Something new in the works.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
I figured I'd drop an ArrmaForum exclusive teaser here. This is the most requested part by far, and after much work... I'm closing in on the DubGrub motor mount!

Still ironing out some bugs, but for those who aren't satisfied with one motor... now you'll be able to mount two on screw adjustable sliders!

20211106_100816.jpg

And yes, that's dual Castle 2028's sitting in there.

This mount is the whole reason I updated the single mount in the first place. The grublock has proven to be a more robust adjuster assembly, and that's exactly what I needed to feel confident in a dual motor mount design.

Again, this is still in the works but I'll update with pricing and a link when I'm ready to start preorders.

Could do a motor holder? A ring that goes around the back of the motor to stop the motor from moving in the car?
It's unfortunately not that simple. I had toyed with the idea, but with the amount of different motors out there that's just one issue. With the amount of different mounts out there, they place the motors at different heights, needing different rings. Then there are different motor lengths, and they would require their own brackets. Then the last issue is that the motor moves on an angle. So depending on your gearing, it will change the motor height off the chassis. It could be possible, but generally there is just too much variation in everyone's setups to make a universal design that I like.

I do have an idea that I really wanted to develop but It's a bit out of my realm of manufacturing capabilities. Maybe one day!

It's unfortunately not that simple. I had toyed with the idea, but with the amount of different motors out there that's just one issue. With the amount of different mounts out there, they place the motors at different heights, needing different rings. Then there are different motor lengths, and they would require their own brackets. Then the last issue is that the motor moves on an angle. So depending on your gearing, it will change the motor height off the chassis. It could be possible, but generally there is just too much variation in everyone's setups to make a universal design that I like.

I do have an idea that I really wanted to develop but It's a bit out of my realm of manufacturing capabilities. Maybe one day!

Definitely out of my league but maybe a universal clamp or a couple different sizes and the same grublock type of thing that would screw down onto the chassis just enough for support....? I feel stupid telling an artist my thoughts on painting but....🤷‍♂️:whistle:

Definitely out of my league but maybe a universal clamp or a couple different sizes and the same grublock type of thing that would screw down onto the chassis just enough for support....? I feel stupid telling an artist my thoughts on painting but....🤷‍♂️:whistle:
Re-read what he posted. It wouldn't be practical. If you have a PPS mount you know how it works when you adjust it . The motor moves at an angle as you adjust it in or out which raises or lowers the height of the motor when you move it in or out . You can't account for the height change when you change pinion gears and adjust for the gear mesh.

I figured I'd drop an ArrmaForum exclusive teaser here. This is the most requested part by far, and after much work... I'm closing in on the DubGrub motor mount!

Still ironing out some bugs, but for those who aren't satisfied with one motor... now you'll be able to mount two on screw adjustable sliders!

View attachment 178939

This mount is the whole reason I updated the single mount in the first place. The grublock has proven to be a more robust adjuster assembly, and that's exactly what I needed to feel confident in a dual motor mount design.

Again, this is still in the works but I'll update with pricing and a link when I'm ready to start preorders.
Wow!! That’s thinking outside the box 100%😎

Last edited:
Re-read what he posted. It wouldn't be practical. If you have a PPS mount you know how it works when you adjust it . The motor moves at an angle as you adjust it in or out which raises or lowers the height of the motor when you move it in or out . You can't account for the height change when you change pinion gears and adjust for the gear mesh.
A screw moves up and down depending on which way you turn it.
bolt GIF

Its just ideas...not trying to play engineer or anything.

I guess sadly I am an engineer in real life.
I won’t hold that against you. 😂
Twin 1721’s 🤔
After further thought.. I’d have to build a trailer to haul the batteries.

Last edited:

View attachment 178939

WELL DONE !!!! WOW.....
I have a Hosim 9125 that sports (2) 390 brushed motors...... not a big deal, kinda junky toy grade, just unusual for having 2 motors. In comparison, mine is a tonka toy compared to your Mack truck design. You have made quite a few minds going into overdrive thinking how to put this in their rig, for sure !!
Just think....geared right....16S........350mph....:devilish:o_O(y)

WELL DONE !!!! WOW.....
I have a Hosim 9125 that sports (2) 390 brushed motors...... not a big deal, kinda junky toy grade, just unusual for having 2 motors. In comparison, mine is a tonka toy compared to your Mack truck design. You have made quite a few minds going into overdrive thinking how to put this in their rig, for sure !!

Hitting you in the shin! :eek:
Who ever tries this please stand in the bed of a truck! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

WELL DONE !!!! WOW.....

Humor Boomer GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back