Limitless My Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In that case I "may" toss back in the stock ones if they are that bad. I have (to date) never seen stock ones get crazy like your RCAWD ones did, yes I hear they run out of balance and creates some vibrations but I suppose I better get on ordering the Scorched ones since it may take a while to receive them.
They are out of stock unfortunately, there are some from CRCU but they are even more spendy.

I was gonna comment how your pla prints look nice but won't survive high speed crashes. And after the ninth reprint of your twelfth complete overhaul iteration you just end up with 5 tiny prints on the car just like me. But I suddenly feel like a grumpy old man.
So keep up the good work!

Scorched parts still has the Pinocchio spool shaft combo expensive but a very nice solution to reduce stress on the rear shaft.

I was gonna comment how your pla prints look nice but won't survive high speed crashes. And after the ninth reprint of your twelfth complete overhaul iteration you just end up with 5 tiny prints on the car just like me. But I suddenly feel like a grumpy old man.

Scorched parts still has the Pinocchio spool shaft combo expensive but a very nice solution to reduce stress on the rear shaft.
LOL Yea I don't expect the PLA to hold up too much, especially in the front. I did more redesign and decided to go back to the stock front "blue" cover and currently working on a better air flow design from that point. I never say Never when it comes to crashes and broken things so I know at 80 to 100 most anything may not hold up well LOL.
I work in an Aerospace company, I have asked in the past for parts I designed for quads to be laid up and processed. My printing is sort of a layout of "hoping" I can get my company to allow some more CF :) I could buy sheets as well and see if they will cut them out with the Water Jet we have or worse case have the machine shop do some "government" work for me :) I have always liked the mentality of "Make it yourself" as long as it looks nice in the end.
Yes I also peeked at the Pinocchio setup. I can definitely see there are clear advantages to the "more" expensive add on's and over time I will get her there. Unlike my Kraton and Typhon the Limitless has been a whole new learning experience. I knew when I went this route that I would be spending upwards of 2 grand when it was all done and said. 400 for car 400 for Motor/ESC, and the list is getting higher hehe. At this stage "slow as its going" I want to get it to the point to do radio setup and some slower runs to tweak out the stability of the steering long before I am ready to Full Throttle her...
I'm contemplating soldering on an XT60 to power her up with a 3S or 4S battery to do some basic bench tests. Then when the QS8 connectors and Cap Pack arrives do it up right at that point.
LOL Yea I don't expect the PLA to hold up too much, especially in the front. I did more redesign and decided to go back to the stock front "blue" cover and currently working on a better air flow design from that point. I never say Never when it comes to crashes and broken things so I know at 80 to 100 most anything may not hold up well LOL.
I work in an Aerospace company, I have asked in the past for parts I designed for quads to be laid up and processed. My printing is sort of a layout of "hoping" I can get my company to allow some more CF :) I could buy sheets as well and see if they will cut them out with the Water Jet we have or worse case have the machine shop do some "government" work for me :) I have always liked the mentality of "Make it yourself" as long as it looks nice in the end.
Yes I also peeked at the Pinocchio setup. I can definitely see there are clear advantages to the "more" expensive add on's and over time I will get her there. Unlike my Kraton and Typhon the Limitless has been a whole new learning experience. I knew when I went this route that I would be spending upwards of 2 grand when it was all done and said. 400 for car 400 for Motor/ESC, and the list is getting higher hehe. At this stage "slow as its going" I want to get it to the point to do radio setup and some slower runs to tweak out the stability of the steering long before I am ready to Full Throttle her...
I'm contemplating soldering on an XT60 to power her up with a 3S or 4S battery to do some basic bench tests. Then when the QS8 connectors and Cap Pack arrives do it up right at that point.

As per the Pinocchio setup, shafts and all, I see in there picture at the site that it seems they will fit with the stock front and read braces? I thought I read somewhere that I also had to change those out to have clearance for the larger diameter shafts??

As per the Pinocchio setup, shafts and all, I see in there picture at the site that it seems they will fit with the stock front and read braces? I thought I read somewhere that I also had to change those out to have clearance for the larger diameter shafts??
The cups on the spool have a larger and rare diameter (the ones they provide in the kit, can't support the arrma handbrake) The front and rear it's just making use of the stock cups. I'll be updating my build log this weekend, i'll add some detail pics.

