Meanwhile at traxxas. New stempede 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 329 I would buy a Granite 3s instead of the Stampede 2s. Have no issue with anyone prefering the Stampede, good to have options.
I am waiting on my Grogon to arrive :D Looks like a fun truck.

My Hoss shocks have not failed but I did have to replace an axle. Also too bad the Hoss Front/Rear axles are different. The Hoss Body is also very thin.

I still have not dialed in the handling on that truck, it drives strange to me.

Yup the Ultra shocks really need to go the way of the dodo.

Let us not forget the Slash, Rustler and Rally all got new BL-2S models as well. And I am excited to see what changes they make to the 2wd models when they go BL-2S.

The rally got the BL-2s treatment too?

For 329 I would buy a Granite 3s instead of the Stampede 2s. Have no issue with anyone prefering the Stampede, good to have options.
I am waiting on my Grogon to arrive :D Looks like a fun truck.

You couldn't pay me to buy a Granite 3s, I already have 2 turds based on that platform I don't need yet another turd that just pisses me off.

My Hoss shocks have not failed but I did have to replace an axle. Also too bad the Hoss Front/Rear axles are different. The Hoss Body is also very thin.

I still have not dialed in the handling on that truck, it drives strange to me.

Needs a bit of tuning.

You couldn't pay me to buy a Granite 3s, I already have 2 turds based on that platform I don't need yet another turd that just pisses me off.
haha I never owned a Granite so I’ll take your word for it.
Needs a bit of tuning.

I think the hoss (modded) (could be a Stampede 4x4 vxl tsm as well, feels a little the same) did okey there.

I hope my incoming Spark xb6 and Gorgon isn’t like my old stampede requiring major upgrades to be (reliable). I was actually thinking about a granite 3s for my son but slick2500 changed my mind.

Last edited:
Needs a bit of tuning.

Nice video RazorRC! Very good information there on axle upgrades! I just might need to pickup a rear kit to upgrade! The fronts I think are fine.

I was thinking about lowering the existing shocks down a bit as I feel like they are too high and causes some of the odd handling.

Nothing wrong with the truck only its price. This is for people who only buy Traxxas.

Idk what cars you are looking at but those bodies are not the same, the wheel arches are different and it has a lower profile.

Its closer to the old Stampede body than it is to the Hoss imho.

View attachment 328977View attachment 328978View attachment 328979

Everything about this Stampede is an improvement over the previous version imho.
I do wish they would have at least stayed with the short wheelbase chassis instead of the medium wheelbase though. But they probably didn't want to redesign the chassis to accommodate the battery latching mechanism.
I just don't see how the "new" 4x4 Stampede body is closer to the old one than the Hoss. The cab, hood, and bed proportions and overall shape are a dead ringer for the Hoss. The old Stampede body is too rounded in comparison.

So I just noticed something for as much as @Surchaufeur claims to hate Traxxas he sure pays a lot of attention to their new releases. Look at basically every other thread for Traxxas new vehicles and guess who started it. I think he secretly loves them and wants them all.

Good to see Traxxas adding more value to the 4x4 Stampede! I loved my old one, after about $600 in upgrades.
Screenshot_20231112-143558.png

Last edited:
Back