My daily rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, okay. One more. Just to make sure it's awkward. Make people pause, get quiet in disgusted shock, then change the subject.

Why do I hear everyone pronounce the word tournament, as TORN-ah-ment in the states? Years ago, I distinctly remember MOST everyone pronouncing it as TOURnament here. Like sewer, or at least turrnament. But NOW it's all torn. I mean...remember the Gilligan's Island song 🎶"a 3 hour tour." Imagine if they sang it as 🎶"a 3 hour TORE." Saying it the way they do now, is the British pronunciation.

Another. Why do they pronounce syrup as seerup? Last I knew it sounded like surrup. What changed?

Last edited:
A lot of roundabouts going in down here in NC too, they have given up on stoplights these days. Speaking of traffic I have a PSA, TURN OFF YOU HIGH BEAMS WHEN APPROACHING ONCOMING TRAFFIC! That is all thank you.

View attachment 363927
Woah, hold up sir-you’re in NC too?? How TF did I miss this? Where about? Or have I already asked this? 🤔😅🤷🏻‍♂️

I can never decide which way to say it. But if I get it wrong, it makes for a fun argument🤣🤣
Now you bastards have me thinking about it over here, and I just realized I call it Maple Surrrup, but Karo Seeeeerip… 😳🤣

From now on, I’m just gonna 36Mafia the shitt, call it allllllll “Sizzzzurp”, and be done with it before my melon implodes..😂

1714625230540.gif

I can never decide which way to say it. But if I get it wrong, it makes for a fun argument🤣🤣
I mean, come on! Seerup? If I got asked if I wanted some "seerup" on my pancakes, I'd say "no, but I'll take some f*ckin' surrup.

Now you bastards have me thinking about it over here, and I just realized I call it Maple Surrrup, but Karo Seeeeerip… 😳🤣

From now on, I’m just gonna 36Mafia the shitt, call it allllllll “Sizzzzurp”, and be done with it before my melon implodes..😂

View attachment 364038
This is what happens if I get asked about seerup.

Last edited:
Okay, okay. One more. Just to make sure it's awkward. Make people pause, get quiet in disgusted shock, then change the subject.

Why do I hear everyone pronounce the word tournament, as TORN-ah-ment in the states? Years ago, I distinctly remember MOST everyone pronouncing it as TOURnament here. Like sewer, or at least turrnament. But NOW it's all torn. I mean...remember the Gilligan's Island song 🎶"a 3 hour tour." Imagine if they sang it as 🎶"a 3 hour TORE." Saying it the way they do now, is the British pronunciation.

Another. Why do they pronounce syrup as seerup? Last I knew it sounded like surrup. What changed?

I say turn-a-mint but what do I know. So it should be two-or-na-ment? Like you take tour.

Merriam Websters (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tournament) says two-ornament. Must be a Christmass thing.

Now I'm really confused. Thanks.

My favorite is turning regular lanes into bike lanes that nobody uses.
Naw it's used by the homeless guy stealing the aluminum cans from your recycle bin.

View attachment 364038
You know it's hard out here for pancakes
When they don't know if they basking in syrup, seerup, or sizzzzrup.

On another note, murder is up 300% this year over last year here in Fresno, CA, and summer hasn't even started. Can't wait until the temps really get cookin'.
Same here in Chiraq! There was an American made Terrorist, created by Marxist school teachers last night on TV say that if he/they/them (whatever the flavor of the day is) gets arrested, they will be OUT like the Subway killings in NY within 24 hours and will be right back out there on the street "protesting".

Until they get all the WOKE DA's out of law, this will unfortunately continue to happen. Adam Shifty shift had his car broken into in SF this week, crickets about that too..... :rolleyes:

About 10 mins from Hanging Rock up here in Stokes. It's lovely up here, if I may ask where are you, sir? Close?
Well hell brothaman-I know right where that is, and been to HR State Park myself.. I’m in Pittsboro, just about 5min West of Jordan Lake, immediately off of Hwy64. 😎

I used to hit a hobby shop up there in King on occasion. They even had a decent little off-road track! Miss that place, as I heard it was no longer with us..🥹

We usually play around the house, I have 3 acres and there is around 400 behind me that was an old tobacco farm I have access to. Sometimes we go drive at HR.

We usually play around the house, I have 3 acres and there is around 400 behind me that was an old tobacco farm I have access to. Sometimes we go drive at HR.
I run here at the crib as well. Decent size 1/8 off-road track out back getting underway, and I’m out in the woods..😎

Yup,
Same here in Chiraq! There was an American made Terrorist, created by Marxist school teachers last night on TV say that if he/they/them (whatever the flavor of the day is) gets arrested, they will be OUT like the Subway killings in NY within 24 hours and will be right back out there on the street "protesting".

Until they get all the WOKE DA's out of law, this will unfortunately continue to happen. Adam Shifty shift had his car broken into in SF this week, crickets about that too..... :rolleyes:
Yup! Seen all that. Can't believe we haven't deported Pencil neck after pushing the Russian conspiracy theory for 3 years.

On another note, murder is up 300% this year over last year here in Fresno, CA, and summer hasn't even started. Can't wait until the temps really get cookin'.

Dollars to donuts it's drug related. Which means it the Cartel... Oh are we still allowed to call them that?

I meant to say, a group of people that run legitimate out of country businesses may have had some local safety issues.

The bad news is that it will only get worse. There is a large influx of people that needs money. Unfortunately, many will find work doing inappropriate things with no repercussions.

The good news is the murder rate in Santa Clara County is stable. It's about the same as the number of pedestrian deaths.

Our pedestrian deaths are way up but it's mostly homeless people getting run over in the middle of the night. They seem to like to walk in front of moving cars at 2:am 🤷‍♂️

The USPS is a joke: I ordered parts from Jenny's to be shipped to me in Maryland. The package was supposed to be delivered today, but that's not happening: the package is currently in Minnesota! How in hell does that happen? I mean the state abbreviation isn't that close - MD and MN - and the zip code is way different. It's a good thing I'm not waiting for the parts to get a RC vehicle up and running.

This is the second time something like this has happened: on a previous occasion, parts from Jenny's wound up going to South Carolina before being sent to me in Maryland.

The USPS is a joke: I ordered parts from Jenny's to be shipped to me in Maryland. The package was supposed to be delivered today, but that's not happening: the package is currently in Minnesota! How in hell does that happen? I mean the state abbreviation isn't that close - MD and MN - and the zip code is way different. It's a good thing I'm not waiting for the parts to get a RC vehicle up and running.

This is the second time something like this has happened: on a previous occasion, parts from Jenny's wound up going to South Carolina before being sent to me in Maryland.

Hate it for ya, but at the same time; absolutely typical for the USPS.. They do that shitt to me on the regular.. They can’t find their ass with both hands, and a map. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤬

Back