Gorgon Notorious J Arrma Gorgon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently using silver, as it's the T-Rex i have on the shelf at the moment.

Wish I had something thinner than the 3.5mm sheet i bought for making small parts like mud guards and an under the body plate for the Notorious. I'm cleaning my work space today, hoping that I have something buried that might be able to do the job.
Maybe an old RC body you could cut up or grab some sheet metal from a hardware store...

Maybe an old RC body you could cut up or grab some sheet metal from a hardware store...
Funny story. While I was part of the LMT crowd, I had entered an online competition that spanned over 6 months. Post a 1 minute video before each deadline, with as many tricks as possible. Well, I was often using those old bodies like wrecked cars at a monster truck show. Added to the affect of the videos. One day after shooting a video, I packed up and went home, not realizing I had left the bodies at the park. I called a few local hobby guys that I knew might be out that way sooner than I'd have a chance to return, and low and behold, the bodies were all gone. Not sure if the parks department tossed them or someone visiting the park grabbed them, but they were all gone. About a dozen or more Kraton, Notorious and Granite bodies, all lost.

Funny story. While I was part of the LMT crowd, I had entered an online competition that spanned over 6 months. Post a 1 minute video before each deadline, with as many tricks as possible. Well, I was often using those old bodies like wrecked cars at a monster truck show. Added to the affect of the videos. One day after shooting a video, I packed up and went home, not realizing I had left the bodies at the park. I called a few local hobby guys that I knew might be out that way sooner than I'd have a chance to return, and low and behold, the bodies were all gone. Not sure if the parks department tossed them or someone visiting the park grabbed them, but they were all gone. About a dozen or more Kraton, Notorious and Granite bodies, all lost.
Dang man that stinks!!!

Just an idea I've learned from being ghetto......
The plastic used on totes makes for an awesome plastic to make parts with. You can heat it and bend it as well. You can form it to specific shapes if you need to.

You can literally form it like lexan if you make some sort of negative.

Might be useful?

Dang man that stinks!!!
But I found one. One of the local hobby stores has boxes with 5 and 10 dollar bodies. Bought this for my drift car but it didn't fit. Well........
20231030_153544.jpg

Just an idea I've learned from being ghetto......
The plastic used on totes makes for an awesome plastic to make parts with. You can heat it and bend it as well. You can form it to specific shapes if you need to.

You can literally form it like lexan if you make some sort of negative.

Might be useful?
+!
I also bought a black tote from the THD just for a specific project. In a pinch it works well.

No towers available yet for the Gorgon, so some ingenuity came into play after breaking the front and rear during some high speed crashes.
IMG_20231105_175808.jpg

So my Gorgon is a basher again. Ran it a few times with Granite tires since at least they have foams. Thing is pretty wicked on 3s brushless. For the winter, I bought these cheapo Amazon paddle tires. The set comes with interchangeable hex inserts for 12, 14 and 17mm hexes. I swapped the 14mm hex the truck comes with for 12mm, since the holes in the 14mm insert were too big for the Gorgon's axle. Should be a hoot making rwd rooster tails this winter
20231204_184634-01.jpeg

20231114_154528-01.jpeg

How did I miss this thread??
That’s a cool build man, I’m digging the shock tower mod.
Thanks. That mod came from necessity. Parts for the Gorgon were hard to come by for a while, so I had to use what I had. Tons of 6s parts lying around my bench, so just made something work. Like having the beefier shocks in back too. Doesn't squat as much under load

Thanks. That mod came from necessity. Parts for the Gorgon were hard to come by for a while, so I had to use what I had. Tons of 6s parts lying around my bench, so just made something work. Like having the beefier shocks in back too. Doesn't squat as much under load
That’s where a lot of my mods come from. My dad taught me this saying when I was young….

“With necessity comes invention”

I’ve lived by that my whole life.

So I've pre-ordered mine, the yellow rtr, and only because the one you assemble yourself doesn't come in that color. @WoodiE, time to add Gorgon to the list of vehicles in this thread. Right off the bat, I've got some pretty obvious mods that will be done. Looking over the specs, it looks like the Typhon 6s shock swap will work on the Gorgon, like it does on most of the other 3s/4s line. Brand new ones sitting here waiting. Second switch will be throwing in a 3200kv 3660 Hobbywing motor and XR8 XERUN esc that I ripped out of my now demolished LMT. I've got a metal spur to change up on the slipper, but I'll hold off for now. A lot of plastic parts in the drivetrain, and until they release a brushless version with upgraded parts, I'll just try to take it easy on the ones that are in there now (how many of you just laughed out loud?) I'm also going to attempt to take the paint off the windows as I'd like to throw some led lights under the body for a cool affect against the bright yellow parts. Why did I buy this you ask? It's light, cool looking, can probably be thrown around quite a bit, big fat mt tires, easy to fix and super, super cheap. All the things I like about a truck that is gonna get sent to the moon. Wish me (more it) luck, cause this one's gonna be a blast to mess with.View attachment 323534
Shoegoo the body with hot glue beads, 100a esc, 3900kv, 3s, 40mm fan, anodized ball joints all round, wheelie bar..... wheelies over 40mph anyday😎

20231206_234417.jpg

20231206_234340.jpg

20231206_234326.jpg

Hello my brothers from another mother. I bought the RTA version two weeks ago and immediately upgraded to a 3S system with a spektrum 3900 KV and 100 ESC. It is the most fun to thrash around the park I’ve ever had for approx $300. That said, I stumbled across this thread looking for information on the spur gear. In two weeks I’ve already blown through the plastic gear and need replacements. Has anybody found a metal gear that works better?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back