Nylon prints warps bad and just wont stick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read some advise sanding the PEI plate for beter adhesion. Whats you thoughts about that?

Personally I wouldn't.

I'd would try hairspray or other adhesion promoters first.

Sanding would be the last resort ,if at all.

Room temp is 20C /68F
No air movement

I just sanded it. The filament sticks (ABS+) but for some reasons my layers are not getting as good as they used to be.
Printing 0.2
Speed 60
Initial layer 40
265C/509F
Bed 100c/ 212
Fan 10%

View attachment 346813

Wel i guess i officialy ruined the plate. The ABS sticks so wel that it wont come loose any more :confused:
I think 1000 grade sand paper is to much, ill go to 2000 and see if it makes it less sticky

From the photo, it looks like your bed leveling is way off or you need to readjust the Z-Offset.

I just did a full "self-check" that includes: input shaping en auto leveling, Nozzle PID calibration.
Personally I wouldn't.

I'd would try hairspray or other adhesion promoters first.

Sanding would be the last resort ,if at all.

From the photo, it looks like your bed leveling is way off or you need to readjust the Z-Offset.

17071496891098828807408085833954.jpg

Thats the only setting i have regarding to Z offset. I have no idea how much it shoud be

Last edited:
Today i received the pei plate, and thought lets try again.
260c
70c
60 mm/s
0.20mm
This was the result:

The print came lose and created a blob.

20240212_185924.jpg

Today i received the pei plate, and thought lets try again.
260c
70c
60 mm/s
0.20mm
This was the result:

The print came lose and created a blob.

View attachment 348184

PEI plate is a smooth or textured surface?

Your speed is still too fast!
Go all the way down to 30 (or 40mm/s)
So we can eliminate "fast speed" as a cause of your problems.

Make sure to wipe down your New PEI plate a few times with isopropyl alcohol >> 91% preferred (75% mah okay)

Clean your nozzle and give her another go.
👊

PEI plate is a smooth or textured surface?

Your speed is still too fast!
Go all the way down to 30 (or 40mm/s)
So we can eliminate "fast speed" as a cause of your problems.

Make sure to wipe down your New PEI plate a few times with isopropyl alcohol >> 91% preferred (75% mah okay)

Clean your nozzle and give her another go.
👊
Thank you so much!
Sheet is textured.
With or without gluestick?

Thank you so much!
Sheet is textured.
With or without gluestick?

Sure. Glad to assist.

Okay.
Good.

NO gluestick for now.

Just slow that speed way down.
Everything else seems good ,so you should be able to complete print.

After washing the plate with dishwasher soap and letting it dry i followed your advise and cleaned it with alcohol, set the speed on 40 and started a smal print. (With this speed the bumper that i was trying would take 9 hours!)
The print looks good but i don't know how much longer it would have sticked to the bed, i almost had just to look at it and it came lose.

But thank you guys so much. I will let you know how the rest goes.

20240213_163013.jpg

After washing the plate with dishwasher soap and letting it dry i followed your advise and cleaned it with alcohol, set the speed on 40 and started a smal print. (With this speed the bumper that i was trying would take 9 hours!)
The print looks good but i don't know how much longer it would have sticked to the bed, i almost had just to look at it and it came lose.

But thank you guys so much. I will let you know how the rest goes.

View attachment 348351

Okay.
Now we're getting somewhere!

I would highly suggest that you keep all the specs as is and try BLUE painter's tape for better adhesion.. & Less Brim.

You are 98% there.

This is truly blowing my mind.. that stuff prints soooo easy, I can't believe you are having so much trouble.. 😔

Is it possible the filament is saturated? Have you tried to dry it out?

Last edited:
This is truly blowing my mind.. that stuff prints soooo easy, I can't believe you are having so much trouble.. 😔

Is it possible the filament is saturated? Have you tried to dry it out?
Thanks for rubbing it in, hahaha
Could it be a "bad" batch?
I didnt dry it, had problems from day one. I looked at the nozzle there is no signs of wet filament like sizzeling or uneven extrusion. If i extrude the line is perfect. Biggest problem is not stcking to the bed.
can i ask what settings you use?

