Not a good start to the year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully he isn't. But, that's still not an excuse, no matter how many times people try to use it as one. If he's sick he can still communicate with customers. If he's so sick that he can't, someone else should have by now. Another basic part of running a business. My wife knows what to do if I suddenly am unable to run my business and she knows how to find and contact my customers. She knows how to shut the business down and refund any incomplete jobs if I suddenly die. It's all basic fundamentals of owning a business.

Maybe he hasn't got a wife or partner to take care of things if he's sick or whatever.

There's always more that can be done, but what's really practical for a one man business? What's your contingency plan if you and your wife are both incapacitated? Do you avoid travelling together to avoid an accident disrupting your business ? Do you isolate from each other in case you are both hospitalised with Covid?

The point is the guy specifically makes the effort to respond in 48 hours and puts that on his site. If he isn't doing so then clearly something is up. Nothing here about being politically correct or any of that. Can't plan for everything, that's impossible
And my point is, if you tell your customers something, you stick to it. I tell my customers that they will receive a same-day response from me M-F. If for some reason I am physically unable to respond to customers, due to illness or other circumstances, my website, email and voicemail are updated by either myself or my wife, and she will actively reach out to customers with active service orders or contracts. If something happens to both of us at the same time, my dad does it until my kids are old enough to. Worst-case scenario, there might be a day or two lapse, but no more. You can't plan for everything, but you can plan for almost anything.

Alright fellas..
Let's all take a deep breath.

I think the main reason for this thread was to try and reach out to that business owner, to see the current progress of an order.

Let's not derail it and go off on anybody here..
Can we start the New Year off with a bit more cheer.. Let's all have a beer and be chill with one another.

Maybe he hasn't got a wife or partner to take care of things if he's sick or whatever.

There's always more that can be done, but what's really practical for a one man business? What's your contingency plan if you and your wife are both incapacitated? Do you avoid travelling together to avoid an accident disrupting your business ? Do you isolate from each other in case you are both hospitalised with Covid?
If we travel together, the business is closed and people are notified. If something happens to both of us, my father steps in. If we're all taken out, it would fall to my attorney. Disruptions have and will happen...I don't go out of my way to avoid disruptions, I go out of my way to avoid leaving my customers in the dark.

And my point is, if you tell your customers something, you stick to it. I tell my customers that they will receive a same-day response from me M-F. If for some reason I am physically unable to respond to customers, due to illness or other circumstances, my website, email and voicemail are updated by either myself or my wife, and she will actively reach out to customers with active service orders or contracts. If something happens to both of us at the same time, my dad does it until my kids are old enough to. Worst-case scenario, there might be a day or two lapse, but no more. You can't plan for everything, but you can plan for almost anything.
You're perfect buddy 🤘 no one can compete.

Alright fellas..
Let's all take a deep breath.

I think the main reason for this thread was to try and reach out to that business owner, to see the current progress of an order.

Let's not derail it and go off on anybody here..
Can we start the New Year off with a bit more cheer.. Let's all have a beer and be chill with one another.

I think we're all chill. People can have a conversation and disagree about something without getting out of hand.
Now you're getting it.

Update.

Screenshot_20220109-125533_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-125908_One UI Home.jpg

Thanks for the update.

Obviously, something bad happened on his end..
Prayers to him and to a quick recovery.

Yeah I'm in the exact same boat. So something must be going on, you never know these days what could be going on, I would say cut him some slack and give it until next week anyways. Seems like a dedicated person so it's gatta be something really stopping him
Maybe he got micron. :rolleyes:He is solo.
Did you try a PM to him here??
He is an AF PPS Vendor, I believe....

Disregard the above....... Got it.:)

⬆️ Right there. So many people do not have the ability to understand the complexity of a situation unless they have actually been in it. A complete lack of empathy. To damn perfect to make mistakes (in their own mind alone) so they expect everybody to be the same.

It must be frustrating to be perfect. Never being able to be happy because no one can live up to your ‘proper’ expectations. To feel the need to air it out on a public forum with intensity in attempt to sway others towards the same view point. Misery loves company 🙄

⬆️ Right there. So many people do not have the ability to understand the complexity of a situation unless they have actually been in it. A complete lack of empathy. To damn perfect to make mistakes (in their own mind alone) so they expect everybody to be the same.

