New Law Mandates 'Kill Switches' in ALL Cars from 2026 Onwards!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was how you got out of a DUI. :ROFLMAO:
Only if you are a female and the officer is male.

Unless this is the female cop.

1698275820971.png

Big corporations see us all as data to be monetized, nothing more.

https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/p...my-car-collect-about-me-and-where-does-it-go/

Cars with more advanced features and commands barely even need buttons. There’s touch-sensors and screens that work with barely a boop of the finger, a wave of the foot, or even by asking nicely. The future is now! But having all those microphones, cameras, and sensors sending signals through your car’s computers also means that whenever you interact with your car you create a tiny record of what you just did. Like when you turn the steering wheel or unlock the doors. And usually all that information is collected and stored by the car company.

No joke, new car "tech" is the ultimate surveillance machine:

Other bits of information about you and your passengers can be collected automatically, when you’re just sitting there. Because while your car is waiting to respond to your command, its sensors are, uh, “sensing”. That’s probably why vehicle data hubs, the data brokers of the car industry, can brag about having so many data points like driver fatigue -- which monitors head and eye position -- and heart rate

So not just your car watching you, its watching/listening to your passengers. Remember that when you are a passenger with someone else...

Being able to log and follow and possibly intervene woth and turn off cars remotely.
Granted, like with phone placement on crime scenes, this is possible with cars as well, but intelligence organisations up till now, at least use the data after the fact for solving cases, but the possibility of abuse is getting scary.

Kill switch - Oh finally it makes sense! It was all about the kill switch. Not the environment. :unsure: 🤪 🤪 🤪 :confused:

So the next step is the car won't operate if not logging on every now and then. So an enemy could shut the whole country down by targeting satellites and mobile networks. Conspiracy. First that could be tested by shutting down oilpipes. :unsure: Didn't that ... May 2021. Just checking if that is still considered conspiracy. 😅

Hm, wrong social credit score - could limit your car use. How about carbon footprint? Or having too many rc cars? Or having said the wrong thing. Or you were gaming to long? (China regulates that one for kids). Skincolor, ethnicity - a different one cancelled every few years? 😳 How about some "genders" getting more drive credits? Too many guns? People with drones - suspect!! :unsure:

Make sure you are voting all the time and every day with your money.

I hope you all know that this has already been in place for 5-10+ years i.e. GPS tracking and a 'flight recorder' of all major data, at least in US models. Typically a box mounted in the trunk or under a seat.
This legislation will just make it possible to use for official purposes. Glad we all fear the big government but freely give all our data to private companies aka Android/Apple phones or PC (Microsoft). Funny thing is that this actually makes it easier for the 'govn'ment' as they are now allowed to just buy the data while they are never allowed to track it themselves, silly games we play.
There will always be exceptions and people will use Antique cars and rotary phones but those will be the minority and are usually not the concern.

Welcome to the future :cautious:

Sorry i live in a country where car jacking does not exist

I didn't even know that carjacking was still a thing. 🤷‍♂️ Most of the cars that get stolen here are because someone left their keys in the car while it was running.

I didn't even know that carjacking was still a thing. 🤷‍♂️ Most of the cars that get stolen here are because someone left their keys in the car while it was running.
In Chicago they do it every 5 min or so. They do it in two already stolen cars, one will pull up in front of the car they want so it can't move, the other pulls up right on the side, 3-4 scumbags get out, pull you out or kill you and your car is history. They take your phones, wallets, purses with them in your car. The phones get chucked about a block away from the jack spot. Seems like a great business to get into after the drugs you've sold killed off your clientele.

Does this mean I should remove my key from the ignition? Just kidding.. my last car I only had one key for, left it in the ignition pretty much full time, unless I had to go to the city or something. I tried having keys made at several places, never worked. $1500 Tercel, I got 10 years outta that thing!! F'ing mint!! Had to let her go, cancer was really eating away at it, was a 95 4 speed standard. Might have been my best purchase ever! Now rocking an 06 toaster, Scion xb. Same Toyo quality, advanced cancer though..sub frame is rotted through..stinks. We have anual safety inspections here in NY. Not sure how much longer I'll be able to circumvent that..
In Chicago they do it every 5 min or so. They do it in two already stolen cars, one will pull up in front of the car they want so it can't move, the other pulls up right on the side, 3-4 scumbags get out, pull you out or kill you and your car is history. They take your phones, wallets, purses with them in your car. The phones get chucked about a block away from the jack spot. Seems like a great business to get into after the drugs you've sold killed off your clientele.
Glad I only own cars that ain't worth stealing!! Best way to prevent car jacking?😉🤣🤣

Apparently in Cali and Chicago it's still a thing. I thought it was more of a South Africa/Brazil thing...
My last 2 cars were keyless start, so i couldnt leave them in the ignition.

