Limitless My Limitless V2 Build - Nothing too crazy (yet)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting a PowerHobby, that's what was in stock and it was much cheaper than the Dynamite and has more capabilities.
I did the first 8S speed passes today! This handles really well and sounds amazing. I'll have to try to record it some how some time lol, but I have pictures.
Exhilarating experience to say the least! Still have a smile on my face!

20230220_140001_copy_1612x1209.jpg

20230220_140214_copy_1562x1108.jpg

And here is my top speed: 103 MPH!

20230220_140314_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Splitter hit something in the road:

20230220_140647_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Other than that, no damage.
I'm thrilled with 103 mph on stock aero on 32T pinion (smallest pinion that can go on stock).

Now to go more faster!!

I ended up getting a PowerHobby, that's what was in stock and it was much cheaper than the Dynamite and has more capabilities.
I did the first 8S speed passes today! This handles really well and sounds amazing. I'll have to try to record it some how some time lol, but I have pictures.

View attachment 279814

View attachment 279815

View attachment 279816

View attachment 279817

I'm thrilled with 103 mph on stock aero on 32T pinion (smallest pinion that can go on stock).

Now to go more faster!!
Dude, you just jump in the deep end and join the 100mph club?!! That’s awesome! Nice road.

View attachment 279814

View attachment 279815

View attachment 279816

View attachment 279817

Now to go more faster!!
FWIW, that Powerhobby GPS is just a rebadged SkyRC GSM-015. :)
1676922777894.png

Congrats on breaking the century mark! You're now an officially certified speed runner. Your certificate should be ready in the coming days.

Dude, you just jump in the deep end and join the 100mph club?!! That’s awesome! Nice road.
Go hard or go home, right? Lol. Thanks! It's a great road...it runs parallel to the county airport, very little traffic, as the only thing that's further down the road is a road department garage. Very smooth road too (the picture has a lot of added sharpness that makes road look not as smooth).

FWIW, that Powerhobby GPS is just a rebadged SkyRC GSM-015. :)
View attachment 279820

Congrats on breaking the century mark! You're now an officially certified speed runner. Your certificate should be ready in the coming days.
Lol look at that! Well it works well!

Thank you! I'll look out for that cert lol

Congrats on the century club bro!!! It's on like Donkey Kong now! Finding a suitable road is one of the most difficult aspects & it looks like you've got a primo spot 😃🥰👍🤘🤘💪

Thanks! Sure is haha.
Funny enough, I was down that road for work last week and when I drove down it I said "this would be perfect for speed runs!"

That road and trees looks like Arkansas / Georgia type of area?

Congrats on a successful outing.

You should try leaving everything exactly as it is and reducing the downforce on the wings.
Most guys trim them down to the 1st line.

That road and trees looks like Arkansas / Georgia type of area?

Congrats on a successful outing.

You should try leaving everything exactly as it is and reducing the downforce on the wings.
Most guys trim them down to the 1st line.
NJ, Pine Barrens. Recent controlled burning in the area gave it a nice campfire smell for ambience.
Thanks! Yep, cutting down the aero will be my next to do, I'll run it on 32t pinion a little more, then I have to get some more sets of tires and I'll put a bigger pinion on.

NJ, Pine Barrens. Recent controlled burning in the area gave it a nice campfire smell for ambience.
Thanks! Yep, cutting down the aero will be my next to do, I'll run it on 32t pinion a little more, then I have to get some more sets of tires and I'll put a bigger pinion on.
I would ditch those Hoons soon. Heard too many stories of them blowing up for no reason at all.

For GRPs you will want to pick up a tire balancer. Some times they are good and other times they need balancing done. You can put the car up on blocks and slowly add throttle trim to bring up the wheel speed and see the imbalance shaking things up.

I would ditch those Hoons soon. Heard too many stories of them blowing up for no reason at all.

For GRPs you will want to pick up a tire balancer. Some times they are good and other times they need balancing done. You can put the car up on blocks and slowly add throttle trim to bring up the wheel speed and see the imbalance shaking things up.
I should go to an auto shop, ask them to balance my tires, and bust out some GRPs. They should have some hub adapters for them to fit on their balancer, right?
Yeah I can tell the Hoons will be begging for mercy soon. I think one more round of speed runs will do them in. They are soft...great for traction, not for longevity lol

I should go to an auto shop, ask them to balance my tires, and bust out some GRPs. They should have some hub adapters for them to fit on their balancer, right?
Yeah I can tell the Hoons will be begging for mercy soon. I think one more round of speed runs will do them in. They are soft...great for traction, not for longevity lol
Interestingly enough the GRPs offer better grip and longevity. Plus they are "safer" to 130 mph. Sort of a win-win.
After those speeds you need foams and they offer about 1/2 the grip so enjoy the 100-130 range while you can :LOL:

Haha thanks! My journey has just begun so hop on for the ride lol.
Im so extremely busy right now. I got a full time job, 4 children now, we re also running the cheap parts side hustle. Gotta put my calendar in order. Im yet to speed my Vendetta 😁

I picked up some nitro tubing and nylon washers to put on the shocks. For the front, I'm going to throw a nylon washer inside each shock on the shaft, making the front shocks shorter, thus lowering the ride height, instead of using the droop screws. Then I will use the nitro tubing on the outside of the shock shafts, for a softer bump stop/limiter. This will give me the rake I'm looking for, and prevent the rear from squatting below the level of the front. I have to say on its stock setup, it performed well.
Everything is reversible if I don't like it, but I think this will work on my speed road.
I also got two powerhobby 4s hv 9000mah 130c batteries that I'm dedicating to this car.
It was way too windy (and chilly) to do any speed runs today. Might get out tomorrow...forecast doesn't show any wind.

Windy today too. Plus I didn't get the suspension setup. Also, just realized that I don't have a high voltage charger. The chargers I do have only charge up to 4.2 volts/cell. I can still charge the hv batteries on them up to 4.2, but I'll have to get an hv charger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back