Mojave Mojave replacement Tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary.rvp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
Hi I am trying to fix that my tire don rip inside. I I put m2c extended wheel nuts, and it doing again y talk with Horizon about the problem and they keep sending me tire. They toll me that talk to my hobby shop to see if recomer other stronger arrma tire that fix any ideas?

Attachments

• 80E38FFE-AB94-4BF5-AB2C-4F486D9A001A.jpeg
    80E38FFE-AB94-4BF5-AB2C-4F486D9A001A.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 5F9F8FF7-2E98-4DDE-8455-347943C54701.jpeg
    5F9F8FF7-2E98-4DDE-8455-347943C54701.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 75
I don't know if I understand yet the problem. Are your tires coming unglued or are the hubs stripping out?
Have you changed anything other than the M2C parts? Also, I'm not sure what this part is from M2C?
I would like to try to help but not sure yet the problem even though I do see that you're unhappy.
So far, if you've changed only one thing from stock and now have this trouble I would imagine that it is the upgrade part.

I have stripped wheel hubs on 6s before but I think it was because I didn't tighten the wheel nut hard enough. Have you rotated wheels?

I don't know if I understand yet the problem. Are your tires coming unglued or are the hubs stripping out?
Have you changed anything other than the M2C parts? Also, I'm not sure what this part is from M2C?
I would like to try to help but not sure yet the problem even though I do see that you're unhappy.
So far, if you've changed only one thing from stock and now have this trouble I would imagine that it is the upgrade part.

I have stripped wheel hubs on 6s before but I think it was because I didn't tighten the wheel nut hard enough. Have you rotated wheels?
I tightened the nut well the part that I buy m2c 2mm extender hex because the tire rim inside went was basing it was touch with the hub I gong to sent another picture of the other tire but I have like 8 tire with the same problem.I love this truck I am not unhappy, But I want to fix the problem. And if you have any tire replacement recommendations.
Yes

Attachments

• D9677DCE-0F60-450D-B000-2B69661ACA63.jpeg
    D9677DCE-0F60-450D-B000-2B69661ACA63.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 71
Yeah the wheel hits the steering block the wheel just needs some cutting out on the inside and put some loctite on the wheel nut.

Hi I am trying to fix that my tire don rip inside. I I put m2c extended wheel nuts, and it doing again y talk with Horizon about the problem and they keep sending me tire. They toll me that talk to my hobby shop to see if recomer other stronger arrma tire that fix any ideas?

I don't have a Mojave but, you have two issues there. The bead has come unglued which in turn will cause the tire to rip if it is not reglued. Sounds like it may be a recurring issue for you. All you need to do is keep an eye on the beads and add a little thin Ca glue when needed. The other issue there (that explains why your truck goes sideways when you accelerate hard (in another posting) is the hex in the wheel is stripped out and the hub spins inside the wheel under power. It doesn't matter how tight you make it with a stripped hex, it will still spin. The wheel nuts are serrated on one side, That side goes against the wheel. If not they will constantly loosen and strip the hex in the wheel.

Yeah the wheel hits the steering block the wheel just needs some cutting out on the inside and put some loctite on the wheel nut.

If stock wheels on a stock truck are hitting the hub you have another problem ( most likely bad bearings).

I tightened the nut well the part that I buy m2c 2mm extender hex because the tire rim inside went was basing it was touch with the hub I gong to sent another picture of the other tire but I have like 8 tire with the same problem.I love this truck I am not unhappy, But I want to fix the problem. And if you have any tire replacement recommendations.

Yes
I am afraid I can't figure out why your hubs are stripping. As mentioned above, the serrated nuts are important to fit correctly but still I'm baffled. I hate to see that you have so many wheels that have gone stripped. So expensive to strip these wheels.
My tire suggestion is the Katar (ironically) that fit stock on the Talion... I like the stock tires though too.
I hope you don't have to keep buying new tires and wheel sets.

I talked to a guy at m2c racing and he said that the grey Mojave wheels hold up better than the red or green ones. Worth a try!

I talked to a guy at m2c racing and he said that the grey Mojave wheels hold up better than the red or green ones. Worth a try!
That's interesting! I haven't had trouble with my red ones (yet) but I think I would prefer the grey color. I'll have to try to beat up the ones I own so I can have an excuse to buy the grey set.

My steering angles don't allow the wheels to hit any of the mechanical parts, hence no issue. Looks like maybe too much steering unless your beating the carp out of the thing so bad that everything is bending and twisting, and if that is how you drive then you buy more parts.
It's up to the individual to respect or replace and for me I rather endlessly beat on the Outcast 6s and respect the Mojave 6s. No different than the planes, IMAC or 3d.

M2C is supposed to have some new hexes coming that are 2mm wider in stance, just saw some random vid where someone was trying them out

The contact between the rim and hub accurs while the suspenssion is at closed stroke..
Apply pressure to bottom down the chassis, roll it and u will see...
yeah that's what I was noticing. I just added loctite and I've had no issues now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back