But hacking aside, I am a big fan of API's / IoT. Gone crazy on home automation as well. It's crazy what's already possible nowadays.
A next gen car would just say "unrecognized user" and not open/start without approval of the ower. Certainly like any tech adoption it will be buggy and open for abuse in the innitial phase (assuming private car ownership and driving would still be a thing at all) but as long as there is healthy competition people will only go for the tech that works best.

Does this mean I should remove my key from the ignition? Just kidding.. my last car I only had one key for, left it in the ignition pretty much full time, unless I had to go to the city or something. I tried having keys made at several places, never worked. $1500 Tercel, I got 10 years outta that thing!! F'ing mint!! Had to let her go, cancer was really eating away at it, was a 95 4 speed standard. Might have been my best purchase ever! Now rocking an 06 toaster, Scion xb. Same Toyo quality, advanced cancer though..sub frame is rotted through..stinks. We have anual safety inspections here in NY. Not sure how much longer I'll be able to circumvent that..

Glad I only own cars that ain't worth stealing!! Best way to prevent car jacking?😉🤣🤣

Apparently in Cali and Chicago it's still a thing. I thought it was more of a South Africa/Brazil thing...

But hacking aside, I am a big fan of API's / IoT. Gone crazy on home automation as well. It's crazy what's already possible nowadays.
A next gen car would just say "unrecognized user" and not open/start without approval of the ower. Certainly like any tech adoption it will be buggy and open for abuse in the innitial phase (assuming private car ownership and driving would still be a thing at all) but as long as there is healthy competition people will only go for the tech that works best.

Cruise Control with Auto speed adjustment, Lane Change warning and Auto correct, pedestrian detection & Avoidance, Auto Self braking, Auto Parallel parking, and FSD etc etc....
Too many automotive "conveniences" have truly made a lot of people a punch of Unattentive and Careless drivers -txt/snapChatting, web borrowing, netflixing, video conferencing all in the comforts of a self-driving car..

What needs to happen is for the manufacturers to bring back the Manual shifter (with 12 speeds).. Even for electric vehicles!

That's the easiest way to make sure folks are actually paying Some attention while behind the wheel..
Instead of all these passive cameras and sensors monitoring IF the driver is actually 'driving'..

So peeps actually do buy into that crap huh? Google nest type of stuff? Never, I won't be locked out of my own house by a hacker,LOL. They call it smart home technology, not for me. To each their own brother.✌🍻
Cruise Control with Auto speed adjustment, Lane Change warning and Auto correct, pedestrian detection & Avoidance, Auto Self braking, Auto Parallel parking, and FSD etc etc....
Too many automotive "conveniences" have truly made a lot of people a punch of Unattentive and Careless drivers -txt/snapChatting, web borrowing, netflixing, video conferencing all in the comforts of a self-driving car..

What needs to happen is for the manufacturers to bring back the Manual shifter (with 12 speeds).. Even for electric vehicles!

That's the easiest way to make sure folks are actually paying Some attention while behind the wheel..
Instead of all these passive cameras and sensors monitoring IF the driver is actually 'driving'..
Yeah, a caveman can drive a modern day car, or a monkey..are we really going forward?🤔🤷‍♂️

So peeps actually do buy into that crap huh? Google nest type of stuff? Never, I won't be locked out of my own house by a hacker,LOL. They call it smart home technology, not for me. To each their own brother.✌🍻
Yeah! And I'll be dammed if someone hacked my Samsung fridge and stole my turkey and pies!

Ya know it's funny how things cycle if you will.. after someone mentioned the book 1984, I did an online search, read a little, watched the movie trailers. There is a part where they talk about "big brother" watching people through a two way television.. apparently when the movie was released in the 50's folks were all up in arms and paranoid about being watched in their own home..and here we are, in 2023 and people are voluntarily putting cameras up in and all around their own homes?!🤔🤪😜🤣🤣

I have a local system without big tech surveilance. Nothing with voice control as thats not smart, just an annoying button replacement. I've got rid of all power switches and replaced it all with code and advanced flows. My plants instead of dying of thirst now send me push a message when they need water.
I've not done anything with the locks. Still use a key for that except for the driveway gate. As for security, other than camera's i still rely most on my 3 big dogs. Doesn't need to be all tech...

People should stop driving at all. I love to drive most of the time, but there are too many fools on the road that i cant enjoy it as much anymore. Definately hate driving in traffic jams. But as long as we're not teleporting from a to b. Every step towards automated driving is a blessing...

Ya know it's funny how things cycle if you will.. after someone mentioned the book 1984, I did an online search, read a little, watched the movie trailers. There is a part where they talk about "big brother" watching people through a two way television.. apparently when the movie was released in the 50's folks were all up in arms and paranoid about being watched in their own home..and here we are, in 2023 and people are voluntarily putting cameras up in and all around their own homes?!🤔🤪😜🤣🤣
1984 should be mandatory read. The concept of 'doublespeak' is btw is much stronger than "the big brother" but thats another topic...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back