Big Rock Old school Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any thoughts on how I screwed up my spur...

and yeah, my Nero is the orphan I just gotta love ?

Sheesh! I had to hammer the center brass piece into place. Is that normal?

View attachment 95671
You probably
Any thoughts on how I screwed up my spur...

and yeah, my Nero is the orphan I just gotta love ?

Sheesh! I had to hammer the center brass piece into place. Is that normal?

View attachment 95671

You have to back out slipper clutch screw 1/2 or 3/4 turn...cant remember but look at manual

Pretty sure I did.

image.jpg

Just follow the instructions in the manual and you should be fine. You won't know until it's back together again and running.

So upon closer examination, I think I rebuilt it without the shim #ar709037, notice the scratches on the brace? They aren’t deep...but still. Would this cause catastrophic failure? I have a stock pinion and I’m tempted to put it on. Should I wait for the Tekno ? Was supposed to be here yesterday, now USPS tracking says Monday.

7D04844D-255B-4988-989C-00F127938C1D.jpeg

58150580-245C-4A9D-A876-E2606CD4D252.jpeg

Figure out what happened to the spur gear? Got me curious

Last edited:
That could of been the cause, but it's a pretty thin aluminum shim/washer. Like I've stated, as long as you follow the instruction manual, you should be ok.

Agreed, but that .5 mm is just enough keep it from contacting the brace.
C’mon man, starting to sound like my wife ,”read the directions “?
It’ll be interesting to see if a 50 cents part was the cause of this grief.

Last edited:
Haha! Yup, listen to your wife and read those directions bro. Hope you get it going again.
You probably

You have to back out slipper clutch screw 1/2 or 3/4 turn...cant remember but look at manual
How about your Nero MBoss? Still running good?

Just so there’s no doubt... I cranked that slipper nut until it would go no more then backed off 270 degrees. New Tekno in place.

image.jpg

Mesh

image.jpg

Well that’s it. Gonna put it back together and let the loctite set overnight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Yep diff brain discontinued.
Bench test low rpm no wheels and the two diff servos I have are working.
Actually I did have a slip of the trigger finger
image.jpg

Last edited:
If you are referring to the wires routed next to the shock, it hasn't caused a problem with my Big Rock or Fazon.......yet

Last edited:
ITS ALIVE!!
CC738A8C-F907-46DC-981B-48B024D438CE.jpeg

Took it out for a blast today. All seems well, wheelies no problem, drifting no problem. Only issue is zero brakes ? I have to apply full reverse to slow it down and stop. I had to be very careful about where I gave it full speed (damn thing hauls ass!) gonna have to check ESC.

image.jpg

ITS ALIVE!!
View attachment 96041
Took it out for a blast today. All seems well, wheelies no problem, drifting no problem. Only issue is zero brakes ? I have to apply full reverse to slow it down and stop. I had to be very careful about where I gave it full speed (damn thing hauls ass!) gonna have to check ESC.

View attachment 96042
Awesome! It's a great feeling when the pieces are all back together. I had some goofyness with my throttle and break not to long ago. Hope it's an easy fix for you as mine was, fresh batteries.

Happy bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back