I have the "make it yourself" mentality too. But somehow i like to remain in the prototyping fase. Maybe i am a little afraid once it looks too nice, i would be done with it and thats not what hobbies are for. Added a lot CF now, but mostly for it's properties, not so much the looks.

As for connectors i've got it all batteries setup with 8mm bulletplugs looping the batteries on single lead. And my own design antispark system. Benchtesting i just hook it up to a single 4S battery.
What batteries to you intend to use on your power-hungry beast?

The cups on the spool have a larger and rare diameter (the ones they provide in the kit, can't support the arrma handbrake) The front and rear it's just making use of the stock cups. I'll be updating my build log this weekend, i'll add some detail pics.

I have the "make it yourself" mentality too. But somehow i like to remain in the prototyping fase. Maybe i am a little afraid once it looks too nice, i would be done with it and thats not what hobbies are for. Added a lot CF now, but mostly for it's properties, not so much the looks.

As for connectors i've got it all batteries setup with 8mm bulletplugs looping the batteries on single lead. And my own design antispark system. Benchtesting i just hook it up to a single 4S battery.
What batteries to you intend to use on your power-hungry beast?
Well batteries...I have a few basic 4S packs that can go up to 100C that are fairly new and in good shape for tests but I want to grab a good/fresh set of 4S packs for D Day. I'm thinking CNHL since the 6S Packs I have for my other cars has held up well. I am however doing more research since there are several options. Likely try to aim for 6000mah up to 8000mah. You mention Your Own Anti Park design, would love to hear more :) but I'm sure thats a Top Secrete Project :)

Curious, I'm sure I will find it eventually but with the MM8S ESC does the ESC fan only run when the ESC starts getting warm?
It spins up initially and then turns off. All other functions seem to be working fine, steering-throttle.
Thanks Again.
EDIT: I did a quick Google search and found (according to that thread) the fan only kicks on above 150 degrees.

Last edited:
It's Castle cryo drive. The fan only runs when it necessary. MM8S and XLX2 don't run hot quickly.

I have no secrets. It's just a parallel lead with a resistor, quite similar as what anti spark connectors do. Using bulletplugs directly looks cleaner and saves wire. I'll show it on my soon to be updated build log.

As for batteries, the CHNL Racing 90C's seem to degrade quickly. Initially they were remarkable, but after several cycles they are getting more sag and ripple than my much older CHNL G+ 70C and Graphene Panthers sets.

It's Castle cryo drive. The fan only runs when it necessary. MM8S and XLX2 don't run hot quickly.

I have no secrets. It's just a parallel lead with a resistor, quite similar as what anti spark connectors do. Using bulletplugs directly looks cleaner and saves wire. I'll show it on my soon to be updated build log.

As for batteries, the CHNL Racing 90C's seem to degrade quickly. Initially they were remarkable, but after several cycles they are getting more sag and ripple than my much older CHNL G+ 70C and Graphene Panthers sets.
As per batteries, thats interesting to hear, I will keep an eye on the update to your thread.
Thanks for all of the info and help.

So this seems to be a good place for the on/off switch :)
Out of the way and fits in there pretty good, a little Goop
glue and she was good to go...added some red paint to
the switch since it really had no markings that I could see
and eliminates any confusion, is it on? is it off? Red is on :)

switch.jpg

So I was reading more and more of posts by several here and did some research on Toe and Camber.
Sooooo, I seen @LibertyMKiii posts and did some google searches and I found this:

https://www.rccaraction.com/720spin-toe-camber-gauge-1-10-vehicles/#visitor_pref_pop

Not that I am going to buy it, but this seems really simple to make and 3d print it but my question is
due to this design uses those plastic "thin" things that represent "wheels" would they even replicate the settings without
having actual rims and tires mounted?
I obviously like to 3d print and spend a majority of the time tinkering with different "things" so
if a design like this could benefit I could whip this up in no time.
Thanks

So I was reading more and more of posts by several here and did some research on Toe and Camber.
Sooooo, I seen @LibertyMKiii posts and did some google searches and I found this:

https://www.rccaraction.com/720spin-toe-camber-gauge-1-10-vehicles/#visitor_pref_pop

Not that I am going to buy it, but this seems really simple to make and 3d print it but my question is
due to this design uses those plastic "thin" things that represent "wheels" would they even replicate the settings without
having actual rims and tires mounted?
I obviously like to 3d print and spend a majority of the time tinkering with different "things" so
if a design like this could benefit I could whip this up in no time.
Thanks
As long as it fits flat against the wheel hex I see no reason why it wouldn't be useful.

