Typhon modify center diff gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I see the issue. the diff output shaft is 5mm, the intigy spur bore is 6mm. I made a sleeve from an EC5 female , it fit the output great, but there is still a bit of slop. next time I am at the hobby shop, I'll look for some 5mm copper tubing.

Minor setback... hopefully . 20161020_193522.jpg

Err... What diff shaft?

The only hole that is too big is the recess for the o-ring. The out drive shafts fit great. I'll double check for play tonight, but I remember it fitting nice.

Arrma calls it "Diff outdrive" and its 'shaft' is about 5mm. The integy/HB appears to be close to vorza spur, which is 6mm wide (inside diameter). Outside diameter are the same so no issues fitting in the bearing. For the shaft, i think it's a bit wide by 1mm. See photos below, the black one on the right is vorza's.

copy1.jpg copy2.jpg

sorry, for some reason i didn't see your updated post. :confused:

This matches what I measured with my cheap Chinese calipers. Mine are not good at measuring ID, they were about .2-.4mm off on the ID.

One more issue - on the inside face of the intigy, there is a raised inner circle - this effectively shims the diff a bit tight. (you can kind of see it in my post #21, but I'll try to attach a better pic) It could probably wear in fine, but I have extra bevel gears, so I will sand/grind a bit off the back of one to lower the "shim" stack height.

20161020_191154.jpg

So we are up to three issues with this spur.
#1 - need a larger size o-ring
#2 - Need to sand a bevel gear to lower the effective shim stack height
#3- Need a sleeve to take up the difference between 5mm outdrive and 6mm spur bore.

None of these seem like a huge issue, but need to be addressed.

Last edited:
Hello arrma world . Im looking to run 34p traxxas spur gearing on my Raider xl ,I already upgraded the motor an esc to a sidewinder3.
my question is what input shaft can I use to run those traxxas spurs.
Right now I have the arrma 1 x 59mm Input Shaft with all metal gears inside the gearbox an I locked the diff with JB weld.

And I still don't know what adapter you are referring to... I've done revo searches, but have not found anything that looks like it would help?

I do know of the guy in the EU that makes custom spools, with custom spurs. His spool only works with his spurs, though. I think it was about +$100 for the set.

Oh, so I was searching the FB group, looking for my conversation with Mike, and found a thread on the Intigy spurs - Apperently they make a 38t and 40t spur for the HP apache that bolts up to the Arrma Center diff!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...7ce9Vfbdu2oP8SZ27965DyApHxBKuWjUk-RoC5l3w_wcB

Added to my tower wishlist... :)
The "spool" can be found at sagacustomrc. It's called a spur adapter. It allows you to run revo spur gears so you can run a 34t pinion and a 32t spur gear. It equals massive speed

That sleeve inside on the outdrive doesn't seem like a very good idea, it will be worn out super quickly. Make sure you check it soon to be sure you don't wreck stuff if it does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back