It must be frustrating to be perfect. Never being able to be happy because no one can live up to your ‘proper’ expectations. To feel the need to air it out on a public forum with intensity in attempt to sway others towards the same view point. Misery loves company 🙄
Emotions can cause people to shoot from the hip instead of taking proper aim. I am known to spray and pray instead of taking one good shot.
Deep breaths. I know I should practice what I preach and believe me I have gotten a whole lot better...the young Nate was an ass! :p

Seems like this was all a little jumping the gun. We can all move on now and send good vibes to @PPS-RC for a speedy recovery. :)

lol, it's got nothing to do with being perfect or miserable, or with emotions. I choose to grow from my mistakes and failures, and I want and expect others to do the same, because I believe that's what human beings should do. If I see mistakes being made, I say something, because I value truth over virtue-signaling and feelings, and I believe censorship, whether self-inflicted or forced, is a big reason why our societies are becoming so spineless. It's not out of malice, it's out of my belief that people should face hard truths and strive to be/do better. If some don't like it, so be it...they're often the ones who need to hear it more than anyone. I'm willing to bet I understand the situation more than most because I've been in a very similar one...I started a lawn care business in my youth and it failed because I didn't prioritize correctly and made many mistakes, one of which was pretty much to the letter the exact one made here, and it caused me to lose existing customers and made it harder to attract new ones. But, it helped teach me the lessons that I needed to build a rapidly growing and successful business out of a side-hussle now, so of course I'm going to say something if I see someone making those same mistakes. In this case, we all know what we do when we're sick and can't go about our normal routine...we play around on our phones, computer, Internet, etc...unless a person is in a coma, I still see no reason a quick update couldn't have been made, as it's easier now more than it ever has been. As far as "airing it out," I just don't subscribe to the "keep quiet unless they agree with you" mentality. Am I always right? Well, of course I believe I am, because I don't say things that I don't believe, and I don't say things that I haven't already put forethought into...I should hope we all think we're "right." That's the exact reason why I like trying to have discussions with people who disagree. It's not so I can force my beliefs onto others, it's actually the exact opposite...for perspective, and so my opinions and beliefs can evolve and don't become "stuck in the mud." Admittedly, it often takes some convincing for me to change my mind, but that's because my opinions and beliefs are heavily rooted in personal experience and values, so it takes more than "that's not very nice" to make me re-evaluate my point-of-view. Sometimes I think I just forget how easily and quickly people run out of words and become incapable of voicing disagreement without resorting to childish personal attacks and name-calling, at which point the conversation hits a dead-end.

lol, it's got nothing to do with being perfect or miserable, or with emotions. I choose to grow from my mistakes and failures, and I want and expect others to do the same, because I believe that's what human beings should do. If I see mistakes being made, I say something, because I value truth over virtue-signaling and feelings, and I believe censorship, whether self-inflicted or forced, is a big reason why our societies are becoming so spineless. It's not out of malice, it's out of my belief that people should face hard truths and strive to be/do better. If some don't like it, so be it...they're often the ones who need to hear it more than anyone. I'm willing to bet I understand the situation more than most because I've been in a very similar one...I started a lawn care business in my youth and it failed because I didn't prioritize correctly and made many mistakes, one of which was pretty much to the letter the exact one made here, and it caused me to lose existing customers and made it harder to attract new ones. But, it helped teach me the lessons that I needed to build a rapidly growing and successful business out of a side-hussle now, so of course I'm going to say something if I see someone making those same mistakes. In this case, we all know what we do when we're sick and can't go about our normal routine...we play around on our phones, computer, Internet, etc...unless a person is in a coma, I still see no reason a quick update couldn't have been made, as it's easier now more than it ever has been. As far as "airing it out," I just don't subscribe to the "keep quiet unless they agree with you" mentality. Am I always right? Well, of course I believe I am, because I don't say things that I don't believe, and I don't say things that I haven't already put forethought into...I should hope we all think we're "right." That's the exact reason why I like trying to have discussions with people who disagree. It's not so I can force my beliefs onto others, it's actually the exact opposite...for perspective, and so my opinions and beliefs can evolve and don't become "stuck in the mud." Admittedly, it often takes some convincing for me to change my mind, but that's because my opinions and beliefs are heavily rooted in personal experience and values, so it takes more than "that's not very nice" to make me re-evaluate my point-of-view. Sometimes I think I just forget how easily and quickly people run out of words and become incapable of voicing disagreement without resorting to childish personal attacks and name-calling, at which point the conversation hits a dead-end.
Ok just playing 'ref' so if anyone feels the need to tell me to STFU do it I wont get butt hurt.

@grihn, though I understand what you mean and the frustrations you had with this situation, I think its fair to say everyone understands it...I know I do.
Now the problem if it even was one came from the fact that people personally knows the character of the person who was M.I.A. and tried to comfort you by assuring you there must be a reason for the issue.
I get that it may not have been enough for you as it's your $ and you are the customer but you have to admit that this is a bit more tight nit community than lets say an order from a large brand name company who has people do take care of emails and such cust. service issues.

I kinda jumped in when my man @Velodromed spoke his mind (which I apologize for @Velodromed for "cutting you off") as to try to calm the flames as I 100% agreed with him but was just trying to have everyone take a step back as he did for me just the other day when I was getting frustrated with an issue.

I think you posting the msg between you and the vendor shows that you accepted the reason and though I don't know you personally feel that you understood and accepted the reason for the order delay.

