Kraton Project Custom Chassis Super Stretched Dual Motor 6s "Goliath"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 262912

View attachment 262913

View attachment 262914

Test fitted
View attachment 262918

Added Double middle clamps ,for added stiffness..
View attachment 262919

View attachment 262920

Dimensions:
Total length = 25 5/8" (651mm)
Mounting length = 25 1/4" (641mm +/- 2mm)

Total weight = ~3.6 oz.
I want it!!!! Goliath is calling out for it 😁😁 this is awesome. Can't wait to get it all together. Its going to be such a beautiful build I'm going to be a little sad to get it dirty. Thank you for the work sir 💪🏼🤘🏼

Got the chassis painted, I painted the top black that way for the spots that the carbon doesn't cover it will kind of blend in with it. And then I know it's going to get scratched up but I painted the bottom in red! Just love red.

Should be getting my other esc today or tomorrow 🤞🏼and then I can actually start mounting stuff up for real. I got some fresh 6s lipos for it as well. I want to get a perfect pass servo but I'm trying to chill on my spending lol. I also want a JBI or M2C rear tower since the rear is exposed so it'll look real nice. Suppose I should just get front and rear though.......Want to sell a rig or 2 so I'll probably get it after I do that.

637425C9-DE8D-4868-95EF-A0EBC9F876AD.jpeg
C8084B3A-D5A6-496D-A1B2-AD8292810E2E.jpeg

Got the chassis painted, I painted the top black that way for the spots that the carbon doesn't cover it will kind of blend in with it. And then I know it's going to get scratched up but I painted the bottom in red! Just love red.

Should be getting my other esc today or tomorrow 🤞🏼and then I can actually start mounting stuff up for real. I got some fresh 6s lipos for it as well. I want to get a perfect pass servo but I'm trying to chill on my spending lol. I also want a JBI or M2C rear tower since the rear is exposed so it'll look real nice. Suppose I should just get front and rear though.......Want to sell a rig or 2 so I'll probably get it after I do that.

View attachment 262980View attachment 262981

Stephen,
That's mighty fine work you did there.
Honestly it looks like a factory blank, just waiting for the finishing touches. 👍

Not sure if you plan on cutting those exist slots for the center diffs.. or if you plan on just leaving it as is...
I'm guessing you may need to raise the diff housing/motor mounts to have the spur clear the chassis surface..?

Stephen,
That's mighty fine work you did there.
Honestly it looks like a factory blank, just waiting for the finishing touches. 👍

Not sure if you plan on cutting those exist slots for the center diffs.. or if you plan on just leaving it as is...
I'm guessing you may need to raise the diff housing/motor mounts to have the spur clear the chassis surface..?
Thank you thank you. I was pretty proud of myself after the paint, I was thinking that too, came out damn good for my first shot.

And No sir! I'm using the 46 spur on the centers so I don't have to cut exit slots 😁 and for the front and rear I was able to grind just enough for the spurs to fit without cutting through the chassis. Very pleased about that

Thank you thank you. I was pretty proud of myself after the paint, I was thinking that too, came out damn good for my first shot.

And No sir! I'm using the 46 spur on the centers so I don't have to cut exit slots 😁 and for the front and rear I was able to grind just enough for the spurs to fit without cutting through the chassis. Very pleased about that
Will the front and rear diffs connect to each other via driveshaft? Or completely separate drivelines?

(Maybe a stupid question)

Will the front and rear diffs connect to each other via driveshaft? Or completely separate drivelines?

(Maybe a stupid question)
One of my ideas was a dual motor mount that would have 1 driveline but I settled on this setup which will be 2 separate drivelines just because I thought it would be more interesting. Time will tell if it works or not. My biggest concern is ripping fornt and rear diff gears to shreds.......If it doesn't work out then I will have to cut out my other chassis and do the single driveline setup and see how that does

One of my ideas was a dual motor mount that would have 1 driveline but I settled on this setup which will be 2 separate drivelines just because I thought it would be more interesting. Time will tell if it works or not. My biggest concern is ripping fornt and rear diff gears to shreds.......If it doesn't work out then I will have to cut out my other chassis and do the single driveline setup and see how that does
Definitely a fun experiment. Are you planning to lock the center diffs? Or go really heavy oil like 20M to provide a tiny bit of give?

