Kraton Max6 ESC Mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornager

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Greetings all,

I have seen that the Max6 has been an extremely popular combo on these forums, alongside a 4092 [I got a 1650Kv] motor. After waiting cause of the postal delays, I got a few upgrades , including the Max6 system. My challenge is that the max6 does not fit on the orignal esc mounting plate. I can see that removing the ridge will allow for it to fit with a slight overhang, which is my question. Is this something that I should be worried about ? I presume that double side taping down the ESC onto the plate should be sufficient for it to stay even with the slight overhang.

Additionally, I feel that the stock v3 Kraton dirt guards [AR320189] are a bit small, and I wonder if anyone has found higher and better coverage? perhaps the Outcast/Notorious guards?

Are there any third party ESC plates that ensure a full fit on the Kraton, or is the original with the ridge removed good enough?

Last edited:
I cut the ridge off the plate on the outcast, made a template for the esc for the 4 holes on the bottom and drilled those in the plate. Then I put double sided tape on it and was able to use I think 3 of the holes to secure it.

I screwed up on the first one and had the esc about 2mm too close to my servo mount and had to grind the armorworks mount down. It was late at night and I was excited... pretty sure I redid it with a new plate later. I just used double sided tape to stick the power button on the side of the esc. It hasn't popped off yet.

2020-0429-Outcast-DualMotorCooler-SideOff-Close.jpg

2020-0429-Outcast-DualMotorCooler-SideOff-high.jpg

2020-0525-Outcast-max6-Hobbystar30mmFan02.jpg

Even after trimming the blades and putting a spacer under the fan motor, both my max6 fans broke on me. I finagled a 30mm alloy framed fan to replace them in both my ERBEv2 and Outcast. The smaller fan pushes more air anyway and it makes metal to metal contact with the heat sink, so kind of acts as an additional heat sink as well.

I did just like @olds97_lss and shaved down the ridge and drilled holes to be able to screw it into the ESC plate.
Screenshot_20211231-132349_Chrome.jpg
I'm not positive but I think M2C's ESC plate has mounting holes for the max6 and also I believe Basherqueen makes a carbon fiber mount also that has mounting holes.

I personally have a Kraton V3 with a Max 6 mounted on the stock plate and I have a Kraton EXB with a Max 6 mounted on the Basherqueen carbon fiber plate. I prefer and highly recommend the carbon fiber plate, because there is a spot to mount the power button.

V3 with stock ESC Plate
20211231_162017.jpg

EXB with Carbon Fiber Plate
20211231_162115.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back