Big Rock Nose diving big rock 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leakywellie

Reaction score
Just tried my new arrma Big Rock 6s and have the dreaded nose dive. It's not a huge problem for me but at the price the truck cost it should be working 100%. Have sent an email to horizon hobby so now I'm waiting for a reply.

I've seen the videos but not sure if horizon have determined if it is a defective batch of esc's or if it's a firmware issue?
Lets hope I don't have to lay out more money to buy a programmer if it is a firmware issue. That would really annoy me.

I've seen the videos but not sure if horizon have determined if it is a defective batch of esc's or if it's a firmware issue?
Lets hope I don't have to lay out more money to buy a programmer if it is a firmware issue. That would really annoy me.
At the very least, HH should send owners a programming card. I have a Hobbywing one but don’t know if it’s compatible. Either way, I ditched the stock motor and esc for a Max6 and 1650kv combo.

Anyone confirm if it's a defect or was planned? To me it sounds like the ESC drag brake is turned on to a certain degree. Loss of signal, ESC to bring the rig to a stop?

Not sure if the setting is unlocked for the users to change though.

I had an esc long ago with a selectable drag brake setting. Can't recall which one though 🤔

Anyone confirm if it's a defect or was planned? To me it sounds like the ESC drag brake is turned on to a certain degree. Loss of signal, ESC to bring the rig to a stop?

Not sure if the setting is unlocked for the users to change though.

I had an esc long ago with a selectable drag brake setting. Can't recall which one though 🤔
I think it's a defect. Here's a pretty good video about what exactly is happening..

Last edited:
I have already received a reply from customer service at horizon hobby. They say they are aware of the problem and are working on a resolution. They requested my full name and shipping address, proof of purchase and any pics I have of the problem.
Now it's sit back and wait time.

I guess I can be glad that my Mojave 6S didn't came with the new electronics unlike the one @CosmoM3 bought.

Why can't they just directly rebrand the hobbywing. By messing with it on the V1 and now the V2 model they have managed to make a HW, one of the most reliable ESC's that money can buy, un-reliable :confused:.

I think it is pretty obvious at this point that whoever Horizon Hobby has modifying the Hobbywing 8BL150 firmware has no idea what the hell they are doing and they should just leave the firmware alone.

I think it is pretty obvious at this point that whoever Horizon Hobby has modifying the Hobbywing 8BL150 firmware has no idea what the hell they are doing and they should just leave the firmware alone.
I hope they figure it out soon👍.

I like the Firma 150, the Torox 185 is just nutty (good). 😆

Was hoping the V2 would be similar to the Torox 185.

I hope they figure it out soon👍.

I like the Firma 150, the Torox 185 is just nutty (good). 😆

Was hoping the V2 would be similar to the Torox 185.

The Firma 150 will never be anything like the Torox. It's like asking the LT1 to be like the LS1.

What do you like about the Torox over a stock hobbywing? Never had a Torox.

He is just saying that the BLX185 "torox" was unsullied haha. So no difference over the hobbywing. I still have 4 of those blx185s. I have killed one but it took years. I have 3 spektrum 150s dead within 2 months.

Edit: Adding to that obviously i'd preffer to have the hobbywing as it works with my program box I like, but thats the only advantage for me.

Last edited:
So far my Torox 185 has been nice, it feels punchier than the Firma 150, almost like Hobbywing souped it up for Team Corally but kept its reliability. Other forum users have said it packs more power than their Max8's.

Bit of a random question here, but since we're talking about ESCs....I know the BLX185 is an older ESC, but is it comparable to the Torox 185 (they both have 185 in the product name so I figured I'd ask). Also, is a BLX185 more reliable/durable than the Firma 150?

Bit of a random question here, but since we're talking about ESCs....I know the BLX185 is an older ESC, but is it comparable to the Torox 185 (they both have 185 in the product name so I figured I'd ask). Also, is a BLX185 more reliable/durable than the Firma 150?

No the BLX185 is just a rebranded 8BL150 esc with neutered down firmware. The Torox is a just a rebranded Max8. IMHO yes the BLX185 is more reliable than the Firma150a. I can count on one hand how many BLX185 fires I have seen but I have lost count of the Firma150s, I've literally only used my Firma esc twice because I am afraid it will start on fire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back