Definitely a fun experiment. Are you planning to lock the center diffs? Or go really heavy oil like 20M to provide a tiny bit of give?
Absolutely!! And if that still ends up being too much then I might go to a single motor 8s.......we will see. And yessir those puppies are locked already. I was considering 20 million but felt like since one side literally has 0 resistance it would end up still just shoving all the power through that side instead of the wheels but maybe I am wrong........one way to find out!. I also considered buying limitless spools for them and getting some big gears so I am not running such high gearing but I opted for the cheaper route which is those aluminum locker inserts on ebay. If those fail, which I am aware is very possible, then I will go the spool route

Here's another possible modification to get that body to work..

Split the cab and bed sections ;give them a stretch ;then use carbon fiber tubes or plates to mend them together..
Basically giving that body an eXtendo treatment ,in a sense..

A Stretched Body for a stretched chassis!
View attachment 261200
Exactly..that's what I'm doing to my Big Rock..you need to stretch that body.so buy another body cut the peices you need to extend it.multiple ways of doing it.on my chassis and body extension build I have three ways that I have in mind..#1 longer bed without the sides.#2 adding a extra cab and longer bed with sides.or #3 longer bed with sides no extra cab.on my build even with me adding a whole extra bed I'm still going to be short a few inches of covering the rear shock tower .so I have a plan b if I don't like it..buy another body and put 2 together bud . Your build is looking sweet bro .keep up the good work..my build is taking a lot longer than expected due to work and family.but slowly but surely.👍

Looks Fantastic!!
You Sir build at a break neck speed!
I'm going to have to kick it into high gear just to try and keep up.

How much height space is there between that rear body post frame/bar?
So that I know how much room I have.. to design your center brace ,to pass through??
I was thinking the same .he builds fast.no playing around .he gets right to it.👍and gets it done.nice work.

Actually my biggest hangup is my other esc that is taking it's sweet time in the mail 😒. But it'll all work out at some point!

I did actually get my servo, both chassis braces, and front motor mounted to the chassis last night so that's exciting. Didn't take any pictures of it though but I will tonight. I'll probably get the rear motor and front esc mounted as well tonight.

She's for sure a heavy beast when everything is sitting in it but it is obviously going to have plenty of power to move that around 😂

Actually my biggest hangup is my other esc that is taking it's sweet time in the mail 😒. But it'll all work out at some point!

I did actually get my servo, both chassis braces, and front motor mounted to the chassis last night so that's exciting. Didn't take any pictures of it though but I will tonight. I'll probably get the rear motor and front esc mounted as well tonight.

She's for sure a heavy beast when everything is sitting in it but it is obviously going to have plenty of power to move that around 😂
Let's not rush that poor china man by him self on that QA assembly line.he can't send it untill he puts 3 QA inspection stickers on it.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Let's not rush that poor china man by him self on that QA assembly line.he can't send it untill he puts 3 QA inspection stickers on it.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don't be sexist...
Most of the QA inspectors are young ladies. Who don't know the difference between a circuitboard for a Wallymart coffee maker from a ICB for a High Power ESC.

Plus, they tend to pass the circuit back and forward to each other down the assembly line just to use up their quota of QA stickers...

Last edited:
Don't be sexist...
Most of the QA inspectors are young ladies. Who don't know the difference between a circuitboard for a Wallymart coffee maker from a ICB for a High Power ESC.

Plus, they then to pass the circuit back and forward to each other down the assembly line just to use up their quota of QA stickers...
Something tells me under that QA inspectors table there are a lot of QA stickers stuck under there like bubble gum🤣
Something tells me under that QA inspectors table there are a lot of QA stickers stuck under there like bubble gum🤣..oh and I must apologize.i can not say male or female..I should have said them..I don't want to offend anyone 🤣🤣

5C54D325-7484-4774-9EE4-7C726C05FE15.jpeg

Motors mounted! Front esc mounted! Getting serious baby.

I cut down the input cups on the side of the diffs that aren't being used so I have a little more room for everything. Just that little bit made a really nice difference

View attachment 264013

I cut down the input cups on the side of the diffs that aren't being used so I have a little more room for everything. Just that little bit made a really nice difference

Look at all that real estate!

You could literally load up DOUBLE PPS Dual-Motor 8S setups and not even break a sweat in (having to mount side skirts for) finding space for all the batteries..

View attachment 264013

Hey, this is a family forum, put on some pants man! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back