purchased these 3 instead of SBR 2.0, THOUGHTS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewDudeHere

Reaction score
if u ain't broke, you are buying wrong stuff
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
i was gonna buy sbr 2.0. most of the internet is negative about it than positive like the pain it is to clean or accessbility of the parts and removing and putting it back plus the back bending problem, flipping on turns etc. but i still love how it looks. so went on and purchased these 3

1. ARRMA 1/10 SENTON 4X4 V3 3S BLX Brushless for durt and gravel driving
2. Losi RC Truck 1/10 Black Rhino Ford Raptor Baja Rey for durt and gravel driving
3. Losi RC Truck 1/18 Mini-T 2.0 to play with my 3 year old toddler

are these good for the purpose i have purchased them? or should i cancel any one of them?

Last edited:
I bet you have the most fun with that Mini T, they’re a blast. Drop in a brushless and you’ll be blown away.
iScreen Shoter - Safari - 231102225624.jpg

Its says there brushless, amazon made an error in the listing?

and what about the remaining 2 lol. you are scaring me

I have the king shocks and black rihno losi baja reys. My kids and myself have a blast racing them. You should enjoy it alot! Drifting is so much fun with it!
One tough truck!

Looks like you bought the brushless Mini-T (y) That thing will haul, be sure to turn down the throttle for your kiddo. At least in the beginning! Maybe the Senton would be a better learning vehicle (set to 50% throttle). Less twitchy and probably more forgiving, driving dynamics wise.

My understanding is that the SBR 2.0 is very similar to the Baja Rey in terms of driving characteristics, due to the fact that they both have solid rear axles. I would imagine they are similar in terms of durability and ease of maintenance as well. Full roll cages, mostly bottom-access electronics, multi-panel bolt on bodies. Not sure that you gained a whole lot by buying the Baja Rey over the Super Baja Rey 2.0, other than getting a smaller truck. But maybe someone with experience with both trucks can chime in on that topic.

I think it really depends on what you're trying to do and what aspects of RC you enjoy? Senton will be better for full on sending, but the Baja Rey will be better for "scale" looks while driving. You also listed the exact same driving purpose (dirt and gravel) for both the Senton and Baja Rey. Was there any reasoning for buying two different trucks for the same purpose? Not that there's anything wrong with having multiple rigs, it just seemed like you were trying to cover a wide range of driving scenarios, so I found it interesting.

My kids and myself have the King shocks and Black Rihno Baja Rey's. They are a blast to race and drift! Tough trucks!!! Stay away from 3s. The truck will eat itself! Cups and axle pins will melt. 2s is fast!!!!
You ans your son Enjoy those new trucks.
Looks like you bought the brushless Mini-T (y) That thing will haul, be sure to turn down the throttle for your kiddo. At least in the beginning! Maybe the Senton would be a better learning vehicle (set to 50% throttle). Less twitchy and probably more forgiving, driving dynamics wise.

My understanding is that the SBR 2.0 is very similar to the Baja Rey in terms of driving characteristics, due to the fact that they both have solid rear axles. I would imagine they are similar in terms of durability and ease of maintenance as well. Full roll cages, mostly bottom-access electronics, multi-panel bolt on bodies. Not sure that you gained a whole lot by buying the Baja Rey over the Super Baja Rey 2.0, other than getting a smaller truck. But maybe someone with experience with both trucks can chime in on that topic.

I think it really depends on what you're trying to do and what aspects of RC you enjoy? Senton will be better for full on sending, but the Baja Rey will be better for "scale" looks while driving. You also listed the exact same driving purpose (dirt and gravel) for both the Senton and Baja Rey. Was there any reasoning for buying two different trucks for the same purpose? Not that there's anything wrong with having multiple rigs, it just seemed like you were trying to cover a wide range of driving scenarios, so I found it interesting.
The 1/10 scale Baja Rey is not a basher, jumps 3ft and under . Dosen't break like it's big brother.
You have 2 closed wheel 1/10 trucks to race with your son and yourself. You guys will not stop laughing with the Senton and Baja Rey!

Last edited:
Buy one after the other. Might prevent you from buying something you don't like. At look at where you are going to drive. Select the cars that fit to the area.