So I have been doing some careful consideration especially after seeing @Edough13 post on the RCAWD shafts. For now I will just pop the stock ones back in which leaves me with really only (by popular demand) one option, Scorched RC.
The direct replacements are Out Of Stock however last I looked the Pinocchio setup is in stock.
From what I have read the Pinocchio design reduces even more stress on the Arrma setup in general, is that a fair assumption?
Knowing its a heavy price tag, is this honestly a better option than the shafts themselves, looking for opinions please.

One thing I really do not care for on the stock setup for the spool mount is the "plastic" section of the mount.
Since the stock aluminum part of the spool mount seems legit I was considering going with this to replace the plastic mount:

https://practicalproto.com/collections/frontpage/products/arrma-v4-6s-blx-differential-mount
I bounced a question off of their FB messenger and he stated it would work as a direct replacement for the plastic one on the Limitless.

I feel I have a decent starting point as per Motor/ESC/Electronics and from what I see and have read most of the stock stuff will be fine, however a
majority of what I read pertains to the drivetrain so even though I'm a guy on a budget (more or less) I still want a good stable
starting point as a base. Know that my goal is a continuous 100mph (In Baby Steps) but like most we all get that Fever for the PB :)
I do realize that this is a evolution, 100mph is very obtainable at the stage I am at now and I have no intentions of completing the build
then go out and destroy it. After reading a lot of great info posted by @LibertyMKiii, @rotauq as well as many others this is an adventure for me :)

The Pinocchio setup is ideal as it reduces that long dog-bone length. The front one almost never goes out so that tells you the length is the real issue.

You might be able to make something yourself with an 8mm rod. They sell on Amazon for something like $8.00 to 12.00 depending on the length you want and appear to be of good quality (although I have not run 8s on them yet). This is the 8mm shaft ill be running in my 200+ build.

1617631797083.png

The Pinocchio setup is ideal as it reduces that long dog-bone length. The front one almost never goes out so that tells you the length is the real issue.

You might be able to make something yourself with an 8mm rod. They sell on Amazon for something like $8.00 to 12.00 depending on the length you want and appear to be of good quality (although I have not run 8s on them yet). This is the 8mm shaft ill be running in my 200+ build.

View attachment 137356
Had I had access to a decent lathe I would have most likely attempted to make one. I have 20+ years of machinist experience under my belt as well as another 15 years of IT, I decided to make a 180 degree turn on careers back then lol. I really miss those days however, I used to make everything I could by hand :) hence why I 3D print so much LOL That is a good idea as long as the material is solid and heat treated correctly. The RCAWD shafts look good outside but obviously they fall short on a good heat treatment since they seem to bend so easily.

Yes and also out of stock lol
Too bad no one in the US has jumped on the wagon for making shafts, or at least no one I can find :)
Really I looked yesterday and they had them, damn that sucks! Think I'm going to bend over and pay the $100+ for the pinocchio set from scorched in hopes it will prevent a $200 loss like the RCAWD cost me. Stock held up fine the other day for 2 117mph passes and going to run it tomorrow should break into 120's for sure with my gearing change. But definitely sucks no one in us makes comparable driveshafts to CRCU or scorched as just the shipping cost is what $20+ from UK and the Euro is higher than us dollar also.

Really I looked yesterday and they had them, damn that sucks! Think I'm going to bend over and pay the $100+ for the pinocchio set from scorched in hopes it will prevent a $200 loss like the RCAWD cost me. Stock held up fine the other day for 2 117mph passes and going to run it tomorrow should break into 120's for sure with my gearing change. But definitely sucks no one in us makes comparable driveshafts to CRCU or scorched as just the shipping cost is what $20+ from UK and the Euro is higher than us dollar also.
Yea I suppose I am also leaning towards the Scorched setup.

Yea I suppose I am also leaning towards the Scorched setup.
Only thing that seems odd is the split rear shaft. I'd think that would cause more of an issue at the connection point but it seems to be tested and performs to high stress under extreme torque so worth a shot I guess🤷

Only thing that seems odd is the split rear shaft. I'd think that would cause more of an issue at the connection point but it seems to be tested and performs to high stress under extreme torque so worth a shot I guess🤷
Ahh yes where it extends and shortens the rear shaft? Yea I wondered about that as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back