Gorgon Notorious J Arrma Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
So I've pre-ordered mine, the yellow rtr, and only because the one you assemble yourself doesn't come in that color. @WoodiE, time to add Gorgon to the list of vehicles in this thread. Right off the bat, I've got some pretty obvious mods that will be done. Looking over the specs, it looks like the Typhon 6s shock swap will work on the Gorgon, like it does on most of the other 3s/4s line. Brand new ones sitting here waiting. Second switch will be throwing in a 3200kv 3660 Hobbywing motor and XR8 XERUN esc that I ripped out of my now demolished LMT. I've got a metal spur to change up on the slipper, but I'll hold off for now. A lot of plastic parts in the drivetrain, and until they release a brushless version with upgraded parts, I'll just try to take it easy on the ones that are in there now (how many of you just laughed out loud?) I'm also going to attempt to take the paint off the windows as I'd like to throw some led lights under the body for a cool affect against the bright yellow parts. Why did I buy this you ask? It's light, cool looking, can probably be thrown around quite a bit, big fat mt tires, easy to fix and super, super cheap. All the things I like about a truck that is gonna get sent to the moon. Wish me (more it) luck, cause this one's gonna be a blast to mess with.
Screenshot_20230922_161225_Instagram.jpg

How are you planning on clearing the windows? I've seen Matt at @scalebuildersguild use Tamiya body cleaner to get a very clear finish.
I'll try varsol on a Q-tip first. If that doesn't work, the internet will show me the way. Wish I had some old bodies to test on, but like the dumba$$ I am, I left them behind at the Meadowvale track one day, when I was using them as crusher cars for my LMT. Whoever picked them up to throw them out must have had one really funny look on their face.
looking forward to see what you do.
Probably nothing like Arrma and Horizon Hobby intended, but that's just the way I roll, or cartwheel, or tumble..............

Can't wait to see yours! I opted for the kit and I got the metal spur on the way. Do we have any idea when they are set to ship?
No idea. My metal spur is a 57t from the 3s line. I think the Gorgon comes with a 61t. This means I can keep my pinion smaller and the set up will favor more torque. Just hoping I don't have to mod the gear box for the smaller spur.
I'm really feeling the need for a GOOOORGON! I really don't know why this one tickles my fancy, but it does. I hate preorders but I'm this close!
Seth Meyers Sarcasm GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
I had the same feeling. Yes, it's just a Voltage with a big body an mt looking tires, yes it's only 2wd, yes it's even brushed. But there's something about the look and style plus such a great price that says "why the hell not" right?

Last edited:
So I've pre-ordered mine, the yellow rtr, and only because the one you assemble yourself doesn't come in that color. @WoodiE, time to add Gorgon to the list of vehicles in this thread. Right off the bat, I've got some pretty obvious mods that will be done. Looking over the specs, it looks like the Typhon 6s shock swap will work on the Gorgon, like it does on most of the other 3s/4s line. Brand new ones sitting here waiting. Second switch will be throwing in a 3200kv 3660 Hobbywing motor and XR8 XERUN esc that I ripped out of my now demolished LMT. I've got a metal spur to change up on the slipper, but I'll hold off for now. A lot of plastic parts in the drivetrain, and until they release a brushless version with upgraded parts, I'll just try to take it easy on the ones that are in there now (how many of you just laughed out loud?) I'm also going to attempt to take the paint off the windows as I'd like to throw some led lights under the body for a cool affect against the bright yellow parts. Why did I buy this you ask? It's light, cool looking, can probably be thrown around quite a bit, big fat mt tires, easy to fix and super, super cheap. All the things I like about a truck that is gonna get sent to the moon. Wish me (more it) luck, cause this one's gonna be a blast to mess with.View attachment 323534

I’m right there with you J!

This MT looks pretty awesome, I really like the actual monster truck look. The whole truck looks to be pretty well made, and I can’t wait to get mine. I of course will be getting the one in Blue 😅

Picked it up today. Lot of modding to be done before the first run. Need to install a receiver box as the Gorgon uses an esc/receiver all in one unit. Got to find the right spot to mount the new esc and gotta install the brushless motor. Also considering take the tires off to add foam, but thats still just a maybe. Should be a blast
IMG_20231012_133940.jpg

Nice job man! It really trips me out when I finally get to see what a member looks like! Never what my imagination comes up with 😂 That being said, looks like we are around the same age. ✌🏼😎

Nice job man! It really trips me out when I finally get to see what a member looks like! Never what my imagination comes up with 😂 That being said, looks like we are around the same age. ✌🏼😎
I'm 54 going on 12. My secret to defying age is lithium polymer😉

I'm 54 going on 12.
You got me by 6 years...also a kid a heart. I truly believe living you life the way you want helps. For me it was music for the past 30 years and now it's toy cars 😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back