Limitless My Limitless V2 Build - Nothing too crazy (yet)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to setting up the shocks with nitro tubing and nylon spacers in the front, as well as cutting down the front and rear spoilers for aero.

20230321_133709.jpg

Rear all set up:

20230321_150152.jpg

For the fronts, I inserted nylon spacers on the shaft inside the shock body in order to lower the front end:

20230321_152610.jpg

Here, you can see the difference; vehicle left side is shock with nylon spacer inside, vehicle right side is regular with no spacer...you can see how it brings the arm up and lowers the stance of the front end:

20230321_154754.jpg

20230321_154808.jpg

Front done:

20230321_161415.jpg

Aero done:

20230321_171839.jpg

How it sits now, notice the front end is lower; also, suspension in rear will not squat below the front end level:

20230321_172754.jpg

20230321_172917.jpg

Waiting for the batteries to charge, might not have enough daylight to do a pass.

Well, that was a disappointing outing. It kept cutting right after reaching full throttle. I'm not sure if the Spektrum 160A ESC couldn't handle a 36T pinion (thought it would be able to), or if the LiHV Powerhobby 15.2v 9000mah 130c batteries voltage sagged way too quick? Only reached 103, which was my top speed the last time.
Also, at some point I lost power to the front wheels, so I was RWD only for a bit...spun out off of the road and crashed, bending the front splitter and pulling out two screws from it, so not serious but it happened.
Oh, and there were freaking gnats everywhere.

20230326_182730.jpg

Well, that was a disappointing outing. It kept cutting right after reaching full throttle. I'm not sure if the Spektrum 160A ESC couldn't handle a 36T pinion (thought it would be able to), or if the LiHV Powerhobby 15.2v 9000mah 130c batteries voltage sagged way too quick? Only reached 103, which was my top speed the last time.
Also, at some point I lost power to the front wheels, so I was RWD only for a bit...spun out off of the road and crashed, bending the front splitter and pulling out two screws from it, so not serious but it happened.
Oh, and there were freaking gnats everywhere.

View attachment 288439
Just a couple suggestions from an amateur speed runner here. Next time you pull the motor I would ditch those crappy button head screws in the top of your motor mount & replace them w/ cap heads & washers before they strip out on ya. Would also recommend getting rid of the hoons & running some grps- they have way more grip w/ the softer compounds

Just a couple suggestions from an amateur speed runner here. Next time you pull the motor I would ditch those crappy button head screws in the top of your motor mount & replace them w/ cap heads & washers before they strip out on ya. Would also recommend getting rid of the hoons & running some grps- they have way more grip w/ the softer compounds
Yeah I still have to order the cap heads.
The hoons really seem to like the road I use (when all four wheels are getting power LOL).

I gotta pull apart the front and see why it's not transferring power up there.

Also gonna try my Spektrum batteries next time and keep the 36t pinion on it to see if they behave better.

So much to work on and not enough time lol.

I turn it off (xlx2 tho)
Mine is currently at it's stock "medium" setting. I'll turn it completely off.
In my head, that would make sense - putting out a lot of power allowing voltage to drop but then climb back up as it continues to provide power to the wheels. Also I remember Raz describing that's what happens - battery voltage drops pretty low, then climbs back up, and that's when, in his words, "the speed run begins"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back