Kraton My next set of tires:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calabash

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 4s
Any reviews from those of you that have them?

Screenshot 2023-04-24 081601.png

Never tried those. Many say they are rather heavy. Give them a try. Trial and error, what works for you, or doesn't.... They are expensive as tires go. Because they are belted construction. Most Belted tires are $$.
I do like my standard PL Badlands however. Similar Block treads. Great traction. (unbelted)

Have you looked at the MethodRC line of tires? They are all Belted. And come either Unmounted (cheapest) or Premounted/glued up, for a bit more $$.

Like @BashTillBroken stated above, the FT tires are great in the dirt and grass. I tried them on my Kraton, the Noto and MT410 and are very durable compared to all the Arrma tires and PL's. Can be had cheapest from JennysRC. I will be buying more of the FT tires myself. The FT wheels are very strong and handle much abuse. And the wheel's Hub area is Stout. I can't see them stripping out at all. The look of them is what puts many people off about them. But they work. All about performing well. This aint no beauty pageant.
Always check the gluing first before you run them when new, add Tire CA as needed. As with any new tire. I also balance all my RC wheels. FWIW.
:cool:

Last edited:
Never tried those. Many say they are rather heavy. Give them a try. Trial and error, what works for you, or doesn't.... They are expensive as tires go. Because they are belted construction. Most Belted tires are $$.
I do like my standard PL Badlands however. Similar Block treads. Great traction. (unbelted)

Have you looked at the MethodRC line of tires? They are all Belted. And come either Unmounted (cheapest) or Premounted/glued up, for a bit more $$.

Like @BashTillBroken stated above, the FT tires are great in the dirt and grass. I tried them on my Kraton, the Noto and MT410 and are very durable compared to all the Arrma tires and PL's. Can be had cheapest from JennysRC. I will be buying more of the FT tires myself. The FT wheels are very strong and handle much abuse. And the wheel's Hub area is Stout. I can't see them stripping out at all.
Always check the gluing first before you run them when new, add Tire CA as needed. As with any new tire. I also balance all my RC wheels. FWIW.
:cool:
Thanks for the info on Method RC tires.

I have them. They do rip pretty easy because the sidewalls are pretty soft. They are also pretty heavy. I usually gear down a tooth when I use them. They also increase the odds of breaking drivetrain pins. Pics for size
9D4496CE-DA8B-4580-BC8A-8DA6A7C15D06.jpeg
DE51500D-793A-4941-A9E1-3A052A76F640.jpeg

Any reviews from those of you that have them?

View attachment 295092
I tried running those on different Kraton set ups. To me they are just too heavy and clunky. The servo even if you have a promodeler 930 ( I tried with one) steering sucked. Too much tire and they are soft.
It’s like putting on your dads shoes and trying to run. On top of that two of the four I bought ballooned like crazy. Backflips are the best tire I’ve tried. I’ve tried a lot. Pictures show maybe half of what I’ve accumulated!
I need to have a tire sale! Most all are good tires, I just love to waste money and drive on stiff new tires lol 😆

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have them on my K6 and agree they are heavy. I jump a lot and think I've broken more stuff since I started using them. But they do have a lot of air control.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back