My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear the same thing from pretty much every person who has used their service. I would rather use Crapcast(Comcast) than CenturyLink ever again.
In my area a small company has set up a local Point-To-Point wireless network that apparently does pretty well. When I can remember I'll eventually call them.

Reminds me of my experience with CenturyLink.
My internet wasn't working yet again for like 500th time in a month so I called the 1-800 number, was on hold for 10 minutes and got someone and I told them my internet was down, then that person was oh ill transfer you to tech support waited 45 minutes on hold for tech support to tell me they were having outages....... Why didn't the front end person know this so that people aren't waiting on hold for an hour just to be told that there are service outages? Worst internet and worst customer service I have ever dealt with, the internet was slower than the 3g service on my phone, I had techs out to my house constantly, they replaced the line 4 or 5 times and I still had constant problems. So glad I switched.

My favorite are the guys who lift 2wd pickups......

it doesn't bother me no after today more to be fair - I am almost done cleaning my trucks, need to run the inventory for spares and then they will go in the classifieds on a few sites

I hear the same thing from pretty much every person who has used their service. I would rather use Crapcast(Comcast) than CenturyLink ever again.
I guess I'm fortunate here. Never an issue to speak of but direct line to regional super if I do have trouble.
1588708703066.png

Used to be NTS but they're now Vexus. I pay $40 a month for fiber.
Dayum son that’s sick AF. Hella fast. 1ms ping is fast for a local network. And the symmetrical up/down is not normal for a home connection either.

Dayum son that’s sick AF. Hella fast. 1ms ping is fast for a local network. And the symmetrical up/down is not normal for a home connection either.
Usually I get 0ms ping and always stronger upload but they do stay pretty close together.

1588710053855.png

That is ridiculous! I'm lucky to get 90/25 with comcast. I only average 560 (70MB) or so from my main pc to my media server.
Should be noted that this isn't wireless. I am direct to my router from my PC (where I did the speedtest) but outside in the shop and other stuff is wifi. I have a cheap, old Netgear router too and looking to update because I'm not sure if the tv I'm getting will reach from the shop. In the shop I'm using the 5g channel or whatever its called on my macbook right now so I don't expect much trouble with the tv... we'll see. I switch back and forth out here according to whatever works atm

My wifi isn't too bad, I wish my upload was a bit better, I need to check if we can get fiber here. I swore I saw them running fiber optic lines a while back.
Screenshot_20200505-184403_Speedtest.jpg

FFS - wanted to put on the M2C hex extenders and the bearings didnt seem to be very good on the Mojave but the grub screws one front and one rear rounded in the attempt to remove them ... I don't know what poor quality stuff Arrma is using but its really getting on my nerves that when you want to change or improve things you constantly need to buy spare parts to doing so as from factory the parts are weak or poorly assembled ...

I probably need to Dremel off AR310451 and AR310431which in total again is a £40+ bill just because the two 5mm grub screws (which probably cost 10p) are a piece of sh1t ...

Not directed at anyone in particular.

Here's my rant of the day. It really annoys me when someone posts about something they broke and go out of their way to say they've only owned the truck x amount of days, or x amount of runs. In a lot of the cases the breakage was user error. Or neglect. If I bought a brand new Kraton and on the very first run I tried to do a backflip, landed squarely on the wing, broke the wing mount and then posted how my Kraton broke on the very first run, what would it matter that it was the very first run? That wing mount was breaking on the 1st, 10th or 100th run. It was the terrible landing that did it ?

I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate cases where something fails right out of the box that shouldn't, but most of the time when I see "I've only owned it for 2 days" it's usually followed by "I barely jumped it." ?

This is a rant followed with an attaboy.
Rant: The receiver box on 6S models - Changed out on 3 6S rigs and it was a PITA getting the wires fitted back into that little "water prroof" slot with that stupid foamy stuff, but got it done.
Attaboy: The receiver box on the Infraction - changed out the steering servo and connection for the motor fan and it was a breeze. Same foamy stuff but the WP slot has braces that hold the foam in place as you remove and replace wires. Good job!

FFS - wanted to put on the M2C hex extenders and the bearings didnt seem to be very good on the Mojave but the grub screws one front and one rear rounded in the attempt to remove them ... I don't know what poor quality stuff Arrma is using but its really getting on my nerves that when you want to change or improve things you constantly need to buy spare parts to doing so as from factory the parts are weak or poorly assembled ...

I probably need to Dremel off AR310451 and AR310431which in total again is a £40+ bill just because the two 5mm grub screws (which probably cost 10p) are a piece of sh1t ...
It's not grub screws that are junk, it's the fact that they load everything up with red friggin loctite. Jason can say all he wants they only use blue 242 thread lock, but anyone who has taken apart any Arrma ever knows that he is completely full of crap.
This is a rant followed with an attaboy.
Rant: The receiver box on 6S models - Changed out on 3 6S rigs and it was a PITA getting the wires fitted back into that little "water prroof" slot with that stupid foamy stuff, but got it done.
Attaboy: The receiver box on the Infraction - changed out the steering servo and connection for the motor fan and it was a breeze. Same foamy stuff but the WP slot has braces that hold the foam in place as you remove and replace wires. Good job!
Not a fan of the 6s rx box at all. Why not just give us waterproof receivers?
Not directed at anyone in particular.

Here's my rant of the day. It really annoys me when someone posts about something they broke and go out of their way to say they've only owned the truck x amount of days, or x amount of runs. In a lot of the cases the breakage was user error. Or neglect. If I bought a brand new Kraton and on the very first run I tried to do a backflip, landed squarely on the wing, broke the wing mount and then posted how my Kraton broke on the very first run, what would it matter that it was the very first run? That wing mount was breaking on the 1st, 10th or 100th run. It was the terrible landing that did it ?

I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate cases where something fails right out of the box that shouldn't, but most of the time when I see "I've only owned it for 2 days" it's usually followed by "I barely jumped it." ?
My favorite is still the guy that complained that his Arrma Raider must be as cheap as a Chinese Rc because he ran it into a pole at full speed and sheered off the front a arm.

It's not grub screws that are junk, it's the fact that they load everything up with red friggin loctite. Jason can say all he wants they only use blue 242 thread lock, but anyone who has taken apart any Arrma ever knows that he is completely full of crap.

I tried the two others that didnt had anything on them - I think they weren't been put in correctly but nevertheless they should not round when using proper tools and with the WERA hexplus its virtually impossible unless the material is actually poop - didnt use that much force either

I tried the two others that didnt had anything on them - I think they weren't been put in correctly but nevertheless they should not round when using proper tools and with the WERA hexplus its virtually impossible unless the material is actually poop - didnt use that much force either
I bought a set of those hex plus tools for this exact reason and still ended up rounding out one of those set screws in the hubs. They load the things down with loctite and then make the screws out of the cheapest metal they can find.

Here's mine..

Its a weekly one..

This past week i came across 3 peeps who smoked up their 3/4s stock ADS-7m servo..
And complaining about Arrma for it bein the worst servo ever..

Turned out.. All 3! Installed a Spektrum SRS6000 receiver.. And ran their trucks with AVC turned on..

And i guess, none of them read the manual for it..

IMG_20200521_202718.jpg

The ADS-7m bein a analog servo it makes sense..

Question though.. The ADS-15m also bein a analog servo.. How can Arrma put those in the Infraction?

But somehow it seems, that these tend to cope with the extra AVC load better..

Back