Fireteam Max6 Combo, now he does always Wheelie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani d.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Vendetta
  6. Vorteks
Hello all, I have given my Fireteam a Max6 with 4982 1650KV. Now he makes wheelies again and again, which I do not like so much. Before was stock combi in it with 15 gear.
Currently I have Punkch on 3 and a 22 Gear.
Wa is your recommendation an 18 Gear or do you have other suggestions?

Throttle control is your friend! Are you on stock diff weights?

What is your objective? More speed but now to fast? Change punch to 1, train throttle finger. If still to fast, remove Lipo and pull on string.
Or tow it behind a Ford.

Seriously, lower punch, train finger(what she said) or hit up Amazon and order some of these:
20230528_114721.jpg
And just so we are on the same page, you won't be using these on the wheels. Stick to front underside of body or inside the chassis at the front. And you MUST use it equally from R to L unless you happen to side heavy to begin with.

Ya, up that Center diff to 500k, that’ll help keep the power down on the front wheels.

Last edited:
Yes I know my gas finger....
No kidding aside, when it was stock I could cruise over the gravel at 90kmh. I love it just the speed bashing.
Yes the diff are still stock, I will swap the middle one to 500k.

Yes I know my gas finger....
No kidding aside, when it was stock I could cruise over the gravel at 90kmh. I love it just the speed bashing.
Yes the diff are still stock, I will swap the middle one to 500k.
500k will make the problem worse tbh. I originally asked because I thought you might have changed it to 500k already.

not 500k?! I thought the heavier the better. What would be your suggestion?

not 500k?! I thought the heavier the better. What would be your suggestion?
I feel you...

Not a wheelie person myself....like power but launch with it staying down. For some rigs, I have gone to 200 or 300k center diff so the power can bleed off but at the same time, keep an eye on the front for ballooning.

I have also played with gearing also and punch as mentioned above. It takes a little testing to find the sweet spot.

I’m running the max6 combo in the FT with 30/200/30 and battery tray in the forward position. Even with punch level 2 (stock level 3) it’ll do a wheelie on loose sand if you go full throttle too quickly, especially as long as the lipo’s are still above 4.0v.
Currently running a 17T.
You could lower punch and go lighter on diff oils, especially in center diff. That way power can bleed out if a wheel has less grip than the others. But more importantly, try to gradually build up power instead of going to full throttle too quickly.

What tires? What transmitter? Throwing a massive engine in a pinto isn’t plug and play, taming low end and midrange to make full use of potential is half the battle. There’s a reason they create RTR newb setups for shelf purchases with light gearing and underpowered electronics.

Last edited:
I always thought thicker oil will keep the front end down.
thicker in center gives more equal distrubution of power to the rear which makes you wheelie more. :cool:(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back