Personal experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planes are a little different as they are hard to scratch. You typically end your day with a totally unscathed plane or a box of parts. :ROFLMAO: That is if its not lost in a tree out in the woods. Trust me on this.šŸ˜†

Been there done that too many times to count. I'm honestly afraid to count how many planes I've had. I think I'm down to six now, three full size, and three micros. I have given a few away, more than a few had their life cut short by dumb thumbs, but some have lived a decent life.

Between storage space, weather, and keeping a good place to fly, these are all things that prompted me to give surface vehicles a go. I still fly RC planes, just not as much as I used to.

Been there done that too many times to count. I'm honestly afraid to count how many planes I've had. I think I'm down to six now, three full size, and three micros. I have given a few away, more than a few had their life cut short by dumb thumbs, but some have lived a decent life.

Between storage space, weather, and keeping a good place to fly, these are all things that prompted me to give surface vehicles a go. I still fly RC planes, just not as much as I used to.
I hear ya. My eyes aren't what they use to be. Nothing worse than losing orientation on which way its heading.lol. I have to say though with the new technology I can literally throttle up, set down the radio and up it goes, same with landing. When I get in trouble, just hit the " oh sh#t" button.

They may enjoy launching it in the air or speed runs across the field but that's it. No interest in any other aspect of the hobby
LHS owner told me most of his customers are this way. He was very pleased that I come in and ask questions, but he said most folks just come in and say ā€œfix it!ā€.

I met a winner a few years ago while Speed running the Infr. It was newly released at the time. He wanted one real bad. I told him they are hard to find. He found one in his travels in Fl. Called me all excited. He wanted advice on upgrades. Called me every time his LHS installed something , like a fancy grafixs chassis Protector and was pissed off because the LHS scratched it before he picked it up. Never even ran it. Owns a trucking company. A well heeled guy, also driving a Porsche Cayanne.
I told him to bring it around to show him how to set it up. He even got a GPS meter and all. Showed it to me, so happy. He came around a few times to watch me and my son speed run. Would never bring his stuff out.
Turns out he has like 8 RC's cars from years past. All High end, 1/8 Nitro Serpents, and all. I said bring them out. He said he doesn't want to scratch them up. That they are pristine. Showed me pix of them on his shelf. He never used one of them. Never ran. He thought they were worth so much $$ as an investment. I told him Old RC's are not worth much. Can't get parts etc. Need to enjoy driving them. I discovered he won't even run his Infraction. Because he paid so much $$ at a LHS to install Beacoup Coin on it. Futaba gear and all. It sits on his shelf to this day unsused. He, " IMHO", just likes to show them off. He admitted he never drove any RC before. Wanted me to teach him. I even offered to bring him Some fuel and I would tune and start his Serpent with my Starter box. . I bet the Foam tires were all dry rotted by now. He didn't even own a Starter box. No clue what that was. I told him that his Nitro motors need to be run, might be seized up, and that he probably can't even get parts for many of them now. He was upset about that. Clueless. Never called me again.
Just wanted to resurrect SrC's experience with this guy. I still go back and read it when I need a laugh. Enjoy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back