Big Rock Nose diving big rock 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After their second email telling me to send in the esc I asked them to send me a prepaid shipping label. It would have been 5pm in illinois by then so no doubt the service guy chris was done for the day. I expect to get a reply from them when they open for business wednesday..
MY truck has only literally run 17 minutes in total so this is not a well used or abused unit and they need to pay up.

There ya go..two different customers, two different replies. One is offered to be programmed FOC at an LHS, the other is not..
Pretty $hitty if you ask me. I mean the programmer is $30 our cost, what's HH cost? $10 maybe? How much are they gonna reimburse a LHS? Likely at least .5 hour labor. So, they could easily give the option of a free programmer for nearly the same cost or less as paying the LHS. Poopy.
After their second email telling me to send in the esc I asked them to send me a prepaid shipping label. It would have been 5pm in illinois by then so no doubt the service guy chris was done for the day. I expect to get a reply from them when they open for business wednesday..
MY truck has only literally run 17 minutes in total so this is not a well used or abused unit and they need to pay up.
Give em some push back..see where goes. Ask for a supervisor or manager. Worst they can say is no. At least they'll know folks aren't satisfied with what they're doing. Enough push back might change their minds.

I got the impression horizon was not going to pay any lhs shop to fix the update problem. They wanted me to use my goodwill at my lhs to get them to do repair work for horizon free of charge.

I got the impression horizon was not going to pay any lhs shop to fix the update problem. They wanted me to use my goodwill at my lhs to get them to do repair work for horizon free of charge.
Well, I definitely don't see that happening unless you bought it there. My local Hobbytown sucked azz. No way they'd do anything for free. Glad they went under. I understand the glitch on HH's part, happens all the time in many products. What I don't get is them expecting customers to spend potentially hours of travelling and waitng at a hobby shop for the fix. That's not even considering paying for the fix.. no way. They should cover the programming at any authorized seller, or send out the programmers, or perhaps a postage paid programming/exchange.

Wow, sounds like this is going to be one big cluster fu...
Maybe, I sure hope not for y'all's sake. What I do know is back when, I had a O8S exb roller on b/o through Amain. After a couple weeks I started getting itchy, so reached out to Amain, yup, they're on order, no ETA at this time..a week later, I go on HH site and have a chat, no, they're discontinued, site hasn't been updated yet.. a week later, Arrma RC site chat, yeah, they're on order.. so, my point is, just cuz that's what you've been told today, doesn't mean it won't change tomorrow, LOL. Keep pushing I say!! Oh, BTW, I cancelled my O8S, a week later Amain marked them as discontinued..but HH and Arrma RC still had not..🤷‍♂️🤪
Hey, come to think of it, these are defective units, maybe just tell HH you want to return the whole rig for a refund? See if that doesn't change their tune?

Maybe, I sure hope not for y'all's sake. What I do know is back when, I had a O8S exb roller on b/o through Amain. After a couple weeks I started getting itchy, so reached out to Amain, yup, they're on order, no ETA at this time..a week later, I go on HH site and have a chat, no, they're discontinued, site hasn't been updated yet.. a week later, Arrma RC site chat, yeah, they're on order.. so, my point is, just cuz that's what you've been told today, doesn't mean it won't change tomorrow, LOL. Keep pushing I say!! Oh, BTW, I cancelled my O8S, a week later Amain marked them as discontinued..but HH and Arrma RC still had not..🤷‍♂️🤪
Hey, come to think of it, these are defective units, maybe just tell HH you want to return the whole rig for a refund? See if that doesn't change their tune?
Been meaning to ask you whatever happened to that O8 you ordered 🤣 Well now I know. Not sure if the K8 you just got satisfied the itch, but they have some fairly decent prices on used O8 rollers on fleabay.

Been meaning to ask you whatever happened to that O8 you ordered 🤣 Well now I know. Not sure if the K8 you just got satisfied the itch, but they have some fairly decent prices on used O8 rollers on fleabay.
Yes and no, LOL. The truck is good, but I wish I had gotten the roller. Alternate servo mount, spur gear, motor plate for 56mm, sway bars..that stuff adds up. Not as concerned about the 7075 chassis for my use but those other parts sting when you have to buy them. @Matt05 , you were right for sure!!😉🍻

Hum check it out. Says they fixed the brake dive issue

Screenshot_20231212_184140_Instagram.jpg

Seems to me that HH should have a legal obligation to either repair/replace/reprogram the esc FOC, or send out the programming box FOC?
Forcing end users to buy the programming box doesn't sound right, maybe even illegal? Not sure, not a lawyer.
I've had great success with rebranded HW esc's from HH (BLX), Hobao, Redcat, Team Corally and others..but I just acquired my first Firma esc's. Two, a v1 and a v2 Firma 160. The v2 offers more options I believe?
The rebranded 08BL150 units only offer 5 programmable options IIRC. The HW version has more. The TC Torox is fully programmable.
I use an old Turnigy branded HW programming card on all of them. Can't perform any updates though.

This right here^ not saying that it needs to happen but this is grounds for a class action lawsuit. They fiddlesticked up and should recall the escs.

This right here^ not saying that it needs to happen but this is grounds for a class action lawsuit. They fiddlesticked up and should recall the escs.
Redcat sending out all those parts to fix the early Machetes probably cost the same per customer in parts & materials (if not more), as it would for HH to send out that little $29.99 programming box. I think that's the least they could do...but the only problem with that is not everyone has access to a computer.

Last edited:
Yes and no, LOL. The truck is good, but I wish I had gotten the roller. Alternate servo mount, spur gear, motor plate for 56mm, sway bars..that stuff adds up. Not as concerned about the 7075 chassis for my use but those other parts sting when you have to buy them. @Matt05 , you were right for sure!!😉🍻

Doesn’t always feel good to be right. But we’ve all had those times where we saw a good price and jumped before we completely thought it over. I’m sure you’ll be happy with it, it’ll just give you more to tinker on.

I contacted HH. They asked that I send it the ESC in for repair. I asked who will be paying for the shipping as my BR is only 3 weeks old. They replied that my other option is to install the soon-to-be-released update with the use of a programming box. So I asked who will pay for the programming box as I don’t own one.

Emails went dead after that.
Not surprised. Never HH told me to ship back anything here in canada.

I found an extra screw in my Fireteam. It just fell out from somewhere when I was checking it over. It was an M2.5 screw too boot but nothing that goes to any of the 6s models.

My opinion on the truck. And yes, I updated my firmware!

My opinion on the truck. And yes, I updated my firmware!

Nice video, can't wait to see your review on the new K6EXB! Did you find out what happened to your front drive?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back