Mojave New 6s update soon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's starting to appear obvious that they are going to rerelease a lot of stuff with the new electronics. I wonder if hobbywing upgrading all the electronics is partly the cause of this. Maybe it's possible that hobbywing not making the old spektrum poop anymore so arrma dumped stock to come out with new models including the new stuff. We don't know but I know it's foolish to think arrma is not going to release anything.

I think it's starting to appear obvious that they are going to rerelease a lot of stuff with the new electronics. I wonder if hobbywing upgrading all the electronics is partly the cause of this. Maybe it's possible that hobbywing not making the old spektrum poop anymore so arrma dumped stock to come out with new models including the new stuff. We don't know but I know it's foolish to think arrma is not going to release anything.
Question is will it be jaw dropping or ball dropping

I think the Fireteam could be re-released with a different body and different tires and sell much better than the gun squad body. Whether ornot they go that route I don't know.
The issue with the fireteam is the body who costs a fortune and is gimmicky. Being longer and heavier than a kraton makes the drivetrain a bit weaker. Those are the two main issues with the fireteam. For most people its the body that is the problem who is a maintenance item. The body alone is responsable for the insane MSRP. The colours were pretty good

*still on stock ft body and panels. Yall drive like lunatics 🤣 🤣 surprisingly the ft has been really durable for me, body included.

I got my FT on the 50% sale so the body cost didnt impact me, but it is gimmicky and weak overall. I tried A LOT of things to make it more durable but it still broke so often I threw it in a dumpster one day after a couple more pieces broke.
Been waiting on the hoon tires sale. I need to restock!
*still on stock ft body and panels. Yall drive like lunatics 🤣 🤣 surprisingly the ft has been really durable for me, body included.
Its subjective. For you durable can mean until the body pins fly off.

Been waiting on the hoon tires sale. I need to restock!

Its subjective. For you durable can mean until the body pins fly off.
When I say durable I mean nothing has fallen off or needed to be replaced. You're right though, durability is very subjective. A lot of you drive like lunatics and say stuff is not durable when you do 20 cart wheels down the field :eek: :ROFLMAO:. I'm noticing that a lot on this forum. 9 times out of 10 when people complain about durability on something it almost never applies to me.

I'll be the one person with the random problem that no one has ever had before. :ROFLMAO:

When I say durable I mean nothing has fallen off or needed to be replaced. You're right though, durable is very subjective. A lot of you drive like lunatics and say stuff is not durable when you do 20 cart wheels down the field lol. I'm noticing that a lot on this forum. 9 times out of 10 when people complain about durability on something it almost never applies to me.

I'll be the one person with the random problem that no one has ever had before. :ROFLMAO:
I bash my trucks hard. My kraton 6s body is cracked almost everywhere but held togueter with shoegoo. The whole front grill is shattered like glass. Im ussualy the one with odd weird issues Like cogging on 14T on the blx 185 system. Was only able to fix it by making a giant cappack. Until i blew two blx 185 and got a max 8

I bash my trucks hard. My kraton 6s body is cracked almost everywhere but held togueter with shoegoo. The whole front grill is shattered like glass.
I'm confident I bash hard too but i'm not driving into mail boxes and poop :ROFLMAO: my Fireteam for example has probably had more tumbles from jumps than any other rig I own which is why I was so surprised it held up so well. I've yet to even break a single thing on that truck except wheel bearings.

So many tumbles I lost count. :ROFLMAO:

This thing has been a tank for me, now the kraton exb? I've probably had more problems with that truck than any other rig I own and most of them came from me failing to land front flips.

When I say durable I mean nothing has fallen off or needed to be replaced. You're right though, durability is very subjective. A lot of you drive like lunatics and say stuff is not durable when you do 20 cart wheels down the field :eek: :ROFLMAO:. I'm noticing that a lot on this forum. 9 times out of 10 when people complain about durability on something it almost never applies to me.

