Limitless My Limitless V2 Build - Nothing too crazy (yet)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Spektrum Servo that Horizon Hobby recommended for this car didn't fit. The body of the servo itself fit, but not with the thick insulated wire attached to it. Ran to the hobby shop last night and picked up a different servo with the conventional flat wire. Savox 1273TG.

Fits as it should!

20230217_125729_copy_1512x2016.jpg

And because taking pictures of the process every step of the way is cool, tx and rx bound and servo horn installed, power switch mounted:
20230217_182737_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Working on installing the motor now, had to reposition the front cover of the can to get the motor mount holes oriented in a way to allow the motor wires to sit at an angle and pass underneath the top chassis brace, so that they can reach the ESC plugs.

Loving your progress, but you gotta get rid of those button head screws in your motor mount! Use some cap head screws & some washers, those'll strip out the 1st time you move it
Oh really? I'll take note of that and pick some up. The button heads are what came with the car. I of course used locktite, and it stayed put during my bench test.

20230217_211017_copy_2016x1512.jpg

Nice work! I just started a V1 limitless and I’m super jelly of all that room you have for a motor.
Thanks! Yeah I can put quite a can in there. Maybe I will eventually, but going to enjoy the Spektrum setup for a bit.

Working on installing the motor now, had to reposition the front cover of the can to get the motor mount holes oriented in a way to allow the motor wires to sit at an angle and pass underneath the top chassis brace, so that they can reach the ESC plugs.
I do not know if this would be the case, but would repositioning end caps on the Spektrum motors alter the motor timing as it did on the older brushed race motors? If so, could it influence the timing settings in the ESC, as the physical baseline would be moved?
That is one sexy build, man!

I do not know if this would be the case, but would repositioning end caps on the Spektrum motors alter the motor timing as it did on the older brushed race motors? If so, could it influence the timing settings in the ESC, as the physical baseline would be moved?
Thanks!
I don't think it'll mess with timing at all, since it was just the outside metal plate cover that needed to be repositioned

Nice work! I just started a V1 limitless and I’m super jelly of all that room you have for a motor.
What motor are you putting in your's? I think they have the same amount of room . Have a feeling his motor may be smaller. Could be very wrong if they moved the motor mount towards the rear on the V2.

I don’t think it works this way. Some dedicated race motors do though. I have a HW 3652 that can edit timing manually like that. Pretty cool stuff.
Oh really? I'll take note of that and pick some up.
PM me your address and some better screws will magically appear in your mailbox.
What motor are you putting in your's? I think they have the same amount of room . Have a feeling his motor may be smaller. Could be very wrong if they moved the motor mount towards the rear on the V2.
Just a 4274 for now but I plan to go much bigger eventually. And yes, the V2 motor mount was moved to allow longer motors.

Correct V2 motor mount moved back for more room for bigger motor.

First run today, ran 4S just to get a feel for how it handles and everything. All in all, handles really nice. I don't have a GPS yet, and the transmitter only shows speed of the motor. My guess would be that it topped out at around 65? The stock ESC settings of braking force are laughable, so had to program that to a higher braking force so I can actually stop lol.

20230218_124323_copy_1736x1080.jpg
20230218_124353_copy_1876x1268.jpg

Also, I may have gone a little drift crazy in the lot 🤪

20230218_132404_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Correct V2 motor mount moved back for more room for bigger motor.

First run today, ran 4S just to get a feel for how it handles and everything. All in all, handles really nice. I don't have a GPS yet, and the transmitter only shows speed of the motor. My guess would be that it topped out at around 65? The stock ESC settings of braking force are laughable, so had to program that to a higher braking force so I can actually stop lol.

View attachment 279228View attachment 279229

Also, I may have gone a little drift crazy in the lot 🤪

View attachment 279230
That last pic shows that you should probably adjust the suspension. Get the contact patch in the middle of the tire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back