No more messing around....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For now, I just ordered something I've been wanting for a while to tie me over until I decide on a new big rig. 😉
Screenshot_20240307_083720_Edge.jpg

So, change of plans. A little experiment last night confirmed why purchasing this truck would be a terrible idea for me.

The truck weighs 80+ pounds. I am not a small feller by any means, and I know that I can easily lift that weight. But... I live in a 3rd floor apartment, with a fairly narrow stairwell. To see roughly how it would be to take that beast out, I grabbed the DBXLE and the Kraton 8s, which still doesn't weigh as much as the Raminator, carried them outside and back up to the apartment. It was difficult, but doable. But then I realized how massive and awkward the Raminator would be up the stairwell in addition to the weight. I'd rarely run the thing just for that reason. Maybe I'll look at a Vekta or a Vesla instead. 🥺

I don't blame you.. that's why I had mentioned the weight.. it's a real pita to move them things around.. you truly need two people, it's awkward as hell to pick up without 2 people..

Dude I know jams his in a Honda fit! Has ramps to get it in there when nobody is around.. let me just say, that damn thing takes up the whole tiny car.. it's crazy.. 🤣

Btw, he has 2 of them.. one electric, one gas.. let's just say the electric gets far more use.. 👍

I've worked on those things way more than I'd like to.. beautiful machining though..

I don't blame you.. that's why I had mentioned the weight.. it's a real pita to move them things around.. you truly need two people, it's awkward as hell to pick up without 2 people..

Dude I know jams his in a Honda fit! Has ramps to get it in there when nobody is around.. let me just say, that damn thing takes up the whole tiny car.. it's crazy.. 🤣

Btw, he has 2 of them.. one electric, one gas.. let's just say the electric gets far more use.. 👍

I've worked on those things way more than I'd like to.. beautiful machining though..
That's funny right there.. the biggest rc on the market stuffed into the back of one of the smallest sub compacts on the market!😂
Hey, I might be able to stuff 2 Raminators in my xB?🤔🤷‍♂️
Let's see, $3k worth of 1:1 daily driver to haul $8k worth of rc's..oh yeah!! I'd definitely do it if I could!!😉😂🍻

That's funny right there.. the biggest rc on the market stuffed into the back of one of the smallest sub compacts on the market!😂
Hey, I might be able to stuff 2 Raminators in my xB?🤔🤷‍♂️
Let's see, $3k worth of 1:1 daily driver to haul $8k worth of rc's..oh yeah!! I'd definitely do it if I could!!😉😂🍻
I know two raminators can fit in a toaster, I used to have one lol. They're way bigger on the inside than they look lol. Plus, you more than triple the value of your ride!

How’s the durability?

It's honestly subjective to the way it's driven.. I've seen parts smash off that thing several times.. typically when doing something completely stupid like bmx track, or trying to backflip the damn thing.. snapping fasteners off all over the place..

it's biggest problem for him is when they are gas powered.. Solid mounted engine vibrates everything apart.. loctite is very much needed.. loose fasteners in the suspension of a 80+ lb rig, smokes aluminum threaded bores.. part's are not cheap..

Factory servo's were burning up, had to spend big on good one's..

Basically it rarely comes back to the car operational..

It's still cool to watch.. and it was fun to do one of those cag 49's..👍

Considering no posts were made I can only assume you decided to skip on this big guy for now.
Yeah, there are logistics issues with my current apartment. Carrying that thing up the steps every time would be a major problem.

Back