Mirage tires for Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Looks like Pro-Line just released some new belted tires for the Mojave! They look good.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...17mm-blk-raid-2-mojave-6s-udr/PRO1022410.html

1683226594325.png

They look to be larger than the Fortress stockers, a larger Trx UDR size tire.
I don't like the look of the tread for dirt running. I could be wrong. Open block Moto- X treads are better, like the stockers Fortress's. I think I would try out the MethodRC Belted Mojo wheels first before these. PL's so costly at $108 for a set of 4.:rolleyes: What else is new with PL. All their stuff is $$$$$. Overpriced in many cases.

I only wish PL would come out with a Mojave replacement body now. Not sure how HH owning PL now influences this idea. For or against.
My spin.:cool:

Interesting.. more is always better right? Options I mean. I think they look good for hard surfaces..
The price is right in line with the Fortress(retail)?
I've been on the hunt for mojo sized tires for clay.. maybe? The Fortress are okay when the clay is wet and soft but once things dry up, not so much..

Good to see they are still coming up with new aftermarket Mojave parts.
Those probably perform better than stock at gravel drifting and on asphalt. But I think not so much for ‘real‘ offroad where the stock tires perform pretty good.
Definitely more scale looking compared to stock. But I got the Hyrax tires on the Mojave which I think look even better.

PL UDR Hyrax tread appears nicer. I don't run them though. Too $$ for the whole setup. At least for me. I stayed with the Fortess's. I got used to the traction wherever I run them. I'll stay with them. I know they have lasted well for me. Still on my V1 OE set of them. I have a spare set on the side when I first bought my Mojo, that never was needed. So I run them on my TLRT Typhon on occassion.

PL UDR Hyrax tread appears nicer. I don't run them though. Too $$ for the whole setup. At least for me. I stayed with the Fortess's. I got used to the traction wherever I run them. I'll stay with them. I know they have lasted well for me. Still on my V1 OE set of them. I have a spare set on the side when I first bought my Mojo, that never was needed. So I run them on my TLRT Typhon on occassion.
I agree, they are great "all rounder" type tires, toughest rc tires I've come acrossed honestly. Mine are 2 plus years old, never lost a bead or nothing!! I just need some better grip on the clay, so more aggressive tires are out. The mojo shreds truggy tires too easily.. I might give these a go.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I was an RC tire monger, always tried out all of them. And realized I was spending so much coin on them. I have 3 huge bins full of different tires. Trial and error is what I learned. Can't knock them till you try them. I get that. But it gets costly. So I slowed down. Seems there is always going to be that next new flavor of the month.
I will let others experiences dictate for me now.
Give them a try.
The economy right now is horrible, so now I have slowed down greatly with RC purchases. RC is incredibly expensive now !!!! Looks to be a big cash grab, no matter the product these days. RC included. Ludicrous pricing.
But I will always run what I got. Never put RC down.

I was an RC tire monger, always tried out all of them. And realized I was spending so much coin on them. I have 3 huge bins full of different tires. Trial and error is what I learned. Can't knock them till you try them. I get that. But it gets costly. So I slowed down. Seems there is always going to be that next new flavor of the month.
I will let others experiences dictate for me now.
Give them a try.
The economy right now is horrible, so now I have slowed down greatly with RC purchases. RC is incredibly expensive now !!!! Looks to be a big cash grab, no matter the product these days. RC included. Ludicrous pricing.
But I will always run what I got. Never put RC down.
I have bins and cabinets full of tires..they're everywhere!!🤣🤣 but yeah, don't know till ya try em.. I might think they're the greatest tires ever, then they're crap for you.. or vice versa..
How's that saying go?

The availability date keeps getting pushed out on these. What the heck?! C'mon already!!😁
They'd be my first Proline purchase in nearly 30 years,LOL.
Tires anyway, I think I have bought Proline bodies since..

Yeah, IDK what's up with the Mirage release..been since May they were introduced. PL keeps pushing the release back..
I'm pretty much done with the Mojo body. Mine is still intact but, I converted mine to a Kraton EXB chassis..still want Mojo sized tires for it though, running it on my clay track. It's a ripper!! I have been opposed to the Raid wheels, but for Mojo sized tires that might actually grip on clay I may have to settle for the Mirage tires on Raid wheels.

For hard pack clay I've tried 1/8 Buggy Pin tires/wheels with success. Works out decent. Just Need to be with Zero offset Buggy wheels. Stockers being Zero offset, also. And raising the Body one notch should work out. I raised mine and like it better no matter the tire.
If you already have 1/8 Race Buggy wheels there, give them a try. The Fortress's are just fine for me. And the Cheapest way out.

70mph-4500 RPM is solid, tread pattern little non-aggressive for loose dirt

For hard pack clay I've tried 1/8 Buggy Pin tires/wheels with success. Works out decent. Just Need to be with Zero offset Buggy wheels. Stockers being Zero offset, also. And raising the Body one notch should work out. I raised mine and like it better no matter the tire.
If you already have 1/8 Race Buggy wheels there, give them a try. The Fortress's are just fine for me. And the Cheapest way out.
Are you referring to the Mojo with buggy tires? Sorry, I'm confused. On my Mojo armed Kraton I've settled on Fortress for now, def like to give these Mirage TT's a go.. buggy tires are too short for my use, fragile too. I'm exclusively running hard clay these days.

Sorry I Misunderstood.
How about 1/8 Truggy Mini Pins or with a "Bar tread" for hard pack clay? A LP track tire is probably best, whichever you go with.
What have you tried so far?

Sorry I Misunderstood.
How about 1/8 Truggy Mini Pins or with a "Bar tread" for hard pack clay? A LP track tire is probably best, whichever you go with.
What have you tried so far?
I kinda figured that's what you meant, LOL. I tried some DTX Posse, Losi XTT and even a set of DTX Blinders. We have DTX X-cons, and TRX Response Pro 3.8's also, but their on 1/2 offset so no-go for me..they all grip much better than the Fortess tires, problem is they get torn to shreds on the Mojo, I haven't tried them since I swapped out the arms/suspension between the Kraton and Mojo..zero offset truggy with mojo arms rub the Kraton body too much..
The Mojo just tears the beads off the rims with what truggy tires I've tried thus far.
Think I've created an even bigger enigma with the mojo armed Kraton,LOL. The Kraton XL is easy, slap BF Mt's on and go with it..

Have you tried the 4s BF LP's?
I like them.
Seems these days all of a sudden, not many like them or mention them anymore.. Yet they were a thing a few years back. Still are for me. I feel LP tires in general are better in hard pack.

Have you tried the 4s BF LP's?
I like them.
Seems these days all of a sudden, not many like them or mention them anymore.. Yet they were a thing a few years back. Still are for me. I feel LP tires in general are better in hard pack.
Yep, we run those in spring/early summer when the clay is still soft. Great tires too. I have blown the sidewalls out of them. It's how we're driving that's really the problem, and why we tear sidewalls. Too much corner speed, sliding them in and through the corners with heavy 6s rigs on a high grip surfaces..slow down or pay the penalties I suppose. Hard to do when in the moment..😁🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back