Gorgon Notorious J Arrma Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a custom tray for side mounting lipos. Ran with the side to side and crossover straps alone and they held, but in a light crash, the lipos almost came out. Now the next time I crash, I'll worry a little bit less🤪
IMG_20231022_201223.jpg

i could make it faster. but,

i
am
broke.
Oh, it can go faster, but keeping all four wheels on the ground is the problem. Once I design a front splitter that works, I'll get over 100

Oh, it can go faster, but keeping all four wheels on the ground is the problem. Once I design a front splitter that works, I'll get over 100

So does it accept the Vendetta front subframe/mount..

If so, I have the front splitter already designed.

So does it accept the Vendetta front subframe/mount..

If so, I have the front splitter already designed.
I have a Vendetta, so I'm going to take of the mount and see how I might be able to Jerry rig something

I can’t believe you taken it to 80mph without a blow-over. Impressive! My Mojave wants to fly at about 60.
Who said I haven't had blow overs? The reason I'm trying to configure a front splitter is because of all the wheelies and flips that keep happening. Truck is a beast. Tons of crashes with little to no damage

Who said I haven't had blow overs? The reason I'm trying to configure a front splitter is because of all the wheelies and flips that keep happening. Truck is a beast. Tons of crashes with little to no damage

1698600212951~2.png

In addition to your front splitter..
You'll want to have an airdam at the circled area to direct air over the hood ,instead of allowing it to go into the body.

I'm imagining a trapezoidal dam/"cap" of some sort should do the trick
and match with your front wing nicely. 👊🤠

View attachment 329122

In addition to your front splitter..
You'll want to have an airdam at the circled area to direct air over the hood ,instead of allowing it to go into the body.

I'm imagining a trapezoidal dam/"cap" of some sort should do the trick
and match with your front wing nicely. 👊🤠
It's an obvious flaw and harder to correct than it looks. With the body hanging out so far past the front, there's not many options. I was considering using duct tape as a trial, which couldn't be any less aesthetically pleasing than the splitter looks on it's own. The goal is to get over 100 mph, but the front end just comes up way to easy when you get over 75. I'll just keep fiddling with it until I get bored or reach my goal

It's an obvious flaw and harder to correct than it looks. With the body hanging out so far past the front, there's not many options. I was considering using duct tape as a trial, which couldn't be any less aesthetically pleasing than the splitter looks on it's own. The goal is to get over 100 mph, but the front end just comes up way to easy when you get over 75. I'll just keep fiddling with it until I get bored or reach my goal

Even if you mockup a temporary airdam and ducktape it on would help..

I bet you will break triple digits.(y)(y)
You eat this stuff for breakfast.

… Black ducttape!

… Black ducttape!
Currently using silver, as it's the T-Rex i have on the shelf at the moment.
I agree with @Tex Koder
Currently that splitter is directing all the air to go inside the body and will not perform good.
Maybe you can heat some plastic and make something that looks nice to go there.
Wish I had something thinner than the 3.5mm sheet i bought for making small parts like mud guards and an under the body plate for the Notorious. I'm cleaning my work space today, hoping that I have something buried that might be able to do the job.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back