I didnt dry it, had problems from day one. I looked at the nozzle there is no signs of wet filament like sizzeling or uneven extrusion. If i extrude the line is perfect. Biggest problem is not stcking to the bed.

He's got a completely Modified (custom chamber heater and updated firmware) K1Max that he's using..

It'll definitely have different settings than what you're able to use , I'd imagine...

I am to new to 3d printing to use custom firmware. Something for the future maybe. But i do have the same printer.

🤣🤣, sorry bout that..🤣🤣🤣... 100% could be a bad batch.. hard to tell without trying to dry it.. any moisture absorbed even on a miniscule level will cause issues with bed adhesion...

How are your first layers? are all your creality print settings still at the default? Like line widths, flow, all still factory settings?..

What firmware version are you running? The new 1.3.3.5?

He's got a completely Modified (custom chamber heater and updated firmware) K1Max that he's using..

It'll definitely have different settings than what you're able to use , I'd imagine...

Only difference would be the heated chamber.. but 40c is plenty in reach with just the heated bed if it's left long enough before a print...

🤣🤣, sorry bout that..🤣🤣🤣... 100% could be a bad batch.. hard to tell without trying to dry it.. any moisture absorbed even on a miniscule level will cause issues with bed adhesion...

How are your first layers? are all your creality print settings still at the default? Like line widths, flow, all still factory settings?..

What firmware version are you running? The new 1.3.3.5?

Only difference would be the heated chamber.. but 40c is plenty in reach with just the heated bed if it's left long enough before a print...

Few posts up i post a picture of my latest print. The quality is not quite good looking as pla prints. All the print settings are default, only thing i changed was lowering the speed to 40mm/s and bumped the bed temperature to 70c
Yes im running on 1.3.3.5.
About the chamber temperature, it was around 38c

Few posts up i post a picture of my latest print. The quality is not quite good looking as pla prints. All the print settings are default, only thing i changed was lowering the speed to 40mm/s and bumped the bed temperature to 70c
Yes im running on 1.3.3.5.
About the chamber temperature, it was around 38c

Ok now this is making more sense... Default settings are terrible, and I'd bet the cause of the warped prints starts there at the first layer..

Send me a pm with your email address.. I'm going to slice a part with my settings and email it to you.. I'm curious if it warps with my settings..

Ok now this is making more sense... Default settings are terrible, and I'd bet the cause of the warped prints starts there at the first layer..

Send me a pm with your email address.. I'm going to slice a part with my settings and email it to you.. I'm curious if it warps with my settings..
Did you had by any chance time to slice a file? I cant wait to try your settings ;)

Did you had by any chance time to slice a file? I cant wait to try your settings ;)
Sorry I haven't, I can send it tonight for sure.. we got whacked with a snow storm so been busy clearing everything up..

Hopefully it will be good to go.. if it all works out for you we will get you setup correctly..👍

Sorry I haven't, I can send it tonight for sure.. we got whacked with a snow storm so been busy clearing everything up..

Hopefully it will be good to go.. if it all works out for you we will get you setup correctly..👍
don't say sorry man, i was just asking because wanna be sure it didnt end up in the spam or got blocked for any reason. Good luck with the snow. Wish it would snow here as wel. We haven't had any good snow for years here.

@Camaroboy383

Unfortunately this was the result of the gcode.
Looks like it got warped during printing and came lose...

20240215_133150.jpg

20240215_133209.jpg

Maybe crazy idea, but just to rule out the slicing software i tried with ORCA slicer, exact same output

Last edited:
Well, Creality support wasn’t a big help!

I contacted Creality via chat and asked them about problems with printing nylon. Their statement was that the K1 Max does not support nylon, as stated on their website :unsure:

Back