My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ever hear of working paycheck to paycheck? We are good, some not as fortunate, as you and I. 🤣 . Back in the day I had my worries, today not so much. :cool:. Can you navigate in the woods with a compass? They tought me that in the 7th grade. But I will not put you down if you don't know. :cool:. Just lucky I guess.

This morning I was too busy at work to take the time to drive to Aldi and pick up the weekly groceries.....so I wrote up an order online to be delivered, something I don't normally do. The groceries totaled $200 and qualified for "free" delivery. Well, free delivery still has a $16 convenience fee built in and you are expected to give a tip, so it adds a good 10% to the bill.

I scheduled delivery between 3-5pm because my family was going to be away from home until mid-afternoon. This would leave enough time for the groceries to get to the house and for me to use some of the order for dinner tonight. At 4:10, I get a call from Insta-cart telling me my groceries aren't coming, that they have an outage affecting their app preventing their shoppers/delivery folks from picking things off the shelf at Aldi.

Cancelled the order.... back to in store shopping tomorrow. Useless and expensive service.

Not really a rant but a fact. And a rant 🤷‍♂️.

The harder you work, the more efficiant you are, the better you do your job, the more you get ahead of schedule ............ the more the boss expects of you and the more work you are given to do in the same time period. Thus the quicker you get burnt out.

I'm begining to understand why the old guys at work just take their sweet time. Slow and steady. Maybe their not lazy but smart.

Not really a rant but a fact. And a rant 🤷‍♂️.

The harder you work, the more efficiant you are, the better you do your job, the more you get ahead of schedule ............ the more the boss expects of you and the more work you are given to do in the same time period. Thus the quicker you get burnt out.

I'm begining to understand why the old guys at work just take their sweet time. Slow and steady. Maybe their not lazy but smart.
Are you in the union? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pisses me off to walk a public lake shore and find all the crap some moron has left behind from his relaxing day of fishing... bait container, food wrappers, beer cans, cigarette butts, etc.... but this really pisses me off.... all 4 axels, gotta pull every hub to get it all off. By the time I saw it that day it was too late so, just kept running.
PXL_20240326_024645081.jpg

Pisses me off to walk a public lake shore and find all the crap some moron has left behind from his relaxing day of fishing... bait container, food wrappers, beer cans, cigarette butts, etc.... but this really pisses me off.... all 4 axels, gotta pull every hub to get it all off. By the time I saw it that day it was too late so, just kept running.
View attachment 357041
Every time I go fishing a take a trash bag with me and clean up what what other A-Holes left behind.

Every time I go fishing a take a trash bag with me and clean up what what other A-Holes left behind.
Me too, any everyone that accompanies me. ALWAYS leave with more trash than you showed up with. 👍

View attachment 357041
Been there done that, aggravating as all get out. :mad:

Last edited:
I have a huge problem with people soliciting and knocking on my front door when I live in a HOA that clearly has a large sign posted at the one and only entrance into the hood as well as a private property, no trespassing sign in my yard that can't be missed as you approach my front door. I can only conclude that these people are extremely brave or extremely ignorant. I suspect a bit of both...and no, it's not just the old man in me. Have always been this way especially when they appear with no vehicle in sight, no uniform and empty handed. The exception was when a very young boy approached my garage as I was under my jeep, working on it. He was very polite and apologized for interrupting me. His mother was out on sidewalk with boxes of candy bars in a wagon. So impressed I bought several bars from him. Everyone else can kiss my aged a$$. Ok I'm done done, going to TSC to buy some electric razor wire.
1711660009914.png

Last edited:
I have a huge problem with people soliciting and knocking on my front door when I live in a HOA that clearly has a large sign posted at the one and only entrance into the hood as well as a private property, no trespassing sign in my yard that can't be missed as you approach my front door. I can only conclude that these people are extremely brave or extremely ignorant. I suspect a bit of both...and no, it's not just the old man in me. Have always been this way especially when they appear with no vehicle in sight, no uniform and empty handed. The exception was when a very young boy approached my garage as I was under my jeep, working on it. He was very polite and apologized for interrupting me. His mother was out on sidewalk with boxes of candy bars in a wagon. So impressed I bought several bars from him. Everyone else can kiss my aged a$$. Ok I'm done done, going to TSC to buy some electric razor wire.View attachment 357464
All done by heart strings. Totally planned. WHO's gunna send a kid off with a GTFOH other than @slick2500 ?

View attachment 357041
Had that happen at Montrose Beach in Chicago. Walking my dog let some slack out to let the dog run. Pick up a fishing line and hook. Went through my hand , a trip to the E. R. These days I would take care of it.

I have a huge problem with people soliciting and knocking on my front door when I live in a HOA that clearly has a large sign posted at the one and only entrance into the hood as well as a private property, no trespassing sign in my yard that can't be missed as you approach my front door. I can only conclude that these people are extremely brave or extremely ignorant. I suspect a bit of both...and no, it's not just the old man in me. Have always been this way especially when they appear with no vehicle in sight, no uniform and empty handed. The exception was when a very young boy approached my garage as I was under my jeep, working on it. He was very polite and apologized for interrupting me. His mother was out on sidewalk with boxes of candy bars in a wagon. So impressed I bought several bars from him. Everyone else can kiss my aged a$$. Ok I'm done done, going to TSC to buy some electric razor wire.View attachment 357464
I am the same way, I'm usually polite but some of these nimrods insist on telling me how I'm making a mistake. Most of them just look like they are casing the joint.

His mother was out on sidewalk with boxes of candy bars <<<< So was she hot? :ROFLMAO:

Back