Notorious Need some help since I busted my front right a-arms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Question, #ARRMAfans, how do I take this lower -a -arms off! I got the top bolt out of the shock towers but can't seem to get this lower one out.
Also, I unscrewed the screws for the front black plastic pcs the front little bumper like part off but still cant get that a-arms out..
Any help would be greatly appercaited?

1576859022393.png

1576859146463.png

You have to take off the front bumper and that red aluminum hinge pin holder then it will slide right off the front. To take off the front bumper you have to remove those 2 front most screws that go up through the chassis into the bulkhead

You have to take off the front bumper and that red aluminum hinge pin holder then it will slide right off the front. To take off the front bumper you have to remove those 2 front most screws that go up through the chassis into the bulkhead

@pa_fullsend - These Two screws here in the picture brother? Plus, i TOOK the 2 screws off the front bumper but still can remove this lower hinge pin.

1576860301230.png

4 total. Then pull the bumper off, the red plate, then the hinge pins will be able to be pulled out.

View attachment 57854
Let me know if you figured it out.

Also take note that the bumper pulls straight out the front.. it has a tab that is sandwiched between the chassis and the bulkhead/diff housing... @Custnam is dead on for the screw count and location..

It should pull out fairly easy, but if it doesn't you may need to loosen the next set of 2 screws in the diff housing directly behind the furthest forward set in the chassis plate..

Once the bumper is off grab the pin and slide it out the front, old arm will come right out then reverse the process to install the new arm..

Also take note that the bumper pulls straight out the front.. it has a tab that is sandwiched between the chassis and the bulkhead/diff housing... @Custnam is dead on for the screw count and location..

It should pull out fairly easy, but if it doesn't you may need to loosen the next set of 2 screws in the diff housing directly behind the furthest forward set in the chassis plate..

Once the bumper is off grab the pin and slide it out the front, old arm will come right out then reverse the process to install the new arm..
Forgot about that tab. :sneaky:

Sounds like everyone else got ya covered. Hope you figured it all out ??

@pa_fullsend , Custnam, Camaroboy383, After I took out the screws it popped right off guys thanks a lot! Now I can install my new set of #RPM A-Arms on the front of my 6s #Notorious #Stunttruck and get this beast up and running ones again.
1576881613088.png

RPM A-Arms front and Rear Set:
1576881633858.png

@pa_fullsend , Custnam, Camaroboy383, After I took out the screws it popped right off guys thanks a lot! Now I can install my new set of #RPM A-Arms on the front of my 6s #Notorious #Stunttruck and get this beast up and running ones again.
View attachment 57894
View attachment 57895

Awesome dude. Only way to learn how to maintain those rigs is hands on so don’t be afraid to start taking out screws! Just remember how everything came apart. Take pics of you have to!

View attachment 57894
View attachment 57895

Oh boy, look at the state of those pins.. somebody has been doing some wet bashing..lol...
Make sure you pull them out and clean them... just take a small amount of grease on a rag and rub the pins through it to get the rust off them...

Rusty pins will eat pin bores fast..and can be a pain to remove if they rust enough to swell in the arm pin bores. keep that in mind for when you do your tear downs.. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back