You may be underestimating how much bashing surface affects things. You have a really cool spot that gives you good quality dirt surrounded by mowed grass that from your videos looks great for bashing. When I run my rigs on grass or a dirt grass mix without rocks, they seem way more durable compared to my other bash spots with a lot of rocks of all sizes mixed with the dirt. The difference between surfaces made me cut WAY back on how often I go places that there are a lot of rock. I destroyed the FT body where it was dirt/rocks mix, I basically wanted the rig because I thought it was big and tough enough to handle those rougher places, it broke more than other rigs in that environment, especially the body! Rollover 3 times to the side at around 15-20mph turning around, there goes 2 panels cracking and a roll cage bar snapping...a 2 pound body for that???!!!🤬🤣

Since then I've stayed off rocky places, if I would have earlier, maybe the FT body would have been okay to me. I have a Proline truck body that has lasted twice as long as the FT body. Weighs a pound less than the FT body and still in fantastic shape other than scratched up. I don't even use the center support to protect the body from upside down landings which it has done a few times. Still only scratches. :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

You may be underestimating how much bashing surface affects things. You have a really cool spot that gives you good quality dirt surrounded by mowed grass that from your videos looks great for bashing. When I run my rigs on grass or a dirt grass mix without rocks, they seem way more durable compared to my other bash spots with a lot of rocks of all sizes mixed with the dirt. The difference between surfaces made me cut WAY back on how often I go places that there are a lot of rock. I destroyed the FT body where it was dirt/rocks mix, I basically wanted the rig because I thought it was big and tough enough to handle those rougher places, it broke more than other rigs in that environment, especially the body! Rollover 3 times to the side at around 15-20mph turning around, there goes 2 panels cracking and a roll cage bar snapping...a 2 pound body for that???!!!🤬🤣

Since then I've stayed off rocky places, if I would have earlier, maybe the FT body would have been okay to me. I have a Proline truck body that has lasted twice as long as the FT body. Weighs a pound less than the FT body and still in fantastic shape other than scratched up. I don't even use the center support to protect the body from upside down landings which it has done a few times. Still only scratches. :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️
You make a great point and I think you're right. It's probably why I never really bend chassis either. I need to be beyond grateful for my bash spot 🤣

I like to have choices, but I think Arrma's line-up is very (too) costly; on their website they have 32 (!) models.

They all need to be designed, parts made, and not un-important they need to be produced. That's a lot of working capital tied up in inventory for quite some time. Not only for Arrma, but also for a LHS, who is also carrying other brands.
Yes, the cost of most models and parts is only a fraction of the MSRP, but still you'll have to pray you have enough fast selling models to recoup sufficient money to pay the rent, bills, salaries and compensate for (future) discounts for the slow selling models.

Arrma is owned by Horizon, which is owned by a group of investors. There may be a few RC enthousiast amongst them who may not really care much about their investement, but typically investors want a nice return on their investment as soon as possible. I think they currently are trying to sell as much of current stock as possible with minimal new releases, before launching new (v6_ models resulting in discounting the v5 models. There is a fine line though how long they can continue to do this.

I wouldn't be surpised if they reduce the number of models.

Doesn't look like it, though. Connectors are still ugly orange.

View attachment 319972
Sorry, I didn't see the connectors in the pic that was posted.
Doesn't look like it, though. Connectors are still ugly orange.

View attachment 319972
Sorry, the connectors weren't shown in the pic that was posted. Anyway, I couldn't care less about a new spectrum ESC: on two of my three Arrma vehicles I replaced the stock Spectrum ESCs and motors with Castle systems.

Your all on my list!! 🤬

optimus-fight.gif

It's kind of comical seeing src and surch tag team arrma. It's almost like they are about to form voltron. 🤣
I am the anti-fanboy.
I still love Arrma, don't worry.:LOL:
Nothing is perfect, I just know where the flaws are and always pose the argument.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back