Gorgon Notorious J Arrma Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello my brothers from another mother. I bought the RTA version two weeks ago and immediately upgraded to a 3S system with a spektrum 3900 KV and 100 ESC. It is the most fun to thrash around the park I’ve ever had for approx $300. That said, I stumbled across this thread looking for information on the spur gear. In two weeks I’ve already blown through the plastic gear and need replacements. Has anybody found a metal gear that works better?
I haven’t found anything commercially available yet, I’m currently working on modifying one I found in my parts bin that may work with a little lathe time.

Hello my brothers from another mother. I bought the RTA version two weeks ago and immediately upgraded to a 3S system with a spektrum 3900 KV and 100 ESC. It is the most fun to thrash around the park I’ve ever had for approx $300. That said, I stumbled across this thread looking for information on the spur gear. In two weeks I’ve already blown through the plastic gear and need replacements. Has anybody found a metal gear that works better?
How's it going? I haven't had issues with the spurs as of yet. I picked up a 50t and 55t which are options on the Infraction Mega and Vendetta, but I believe to switch to metal, you need a full slipper assembly, not the half slipper that comes in the Gorgon.

How's it going? I haven't had issues with the spurs as of yet. I picked up a 50t and 55t which are options on the Infraction Mega and Vendetta, but I believe to switch to metal, you need a full slipper assembly, not the half slipper that comes in the Gorgon.
So far, great. I did replace the OE spur gear with another one that’s holding up better (composite material). I’m starting to think maybe the motor was slightly misaligned, causing the pinion gear to be too far away initially. To answer your question, I’ve run 5-6 3S 5200 lipo batteries thru it at pretty much wide open throttle with no issues thus far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back