No 3s in the UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Anybody else heard this, just read a post on fb from hardccore rc saying there is a problem with them.??

Screenshot_20210822_101341.jpg

What could the recall be, cancer causing rubber, radio active plastic? Sounds far fetched to me.

Woah! Is there actually asbestos? I thought asbestos was only used for insulation. I hope that’s false.
I'd imagine even if there were asbestos in the gaskets I'd say it would be so low you could probably eat 20-30 packets before it did you any harm 😉🤣🤣🤣

P.S. please don't eat gaskets 🤣🤣🤣

Woah! Is there actually asbestos? I thought asbestos was only used for insulation. I hope that’s false.
Asbestos has a TON of uses, not just insulation. It is still regularly imported to the US for industrial and commercial products, it just has to be declared and used for that specific case. Due to the side effects, however, there are special licensing and handling certifications that surround the use of Asbestos.

I think the whole thing was a hoax, I can’t find anything about a recall.

Unfortunately if this is the case ARRMA's going to be needing to raise prices a lot higher than they did to just stay afloat. Going to be interesting to see what happens to the brand over the next few months but doesn't look very good.

About three weeks ago, the owner at my lhs said that new 3s and Mega line wouldn't be available til fall. He said that Horizon told him it was due to incorrect labeling or something along those lines. I thought he was just trying to get rid of inventory, but now seeing this I wonder if there's more to the story. I've searched Reach, Horizon Hobby and used any keywords I could to see if there was a way to prove it, but no luck thus far. Might be something that hobby store owners and distributors know but aren't allowed to share, hence the story about the labeling. 🤷‍♂️

HardcoreRC are cool guys and I enjoy there channel but the whole R.E.A.C.H thing sounds like over regulated UK uncovering an issue that isn't really an issue.

Asbestos basically has to be ground up and inhaled in a fibrous form to be harmful. If it's part of a diff gasket the likelihood of it becoming fibrous is zero to none. Asbestos is bad but REACH
is doing a reach-around here when no one wants one.

Thankfully it's only the UK that is impacted by REACH and it's wondering hand 🤪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back