Fireteam Please convince me not to buy a Fireteam!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't already watched Earl Moorheads vids, he does a thorough analysis of the fireteam. Very objective. Having said that, I don't own either truck but I can answer your question by knowing your credit card balance. 😆
+1

I haven't had the quality issues others are bringing up. Motor mesh was a little tight but no biggie. Diffs were fine, shimmed properly. Couldn't find any other quality issues.

Fun truck. Drives unlike anything else I had (y) You got on emade on a WednYeah my Mesh was slammed so tight. Sounded horrible justt rolling. The gears were getting all cut up form just rolling the rig.

Yeah you got one made on a Wednesday.:ROFLMAO: Lucked out. And my Diffs easily fit one additional shim. But sure that can vary from bulkhead ot bulkhead due to poor production molding tolerances. I get that.
But I can't understand why The factory places only one shim in there to begin with if they expect us to possibly add another. Something they should have added as needed to begin with. Manual does not state to check shimming, first before running it. So a bricked Main/ Input gear could be very probable within the first run. A nightmare to deal with. Been there with my very first Arrma 6s OC years ago. Not knowing any better.
My pinion mesh was slammed so tight, it would roll horribly. My Gears were getting all chewed up from just rolling the rig. Sounded so bad. Then I Stripped one motor mount screw even though I torched them both. I have to laugh. All good. Part of the hobby with RTR's anyway.

Just shipping something like the FT from one warehouse to any hobby shop costs a pretty coin these days, not including the initial warehousing and marketing costs, so yeah... HH has to mark it up to keep the doors open.

... At least it's not to TrapXUs Price points.. like their XRT@ ~$1000 , dear lord ,what's their markup like?
Don't get me wrong, shipping and all Marketting etc all adds up. Just that the price to produce these are so low. and QC could be better if they just gave a dam. I honestly think HH has minimal control with their Chinese outsourced production. They can't can't get a grip on it. Seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Common Assy flaws take years for Arrma/HH to resolve and it is inconsitent at best when it does happen.
With all the thousands of FT's being sold at discount recently, I would expect many New FT owners to join AF. Thats's a plus.:LOL:
AF is the best Arrma Tech support out there. But I am biased.;)

Don't get me wrong, shipping and all Marketting etc all adds up. Just that the price to produce these are so low. and QC could be better if they just gave a dam. I honestly think HH has minimal control with their Chinese outsourced production. They can't can't get a grip on it. Seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Common Assy flaws take years for Arrma/HH to resolve and it is inconsitent at best when it does happen.
With all the thousands of FT's being sold at discount recently, I would expect many New FT owners to join AF. Thats's a plus.:LOL:
When you go to visit the factory in China to inspect their samples, if you want good quality, you have to reject at least the first 100 pieces that come off the line for you to look at. If you take the 4th or 5th one and say, "Yeah, that's alright", the guys running the factory will lose all respect for you and just produce Monday warez with a side of COVID because, if you don't care....why should they?

@Notorious J, I used to do that also.
Just too much PTSD , makes me rebuild them first and while they are pristine and clean. It costs me less in the long run. Yeah they all break and get repaired anyway. I just hate being a slave to Arrma diffs. So I address them first out the box if anything. Diffs parts aint cheap.

Last edited:
Just shipping something like the FT from one warehouse to any hobby shop costs a pretty coin these days, not including the initial warehousing and marketing costs, so yeah... HH has to mark it up to keep the doors open.

... At least it's not to TrapXUs Price points.. like their XRT@ ~$1000 , dear lord ,what's their markup like?
To be fair, the k8s rtr is like the same price and nowhere near as durable.
I just cracked the box open, threw in a lipo, and let'er rip. When it breaks, I'll fix it. Might as well enjoy it a bit before working on it because even after you adjust and tweak it, it's still gonna break again.
haha I finally cracked my box open yesterday and I also didn't really check anything but screws. Took out the electronics minus the servo and tossed on a typhon body. I'm ready to go test drive in 30f weather :ROFLMAO:

To be fair, the k8s rtr is like the same price and nowhere near as durable.
Yeah, the price of Traxxas is just a bit too salty for my blood when they're new. If/when I get a UDR you can bet I'll be buying it used on Ebay classifieds.
haha I finally cracked my box open yesterday and I also didn't really check anything but screws. Took out the electronics minus the servo and tossed on a typhon body. I'm ready to go test drive in 30f weather :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, we're back down to 22°F and I'm gonna go back out for another round in a few hours too. I need to find me some thin battery powered gloves somewhere.

Yeah, the price of Traxxas is just a bit too salty for my blood when they're new. If/when I get a UDR you can bet I'll be buying it used on Ebay classifieds.

Yeah, we're back down to 22°F and I'm gonna go back out for another round in a few hours too. I need to find me some thin battery powered gloves somewhere.
Oh man the glove situation is so rough! it seems like anything that keeps you warm makes it impossible to drive safely. I lose all confidence when wearing gloves. I've been trying to keep hand warmers in my pockets and I just stick my hand in there every few minutes :ROFLMAO:

So a couple months ago I bought a Mojave EXB when it was on sale for $485CND. Also ordered electronics from Jennys and scorched inner fenders. It's still unopened in the box because it's supposed to be my Christmas present.
My hobby shop got 1 Fireteam in and are selling it still for the sale price.$547CND

To those who have the Mojave and Fireteam, please convince me that they are too similar and I shouldn't buy the Fireteam.
You came to the wrong place if u wanted to be discouraged from an RC purchase…n I didn’t even read the other replies yet

You came to the wrong place if u wanted to be discouraged from an RC purchase…n I didn’t even read the other replies yet
The only good places would be a gun shop or going shopping with your wife. Either of those will eliminate the excess money. Or you could send ME the money so I can buy a FT.

Oh man the glove situation is so rough! it seems like anything that keeps you warm makes it impossible to drive safely. I lose all confidence when wearing gloves. I've been trying to keep hand warmers in my pockets and I just stick my hand in there every few minutes :ROFLMAO:
Here's what we need brother :LOL:
1671141010212.png

EDIT: NEVERMIND...this thing costs over $150 :/

I cut the index finger off of a snap on glove...works for me so far. The body clips are so painful in the winter! I started bringing a pair of small needle nose with me. 🧊🥶

I cut the index finger off of a snap on glove...works for me so far. The body clips are so painful in the winter! I started bringing a pair of small needle nose with me. 🧊🥶
Ditch the Arrma body clips. I swapped mine out for BittyDesign body clips and my life experienced a qualitative improvement of no less that 27.3%. My hand stopped convulsing reflexively at the thought of removing the body clips when it's cold out. G'waaan...splurge. Live a little. You'll be glad you spent the $10 on some decent clips :)

Ditch the Arrma body clips. I swapped mine out for BittyDesign body clips and my life experienced a qualitative improvement of no less that 27.3%. My hand stopped convulsing reflexively at the thought of removing the body clips when it's cold out. G'waaan...splurge. Live a little. You'll be glad you spent the $10 on some decent clips :)
Whoa! I will check those out sir. 👍🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back