Granite Need help 4th Run!! Something is wrong with my Front Axel or Shock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I was doing some small jumping with my new ARRMA Granite 4X4 truck into my lawn and it looks like my front left axel looks like it got tweaked.
When you drive it you can real see something is out of wacked with the alignment. I attached a picture of the front wheels.
Whats are your thoughts and opinions?

Left Axel is tweaked.jpeg

Did you take your wheel off? It looks like it could be a hex problem.

Looks like something is wrong with the part that actually sit within the wheel..

IMG_20190630_235245.jpg

Cause when you look at this.. The two round parts on the outside of my lines are still pointing in the same direction..

At the same time.. The steering linkage on the left is to far inward..

Thanks guys for everyones tips!

If you look very closely, that silver pin which is the Eyelet came out and got tweaked and bent the shock!
I just need to order some parts and I should be back up and running in no time.

Last edited:
Also, I updated my front bumper! This picture is just an example of what my updated new front bumper will look like on my new Orange and Black Arrma Granite 4X4 Truck. This bumper can take a lot more of a beating than your stock ones! I will BE starting a THREAD here shortly with all of the Hop ups I did on my ARRMA Granite 4X4 truck !!
Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 8.18.48 PM.png

Thanks guys for everyones tips!

If you look very closely, that silver pin which is the Eyelet came out and got tweaked and bent the shock!
I just need to order some parts and I should be back up and running in no time.

View attachment 42173
looks like its pay day so youre good to go:ROFLMAO:

looks like its pay day so youre good to go:ROFLMAO:

Yes sir! My Granite should be up and running this Friday with the new T-Bone Racing bumper and I will be installing the Fast Eddy's ceramic bearings and removing the stock ones since they attract a ton of dirt.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 8.18.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 8.18.48 PM.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 7.59.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 7.59.55 AM.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Looks like something is wrong with the part that actually sit within the wheel..

View attachment 42082

Cause when you look at this.. The two round parts on the outside of my lines are still pointing in the same direction..

At the same time.. The steering linkage on the left is to far inward..

@Mike-NLD - I took my truck to my LHS and they repaired the shock and I thought the problem was fixed until I got home and gave my truck a run! As soon as my truck was driving you could really see how bent the axel really is when the Granite is going towards you! I took of the tires and you can also really see that somehow my the Axel pin is bent out instead of the right side points straight! Just like your image with the red line pointing forward. You can really see how tweaked out the right side is vs the other side. That silver pin that has the hex on it to attach your wheels is bent and that's why I can't get my tires to point straight or my truck to run the proper way! What are your thoughts on how to fix this problem? Do you think I am going to need a new axel pin replaced or what since clearly its bent! I tested it out and now I can't barely do a wheelie now! Only was my 4th run and this happen... Does anyone know how to adjust the front alignment?
Axel Tweak 1.jpg
Axel Tweak 2.jpg
Axel Tweak 3.jpg

Last edited:
Adjust the toe angle using the turnbuckle. You want to turn it so that it becomes longer whick will make the wheel turn in. That's what the turnbuckles are for.

Screenshot_20190704-093851_Chrome.jpg

Adjust the toe angle using the turnbuckle. You want to turn it so that it becomes longer whick will make the wheel turn in. That's what the turnbuckles are for.

View attachment 42348
Normally yes, but something is way off about that. The turnbuckles look about even and that one wheel is off doing it's own thing. I'm pretty sure something's busted. I don't know what, but something ain't right.

Normally yes, but something is way off about that. The turnbuckles look about even and that one wheel is off doing it's own thing. I'm pretty sure something's busted. I don't know what, but something ain't right.
Maybe. I assumed he looked. There are like 3 parts in the whole arms assembly. I'd just take it apart.

Thanks guys for all of your input. I 100% agree @bicketybam that (RIGHT) wheel is doing something on its own! Anyways, this is my 1st real RC truck so please bare with me guys. Does anybody know what size wrench i NEED for the turnbuckle?
I would image i have to take off the toe angle to adjust the turnbuckle?
Right Sided Axel is off pointing right.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all of your input. I 100% agree @bicketybam that (RIGHT) wheel is doing something on its own! Anyways, this is my 1st real RC truck so please bare with me guys. Does anybody know what size wrench i NEED for the turnbuckle?
I would image i have to take off the toe angle to adjust the turnbuckle?
View attachment 42356
5mm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back