Kraton More broken parts. Now suspension issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sroy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So this weekend I broke the R/F shock mount on a bad jump. Or rather a bad landing. Someone left a 4’ jump out and I swore I wasn’t going to hit it because I would break something. Third jump I did. After fixing that I found out I cracked my front Diff holder as well and went to 2wd. I pulled the frt end apart thinking I blew my diff but that wasn’t the case. Anyways. After putting everything back together. I’ve noticed the RF wheel is sitting about 1/2 lower. I’ve looked everything over. Nothings bent. The bump stops are the same. Any ideas? My buddies Big Rock didn’t survive either.

7756F78D-ED26-4731-9E9B-D8EEBB4D725F.jpeg

75182795-C044-4EAB-BE04-BD9A93B2C029.jpeg

C21CA9DA-0450-4DAC-8F67-870A960D6B08.jpeg

Don’t see anything bent. Looked for that as well. Don’t mention the zip ties in the pic. I was trying to keep my frt diff together for 4wd operation until my HR aluminum diff housing gets here

4FC361E5-3F1C-4912-89E2-3D24A2CB48DF.jpeg

B7AD1C10-21A5-40DC-852F-AD0F53D9821D.jpeg

26A9B84A-552A-42EC-8018-64B3DA97C83B.jpeg

257B7E7D-0F7A-4A67-99EC-B9B934FAA169.jpeg

DDFD99DD-ABAD-47F8-A0F0-B3BDCC6CFC53.jpeg

Also you have top standoffs on shocks in diff holes but may be just the pic
Just the pic. There in the same holes.

I know this is going to sound like a dumb question but are both shocks the same length?

More dumb questions - you said you checked the droop screws - from the top or bottom? Are equal amounts sticking out the bottom (I'm assuming they are the long grub screw type and not the M4 button head)?

Did you bend a shock shaft and it’s keeping the shock from extending maybe?

More dumb questions - you said you checked the droop screws - from the top or bottom? Are equal amounts sticking out the bottom (I'm assuming they are the long grub screw type and not the M4 button head)?
Nothing dumb. When I put the upper arms on i put them on backwards. Fixed that. Set screws are set the same. I’m starting to wonder if the entire chassi is bent?
Did you bend a shock shaft and it’s keeping the shock from extending maybe?
The RS shock shaft was bent 3 weeks ago and it was replaced last week measured both. Same length. I’m thinking the chassi is bent

Unless you have changed it since the pics at the top were taken, you DO have the shocks in two different holes... take a look at the pic with the tower laying down. one is clearly in the inner hole, the other is in the outer hole

Unless you have changed it since the pics at the top were taken, you DO have the shocks in two different holes... take a look at the pic with the tower laying down. one is clearly in the inner hole, the other is in the outer hole
That one pic was when I broke the bolt holding the shock mount. Rush repair to go back out and play. If you look at the other pics. The shock mounts are in the same position.

Because when i put it back together to messed up. With new diff housing in place it’s corrected but difference in wheels is still there

View attachment 127272
So here’s a question I just got my EXB front upper suspension mount. ARA330659. I’m assuming you no longer bolt that in? Use the pins and the lock nut?

image.jpg

Hmm I like that, as those are prone to stripping out when the pin is threaded.

And yup just like the EXB A-arms shock pin.

Because when i put it back together to messed up. With new diff housing in place it’s corrected but difference in wheels is still there

View attachment 127272
About the droop screws. Based on everything I see, that's the issue. You need to lower the one on the passenger side. Definitely don't run it like this as you will destroy the shock end when the arm is over extended.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back