Mojave Mojave 6S - New 2023 “Stealth” Update: Spektrum V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. What does your part number sticker say?

Mine (bought 3 weeks ago) says this:

View attachment 328980
I think you got an older inventory model.

Mine says 2023, which coincides with their production date.

Nice!! Seems to be unannounced changes? I see the "blacked out" firma 150 has a cap pack installed, is that new? I don't own any so not sure.🤷‍♂️ FWIW Jenny's has been selling V2 Mojave parts for at least 2 years that I know of, maybe this is V3?

Screenshot_20231030-140611_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice!! Seems to be unannounced changes? I see the "blacked out" firma 150 has a cap pack installed, is that new? I don't own any so not sure.🤷‍♂️ FWIW Jenny's has been selling V2 Mojave parts for at least 2 years that I know of, maybe this is V3?
All of my stock Spektrum 150A electronics came with cap packs.

The 6s Mojave was going to be my next rig. I may wait a while to ensure I get one of these instead of the old style.
If you buy from LHS, just check the box and make sure it has "2023" in the serial number.

Higher resale maybe?
Perhaps, IDK. I beat the crap out of my snot so resale value just isn't a consideration to me.👊😎😂
I know the 25t servo is a welcomed change but, how many servo horns does anyone go through? Aside from the plastic crap that Redcat and Tekno provide, I've never actually had a failure of an aluminum horn.🤷‍♂️

23-25T aluminum horn doesn’t matter with the right hammer blow into steel gears 😂 Plus it ensures I get it dead nuts center with no trim tuning after the alignment laser.

23-25T aluminum horn doesn’t matter with the right hammer blow into steel gears 😂 Plus it ensures I get it dead nuts center with no trim tuning after the alignment laser.
Yeah, IDK how much more precise the S655 will be over an S652? I mean they're both rtr servos which is basically "enough to get ya started"..
What's this alignment laser? Seriously? Damn, I'll never take it that seriously myself but, have at it bro!!😎🍻

Some Retail 150A versions did not. Depending what model # you order.
Not sure but, I feel like out of the 5 or so 6s rtr Arrma's my brother has, some don't have cap packs? I may be wrong, I don't pay that much attention to his rc's.. I do know that I have 2 TC Torox 185 esc's from JRC. One has a cap pack, one does not..weird. The one cap pack on the Torox is a larger cap pack than the v2 Firma 160 I just picked up off the classifieds here.🤷‍♂️

Only the Spektrum Firma ESC's came with Cap packs. (OE RTR's) The older Arrma BLX185's never did. But like I said I have seen Firma Retail versions come both with and without a cap pack. And the Model #'s are different.

Only the Spektrum Firma ESC's came with Cap packs. (OE RTR's) The older Arrma BLX185's never did. But like I said I have seen Firma Retail versions come both with and without a cap pack. And the Model #'s are different.
He doesn't own anything that old (blx185), I may be mistaken on whether all his OE Firma 150's have cap packs too.. the only Arrma system's I own are a BLX185 combo from JRC, and a v2 160/1100kv combo I just got.
BTW, ever notice the similarities between the BLX 2050 and TC Kuron 2050? Literally the exact same motor with a different paint job and motor cables.

ARAG2000_A0_O409UW86.jpg

C-54055.jpg

The better latest revised body posts can be hard to find retail wise. All I see are the OG v1's when replacing them.
Seems only the recent boxed kit Mojo were getting them. Arrma does that sometimes.
Like with the Shock Boots. Only the Boxed model kits the get the OE better ones. When replacing them, you can only find the inferior ones, that tear easily at the bottom. Made differently.

The better latest revised body posts can be hard to find retail wise. All I see are the OG v1's when replacing them.
Seems only the recent boxed kit Mojo were getting them. Arrma does that sometimes.
Like with the Shock Boots. Only the Boxed model kits the get the OE better ones. When replacing them, you can only find the inferior ones, that tear easily at the bottom. Made differently.
Had I known the shock boots would be sought after I would have removed and saved to sell em, LOL. I use them till they tear, then remove and toss.. I don't see any value in them myself.🤷‍♂️

They do keep the shock oil cleaner in the long run. And prevent scratched/damaged Shafts. Dirt won't slide up the shafts and past the bottom cartridge seals into the oil. I was always replacing them immediately years back when they tore up. Just this got stupid $$ costly. Mostly at the rears.
Rear Arm Mud guards do prevent much damage to them. If you use strong cleaners and scrub them hard, they will fall apart very quickly.

>>>Now when they tear up, I just leave them there as is, all shredded up. I'll pull them off when I do a rebuild. The shafts now do get all scratched and oil gets dirty quickly.
I now don't pay much attention to them if they get damaged. They do serve a valid functional purpose IMHO. But are just too costly to constantly replace so often. Makes no sense to. The Retail replacements are garbage compare to the OE Boxed ones, and only last half as long, if that.
My experience with (9) 6s models here.

Edit.
The On road 1/7 line and the 6s Mojo don't come with Shock boots. I added them. And ironically they have lasted so far. No damage. I don't expect much from them however. I just figured, while the shocks are still new I would run boots. Better than nothing. I had to trim Typhon shock Boots for my short Lim and Infr. shocks. Running in the rough stuff gets the best of shock boots..
Most Track guys running 1/8 platforms always run shocks boots.

Last edited:
They do keep the shock oil cleaner in the long run. And prevent scratched/damaged Shafts. Dirt won't slide up the shafts and past the bottom cartridge seals into the oil. I was always replacing them immediately years back when they tore up. Just this got stupid $$ costly. Mostly at the rears.
Rear Arm Mud guards do prevent much damage to them. If you use strong cleaners and scrub them hard, they will fall apart very quickly.

>>>Now when they tear up, I just leave them there as is, all shredded up. I'll pull them off whe I do a rebuild. I don't pay much attention to them if they get damaged. They do serve a valid functional purpose IMHO. But are just too costly to constantly replace so often. Makes no sense to. The Retail replacenments are garbage compare to the OE Boxed ones, and only last half as long, if that.
My experience with (9) 6s modesl here.
Yeah, I sure can't say they don't work. But rather that I just won't be spending any money for them. Shock skinz either, just me. I have rigs with and without the boots and never noticed enough difference to justify buying them.

IMHO, Shock Skins just messes with the Spring preload. Messes up the spring's Coils with every compression stroke. Being tightly wrapped. I could be splitting hairs. IDK. Springs should not be covered with anything IMHO.. And Skins still allow fine dirt/dust ingress anyway. And that dirt stays inside. I tried them. They suck to deal with when servicing the shocks. Yeah Been there.... The skins also bind up at the shock preload collar when adjusting them. They are just a PIA.(n)
Shock Skins/ Covers are a "Bling Thing" if anything. Just Looks trick. A waste of Coin.
They will also tear and rip apart with use.

Back