On a personal note ----

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguywnewtoy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I just wanted to point out that, when something happens, like what just happened to one of the members on here today, it shows that this place is more than just an RC Forum. It's a place we can share a part of ourselfs in. When MRDUKE had his accident, we all cringed. When VELODROME had yet another back surgery, we all felt his pain. And when Paula bought another pair of shoes, we all chuckled alittle. ( just kiddin ya Paula ). But seriously, thank you Woodie for providing a place where we can all have a connection beyound just a bunch of grown-ups playing with toy cars.

Cheers & thank you @WoodiE
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

While I know everyone's heart and message is all in good intentions. Please let's not make this about me.

I can't and have no desire to even try to imagine losing a spouse, like as posted today, and I feel that, more than anything, should be the focus.

Not only helping that member in any way we can, but to also make sure we all take time out today, and really every day, to tell those that mean the most to us how much they do mean to us.

Lastly, this place isn't about one single person. This place is a community. No one person makes that, we all do. You do and for that, I am thankful.

Thanks is not needed to me. First tell those loved ones you love them and then thank yourselves. You guys made this what it is.

While I know everyone's heart and message is all in good intentions. Please let's not make this about me.

I can't and have no desire to even try to imagine losing a spouse, like as posted today, and I feel that, more than anything, should be the focus.

Not only helping that member in any way we can, but to also make sure we all take time out today, and really every day, to tell those that mean the most to us how much they do mean to us.

Lastly, this place isn't about one single person. This place is a community. No one person makes that, we all do. You do and for that, I am thankful.

Thanks is not needed to me. First tell those loved ones you love them and then thank yourselves. You guys made this what it is.

You are a wise humble man..🙏

For some, including myself, it's our only form of social media. This is why I sometimes share non RC related stuff. I work away so don't always have someone of the same mindset to talk to.

As @oldguywnewtoy said "It's a place we can share a part of ourselfs in". 💯% true. I've never seen anyone say "this is not the forum for that" (except maybe politics which is understandable).

The fact that the people of this forum are awesome and relate, is also awesome.

Although WoodiE is a legend for what he has done with is forum(thanks WoodiE), it's also the members of this community that make it great.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back