Be careful with the Senton in dirt, I would at the very least cut a slot in the chassis under the spur gear so the dirt doesn't get trapped inside the motor module and destroy all the bearings.

Be careful with the Senton in dirt, I would at the very least cut a slot in the chassis under the spur gear so the dirt doesn't get trapped inside the motor module and destroy all the bearings.

Here's an awesome little trick to help keep crap out of the gear module. Soft side of velcro on the bottom of the module as it is in my pic.

I agree with @Xjeepguy , that mini t is gonna be a blast! Ive got a mini b and its 1 of my favorite to run.

20230921_195454.jpg

You also listed the exact same driving purpose (dirt and gravel) for both the Senton and Baja Rey. Was there any reasoning for buying two different trucks for the same purpose? Not that there's anything wrong with having multiple rigs, it just seemed like you were trying to cover a wide range of driving scenarios, so I found it interesting.
where i stay the road of mostly gravel all the time, if by chance 1 of them breaks i will have spare one to run meanwhile the spares come. i looked into other type of cars but i didnt like any of them. i have a kraton 6s for full basing if i ever wanted to do that!

these are for mostly drifting in small areas. do you suggest any other rcs?(i would love to buy something other than senton) i don't have an area where i can do stunts like scateboard are a deserted place. mostly broken roads with gravel
Here's an awesome little trick to help keep crap out of the gear module. Soft side of velcro on the bottom of the module as it is in my pic.

I agree with @Xjeepguy , that mini t is gonna be a blast! Ive got a mini b and its 1 of my favorite to run.
thanks for the tip. will try to do this asa i get it

Last edited:
My kids and myself have the King shocks and Black Rihno Baja Rey's. They are a blast to race and drift! Tough trucks!!! Stay away from 3s. The truck will eat itself! Cups and axle pins will melt. 2s is fast!!!!
i have soldered my batteries with ec5 connectors as my other 2 cars have ec5. amazon showed that baha ray has ec5 but its wrong info as hobbystores shows that baha ray has ec3 connector. can you confirm which is correct?

also do you use ec3 battery or any other converted from ec3 to ec5?

i have soldered my batteries with ec5 connectors as my other 2 cars have ec5. amazon showed that baha ray has ec5 but its wrong info as hobbystores shows that baha ray has ec3 connector. can you confirm which is correct?

It isn't going to be an ec3, those are very small!

Where does it say ec3? This is Amain, horizon, and the losi manual itself for the truck all stating ic5. I believe whatever source is saying ec3 is not correct. That is a very very small plug.

Screenshot_20231103-010208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231103-010303_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231103-010654_Drive.jpg

Where does it say ec3? This is Amain, horizon, and the losi manual itself for the truck all stating ic5. I believe whatever source is saying ec3 is not correct. That is a very very small plug.

View attachment 329849

View attachment 329850

View attachment 329851
on losi website : https://www.losi.com/product/1-10-k...x4-brushless-rtr-with-smart/LOS03020V2T1.html

i purchased in on amazon where it says ec5 connector https://www.amazon.com/Losi-Brushle...8200&sprefix=losi+rc+1/10,aps,273&sr=8-1&th=1

Think it's an old spec. Seems they upgraded to the ec5/ic5 on v2.. right on main page..
Still blows my mind they ever even could have used the ec3.

Screenshot_20231103-012410_Samsung Internet.jpg

thank you so much for clearing this, i almost regretted buying it lol

No problem, glad it worked out!

Those trucks are worth every bit of pain that they cause. Epic trucks.. I think Kevin talbot had a video on how to get the batt in easier or something, I can't recall.

Edit-
I went back and watched. There was a small piece he removed to give more room. Its at the 55 second mark. I knew I remembered something about it. Might be useful info-

Last edited:

Yes both my Baja Rey's came with ec3 connectors. I modified and soldered in ec5 connectors. I belive the v2 comes with ec5.
No problem, glad it worked out!

Those trucks are worth every bit of pain that they cause. Epic trucks.. I think Kevin talbot had a video on how to get the batt in easier or something, I can't recall.

Edit-
I went back and watched. There was a small piece he removed to give more room. Its at the 55 second mark. I knew I remembered something about it. Might be useful info-
I only run 2s in both trucks and I removed the battery thing for more room. No issues with a 2s slapping around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back