Granite New Version Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
The 3S BLX trucks have been out a while now and I'm surprised there hasn't been a revision yet. What would you guys like seen done on a V2? Off the top of my head:

BLX120 or one of the new Spektrum Smart ESC's.

Aluminum center driveshaft

6S servo or equivalent.

Metal steering rack

4S slipper design

Adjustable motor mount

Center brace? (I don't break chassis bit it seems that it can be an issue and maybe the center brace from the 4S trucks would help.)

I know they technically have a newer version with the crappy radio and a different body, but I'm talking about real changes. I love my little 3S rigs but my biggest pet peeve is they handle like crap. Maybe metal pivot balls should be standard. Oh, and a better wheelie bar. Not a fan of the one that comes with it.

What do you guys think?

Sealed Bearings
Quicker TX/RX
12mm hex size
Improved shock seals

Not asking for much here, since keeping the price point low for the 3S line is pretty key. I'm not even mad that the stock tires are not great, I'd just like for it to be easier to upgrade to something readily available.

Sealed bearings, 4s wheel hubs/uprights, standard wheel hex size (this 14mm stuff is bs), separate shock tower assembly, and a shock that doesn't constantly leak. The rest I can live with upgrading on my own.

Sealed Bearings
Quicker TX/RX
12mm hex size
Improved shock seals

Not asking for much here, since keeping the price point low for the 3S line is pretty key. I'm not even mad that the stock tires are not great, I'd just like for it to be easier to upgrade to something readily available.
The whole idea is to upgrade you to the 6s line up at some point when you give up. Then to the 8S.

The 3S BLX trucks have been out a while now and I'm surprised there hasn't been a revision yet. What would you guys like seen done on a V2? Off the top of my head:

BLX120 or one of the new Spektrum Smart ESC's.

Aluminum center driveshaft

6S servo or equivalent.

Metal steering rack

4S slipper design

Adjustable motor mount

Center brace? (I don't break chassis bit it seems that it can be an issue and maybe the center brace from the 4S trucks would help.)

I know they technically have a newer version with the crappy radio and a different body, but I'm talking about real changes. I love my little 3S rigs but my biggest pet peeve is they handle like crap. Maybe metal pivot balls should be standard. Oh, and a better wheelie bar. Not a fan of the one that comes with it.

What do you guys think?
For me, the esc is it's weak point. If running stock tires, the servo is alright, and I haven't changed a pinion cause I really like the way it runs stock. They pretty much got the Granite BLX right, right out of the box. 2nd favorite Arrma, quickly gaining on the Noto

For me, the esc is it's weak point. If running stock tires, the servo is alright, and I haven't changed a pinion cause I really like the way it runs stock. They pretty much got the Granite BLX right, right out of the box. 2nd favorite Arrma, quickly gaining on the Noto
Time to step up your game to the real mans stuff.

???

Time to step up your game to the real mans stuff.
???
Infraction/Limitless killer ready to roll sparky??
20191213_124331.jpg

The leaky shocks definitely need to be addressed. Can't believe I forgot those ?

Bearings aren't specific to the 3S line so I didn't include those. I'd like to hear from the guys that bash and break these all the time. What else would you like to see?

The leaky shocks definitely need to be addressed. Can't believe I forgot those ?
Honestly I can live with everything as it with the exception of adding an optional metal shock upgrade kit specifically for the 3s cars from factory. That way we wouldn't have to adapt shocks from other brands/models.

Want a list I’ll give you a list (not in any particular order)

- Fix the leaky shocks
- seal the slipper housing
- change the motor to a one with bearing that actually hold
- slightly longer shocks
- droop screws, to avoid stripping the shock rod ends
- body support brace like they have on the 6s/8s, which will also replace the flimsy center driveshaft bearing support part
- option for center diff
- rotate the servo like on the 8s so it won’t get jammed by rocks
- metal pivot balls
- fix the Senton front bumper
- vented tires from the factory

New shocks design and most all the stuff in the op. My biggest break was the shock tower / diff case. Otherwise the trucks are fun but handle weird for me too. I just chalked it up to being so much lighter than the 6s trucks I usually drive. If they made some improvements on the
Bearings I bet they'll always keep cheap and I enjoy switching mine out to rubber shielded.
I don't know about a t2t brace for me...would have to be a design that I trust. haven't looked close at how they did the 4s one.
I don't enjoy messing with a slipper clutch but haven't had to on Arrma trucks yet.
Adjustable motor mount is essential.
Definitely nervous about the blx100 esc with the latest batch. I think a 120 would be a fix but I'd still only run on 3s. 4s is too fast for that weight model imo.

I'm a little surprised they didn't update this truck by now, I thought the 3S line would follow the 6S line with a v2/3/4, but that didn't happen. I don't blame them, the 3S line is pretty darn good still.

Sealed transmission case
Redesigned steering rack so rocks don't jam it up
12mm hexes
Better tolerances on the motor mount holes
Sealed bearings
Better radio

Truck handles great, no complaints.

I'm a little surprised they didn't update this truck by now, I thought the 3S line would follow the 6S line with a v2/3/4, but that didn't happen. I don't blame them, the 3S line is pretty darn good still.

Sealed transmission case
Redesigned steering rack so rocks don't jam it up
12mm hexes
Better tolerances on the motor mount holes
Sealed bearings
Better radio

Truck handles great, no complaints.
In stock configuration I wouldn't use the word "great" to describe the handling but what do I know ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back