Ok everyone bring on the STFU's and maybe we can all chill after. 🤪

Again my man @Velodromed thank you for keeping me in check the other day and thats all I was hoping to return to you in this case so you don't get as worked up as I did that other day🙏

-Nate

****sorry @grihn I meant your thoughts on it not that you was in it*********

Ok just playing 'ref' so if anyone feels the need to tell me to STFU do it I wont get butt hurt.

@grihn, though I understand what you mean and the frustrations you had with this situation, I think its fair to say everyone understands it...I know I do.
Now the problem if it even was one came from the fact that people personally knows the character of the person who was M.I.A. and tried to comfort you by assuring you there must be a reason for the issue.
I get that it may not have been enough for you as it's your $ and you are the customer but you have to admit that this is a bit more tight nit community than lets say an order from a large brand name company who has people do take care of emails and such cust. service issues.

I kinda jumped in when my man @Velodromed spoke his mind (which I apologize for @Velodromed for "cutting you off") as to try to calm the flames as I 100% agreed with him but was just trying to have everyone take a step back as he did for me just the other day when I was getting frustrated with an issue.

I think you posting the msg between you and the vendor shows that you accepted the reason and though I don't know you personally feel that you understood and accepted the reason for the order delay.

Again my man @Velodromed thank you for keeping me in check the other day and thats all I was hoping to return to you in this case so you don't get as worked up as I did that other day🙏

-Nate
I don’t remember what I said but you are very welcome!

On this issue I spoke my mind and then decided to tune out. Can only take so much whining lol. poop happens, it’s called life. I deal with a lot of it and I understand the need to vent, but entitled whining irritates me. If you have an issue with something go ahead and mention it. Relieve the stress. But to go on and on and on like it’s a heart monitor for your elderly mom that wasn’t provided in time just…ugh! And there’s been a lot of it lately. But yeah I’m done with that.

I don’t remember what I said but you are very welcome!

On this issue I spoke my mind and then decided to tune out. Can only take so much whining lol. poop happens, it’s called life. I deal with a lot of it and I understand the need to vent, but entitled whining irritates me. If you have an issue with something go ahead and mention it. Relieve the stress. But to go on and on and on like it’s a heart monitor for your elderly mom that wasn’t provided in time just…ugh! And there’s been a lot of it lately. But yeah I’m done with that.
You have a lot going on and yes you don't need that extra stuff.
To help out a fellow member and not even remember says a lot about you! :)

The OP @Mazduh3 and the feeling it brought out of @grihn to me is understandable but for me anyway the reassurance of fellow members should have helped ease the feelings of a bad vendor....but thats just me.

-Nate
Appreciate the insight, but just to be clear, I'm a 3rd party with nothing "invested" into this matter. This wasn't my thread, I didn't start it, nor did I order anything from the seller. I simply stated my opinion on how I believe a business should properly handle situations, tried to explain my opinion when people responded to me, and I still stand by it. Admittedly things got derailed further than I would have expected, but I wasn't the one launching personal attacks or insults. I wasn't questioning the character or ethics of the business owner, because I don't know him; I was stating, and still believe, that the situation was not handled properly on the business side of things. Most don't agree with me, and that's perfectly fine. But you are right, it is a tighter-knit community, and because of that I think some took my opinion personally, some got defensive, and most just think I'm heartless because of my viewpoint that there are very few situations where communication blackouts between a business and their customers is excusable, no matter the size of the operation. Nobody's disagreement of that bothers me, and I didn't/don't take anything personally, and don't think more or less of anyone in this thread for voicing their thoughts, even though quite a few resorted to the same tactics that children use. I've been chill the whole time and will continue to be.

Appreciate the insight, but just to be clear, I'm a 3rd party with nothing "invested" into this matter. This wasn't my thread, I didn't start it, nor did I order anything from the seller. I simply stated my opinion on how I believe a business should properly handle situations, tried to explain my opinion when people responded to me, and I still stand by it. Admittedly things got derailed further than I would have expected, but I wasn't the one launching personal attacks or insults. I wasn't questioning the character or ethics of the business owner, because I don't know him; I was stating, and still believe, that the situation was not handled properly on the business side of things. Most don't agree with me, and that's perfectly fine. But you are right, it is a tighter-knit community, and because of that I think some took my opinion personally, some got defensive, and most just think I'm heartless because of my viewpoint that there are very few situations where communication blackouts between a business and their customers is excusable, no matter the size of the operation. Nobody's disagreement of that bothers me, and I didn't/don't take anything personally, and don't think more or less of anyone in this thread for voicing their thoughts, even though quite a few resorted to the same tactics that children use. I've been chill the whole time and will continue to be.
I edited my reply as I got into what I was typing and blended you into the OP's post. My apologies for that.

I edited my reply as I got into what I was typing and blended you into the OP's post. My apologies for that.
No worries...I apologize if anyone took my opinion as a personal attack against the vendor, but I don't apologize for stating my point-of-view.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back