Mugen Seiki MBX8R ECO 1/8 Off-Road Competition Electric Buggy Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting out stock with diff oils.

image.jpg

I think I’ll go with these unless someone has better idea.

AKA Cityblock 1/8 Buggy Pre-Mounted Tires (2) (Yellow) (Super Soft - Long Wear)​

Write the first review
  • Image 1 for AKA Cityblock 1/8 Buggy Pre-Mounted Tires (2) (Yellow) (Super Soft - Long Wear)
  • Image 2 for AKA Cityblock 1/8 Buggy Pre-Mounted Tires (2) (Yellow) (Super Soft - Long Wear)
  • Image 3 for AKA Cityblock 1/8 Buggy Pre-Mounted Tires (2) (Yellow) (Super Soft - Long Wear)
AKA Cityblock 1/8 Buggy Pre-Mounted Tires (2) (Yellow) (Super Soft - Long Wear)
I ran and liked CityBlocks on my truggies, but have not run them on buggies. For the buggies I ran either Impacts or Lockups, depending on track conditions. Local 1/8 track gets sections of powder over hardpack, till you wear it in then it is loose and loamy.

Kind of cool….. so I opened the first bag to assemble diffs and one of the shims was damaged as if one side was sheared off. My first reaction was “ oh man, you gotta be kidding “ . I can’t use that inside a high traction differential. Thought about contacting Amain, but started researching Mugen Seiki and found that they have three sites, one in Japan, one in Germany, and one in the U.S. , turns out that the one in the U.S. is in Lake Forest California. About 5 minutes from my house 😃. I go there and even though it’s not a retail site I’m given a whole bag of shims 👍. Bumpy start but otherwise these diffs look great.
Brooooo.. you live down the block from Mugen Seiki and this is your first one?!? haha
Glad it worked out.

I ran and liked CityBlocks on my truggies, but have not run them on buggies. For the buggies I ran either Impacts or Lockups, depending on track conditions. Local 1/8 track gets sections of powder over hardpack, till you wear it in then it is loose and loamy.
LOL! I have Impacts on my Truggy 🤷
So sexy how much did it set you back not that it matters we re degenerates anyways lol
Plus tax $900 roller
D6A411E8-F604-40AB-A5A7-0FC4A54FAD5B.png

I like the way they feel.
1661375197140.jpeg

Last edited:
Coming along, and looks great!
I would love to build an Arrma from a kit, too bad they never offered it.
Actually I did build a Mojave from Jenny's parts, but its not the same as brand new in part bags with a detailed instruction manual.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back