Mojave New Mojave EXB owner and some newbie questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey hey, welcome and cool choice for first rig. I just picked up a M-EXB myself and I am in love with the beast! Still waiting on a couple things to be 100% but it’ll be ready to rip in no time.

I’ll try and do my best to answer your questions..

1. Hobbywing max6 combo ??
A: it’s quite a bit bigger motor can and it will have quite a bit more power than the stock blx system. Explosive torque in comparison..
B: Short answer is yes, lots more torque and speed can be geared for.
C: I think the 4985 1650kv is perfect for this application and will be well suited??
D: yes I would as it’s always best to stay cool. It will allow you to have more gearing options without having to worry about heat. I think a lot of folks are using the Xmaxx heatsink on this motor.

2:esc mounting - yes you will need a plate to properly mount the esc. A lot of people use the stock esc plate cut the ridge down and then sticky tape and zip tie the esc. I’ve used this method but prefer a hard mounted solution. I like the Basherqueen mount as it’s a lightweight and I really like carbon fiber .. ? but like you mentioned there is also the m2c mount.

3: pinion choice really matters on driving style location and surface your running on. A good start would be 20t and go up from there if your temps are solid. Which they should be, especially if your running a heat sink and fan. I will be running a 22T and keeping close eye on temps. The stock motors on the RTR are 2050 kv and that’s why they come with that yellow card with warning. The max 6 combo is a 1650kv and requires bigger gearing to get the same speed.

4: servo choice - cheaper servos are just that.. they have a tendency to go out for no reason... I’ve been happy with my power hobby 729mbl. I’ve also been happy with my JX but know quite a few people have a problem with those as well ??‍♂️ I haven’t seen too many bad things said about the power hobby or agf servos.. I think with the Mojave tires not being to big you shouldn’t need a monster servo :)

hope this helps ??

1 extra question.... will it be able to wheelie with this combination???
Not needed all the time but always fun if he take the nose in the air ?

i got serious problems whit my new screen touch keyboard from china.
NEVER AGAIN.

sorry

Arrma Mojave EXB is one of the best RC Cars ever made if you ask me.

Super strong roller.

My personal best car ever.
Alot fun

This awsome roller can be what you dream

No limits

@Rcproponent stated he uses a 20T Pin. on the 4985 HW motor. The 16T may work. It just may not be tall enough though But running the Max6/4985 on 8S will need a bigger Pinion to spool up much like the stock ESC and 2050 kv motor on 6S. That EXB included "speed"pinion is really for a 6S RTR Mojo. setup.

Thanks a lot for that @SrC! I suspected the 20T would be skookum but can't ask enough dumb questions at this stage. :) I may go to an 18 given I don't care about top-end speed anyway.

^^^ The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. (y) (y):cool:

Is the hot racing motor mount strong enough to hold the weight of 1650kv motor,or exb mount? Have run a m2c mount with 4076 2000kv, but don't like plastic/nylon things,hold down screws losen,had uneven where on spur an pinion. (6s addicted) might have to run 4s. 1/7 custom arrma
0410201605_Film1.jpg

Is the hot racing motor mount strong enough to hold the weight of 1650kv motor,or exb mount? Have run a m2c mount with 4076 2000kv, but don't like plastic/nylon things,hold down screws losen,had uneven where on spur an pinion. (6s addicted) might have to run 4s. 1/7 custom arrma

https://practicalproto.com/

Hi Everyone - just got a Mojave EXB and have some questions. Sorry, I'm new to large scale RC - so please go easy ;)

1) Since I have to add electronics I was looking at putting in the Hobbywing Max 6 with Hobbywing 4985/1650KV.

a) How does this compare to the stock BLX ESC and stock motor on the non EXB Mojave?

b) Will I get more torque/speed with this setup?

c) Is there a better option than the Hobbywing motor to pair with the Max 6?

d) Do I need to use a heat sync/fan on the motor?

2) Will the Max 6 fit on the ESC mount supplied with the EXB or do I need to get something like the M2C ESC plate?

3) Is there info somewhere on how to determine what tooth pinion to use? My EXB came with a 16 tooth pinion with a yellow warning card stating to run "high speed gearing" on hard flat surfaces only and to not run off road. Ummm, what?? It's all a bit confusing to me..

4) How about servos? I know there are a ton out there. I was looking at Reefs - but not sure if I need/want to spend $100 on a high end one.. Any decent for about half the cost?

Thanks for any info you can help out with! Looking forward to bashing this beast!

Beat me to it.. @PPS-RC makes some awesome parts!
Witch spacer for pps mount ,4958 1650kv,25 or 30 mm spacing, expensive mount,need all parts.

The hot racing mount was designed for the old chassis in mind. It is just like the v3 mounts.. won’t accept it but the newer v4 mounts(along with the Pps mount in 25mm) will fit just fine.
I have custom 1/7 talion stretch thing going on withv2 talion an a mojave chassis pan. So i need all 3 parts of mount?ouch$

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back