Mamba x not responding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chvy2nv

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
Hey guys. So I’m in a bit of a snag here. I had taken my car out last week for it’s first a run with the new motor/esc and other goodies.. first pass I made was quite decent and on my second pass I destroyed my rear drive shaft.
So I ordered new shafts and spool and after putting it all back together now my mamba X is not making any sounds at start up and not recognizing the throttle.
One thing I noticed when putting it back together Im was that one of the esc cables was disconnected. I wasn’t sure if it had popped out due to the drive shaft impact or what. So I put it back. And now this.
I don’t want to imagine that after 1.5 runs that my esc is out.

Go through the initial calibration sequence again if you can.

ESC is bad; will need replacing. Try hooking it up to Castle link via USB cable? If it doesn't connect; the esc is toasted.

Castle ESC's can be tricky when plugging in the wires. Looks like the pins are ready to take the plug but the plastic piece is actually in the way. If you pop off the plastic you can properly insert the plug. Can be done without taking the plastic off but it's a pain and may or may not plug in properly.

Hope you get it sorted whatever the issue may be.
Good luck

Hey guys. So I’m in a bit of a snag here. I had taken my car out last week for it’s first a run with the new motor/esc and other goodies.. first pass I made was quite decent and on my second pass I destroyed my rear drive shaft.
So I ordered new shafts and spool and after putting it all back together now my mamba X is not making any sounds at start up and not recognizing the throttle.
One thing I noticed when putting it back together Im was that one of the esc cables was disconnected. I wasn’t sure if it had popped out due to the drive shaft impact or what. So I put it back. And now this.
I don’t want to imagine that after 1.5 runs that my esc is out.
Not very important, but what car is it in and what cell count were you running?

Just checking. You do know that it runs for a few seconds just to let you know it's working then kicks on only when it hits a certain temp when running.
Mamba fans don't run constant.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back