purchased these 3 instead of SBR 2.0, THOUGHTS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an awesome little trick to help keep crap out of the gear module. Soft side of velcro on the bottom of the module as it is in my pic.

I agree with @Xjeepguy , that mini t is gonna be a blast! Ive got a mini b and its 1 of my favorite to run.

View attachment 329833
I tried that didn't even make a bit of difference but I also have the V1 motor module.

I tried that didn't even make a bit of difference but I also have the V1 motor module.

I havnt had a v1. I guess they where different?
I'm not totally for the module idea. Its probably my only real complaint about my big rock. I'm a mechanic and I see things over engineered all the time and thats what I make of that. Over complicated something that didn't need to be.

I have the king shocks and black rihno losi baja reys. My kids and myself have a blast racing them. You should enjoy it alot! Drifting is so much fun with it!
One tough truck!
just received my rhino BR. the front tires getting rubbing the body a lot. its like these is very little suspension. as soon as i hit reverse the tires getting rubbed off. but this isnt happening when i hit forward

do i have change springs or fluid in suspension? if its fluid how thick should i use?

Tighten the shock collers down some. This will raise and stiffen the suspension.

Tighten the shock collers down some. This will raise and stiffen the suspension.
Tighten meaning i should compress the spring all the way down right. Like the yellow mark in the image?

20231108_233706.jpg

Update
Tightened halfway. Now they look way better than before. Should i also tighten the rear shocks? They seem fine though?

Attachments

• 20231108_224112.jpg
    20231108_224112.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231108_235711.jpg
    20231108_235711.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231108_235911.jpg
    20231108_235911.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
That's it, looks good!! Keep the jumps about 2 foot high no more if you can. Keep a eye on your rear tires, they tend to fill with dirt. To prevent this, cover the holes inside the rear rims
16994696368846553722555200607323.jpg
and vent the tires. It seems the wheel base is the perfect lengh for the front tires to shoot dirt directly into the rear rims filling them with dirt. Happened to both my Baja Rey's. The spring set comes with 3 different wight springs, the silver or black work. The rear,the spring are a little short and front just slightly longer, stiffer than stock.

That's it, looks good!! Keep the jumps about 2 foot high no more if you can. Keep a eye on your rear tires, they tend to fill with dirt. To prevent this, cover the holes inside the rear rimsView attachment 330826 and vent the tires. It seems the wheel base is the perfect lengh for the front tires to shoot dirt directly into the rear rims filling them with dirt. Happened to both my Baja Rey's. The spring set comes with 3 different wight springs, the silver or black work. The rear,the spring are a little short and front just slightly longer, stiffer than stock.
Thanks, you mean these holes? But they seem to have some kind of white mesh to block dirt from not getting inside

If i apply tape on them. How will the air escape from tires? When we jump?

Also what is the max battery size in mah we can fit in this one. I read on youtube someone was using 10800mah. But i can hardly fit single 3s 5000mah

20231109_003633.jpg

Thanks, you mean these holes? But they seem to have some kind of white mesh to block dirt from not getting inside

If i apply tape on them. How will the air escape from tires? When we jump?

Also what is the max battery size in mah we can fit in this one. I read on youtube someone was using 10800mah. But i can hardly fit single 3s 5000mah

View attachment 330829
That white mesh is the tire foam. Search on YouTube venting rc tires,people use many different ways to vent tires. 3s will eat your cups and axles fast. 2s is best for these trucks. Don't put that removable barrier for 2s, and run any mah. 5200 is max for 3s. 3s is just too too powerful for this truck.
Tighten meaning i should compress the spring all the way down right. Like the yellow mark in the image?

View attachment 330803
Update

Tightened halfway. Now they look way better than before. Should i also tighten the rear shocks? They seem fine though?

Last edited:
I bet you have the most fun with that Mini T, they’re a blast. Drop in a brushless and you’ll be blown away.
Hi, how are you doing! Its as you said i have been driving the mini t like crazy but mostly on roads. After 6 or 7 packs i have cleaned thw bearings and everything.

Just now i was doing flips with it. After 5 min its all of a sudden it lost it all of its throttle and even at at full speed it goes very slow even though the motor is spinning at full speed. Attached images and video. What should i replace now?

20231123_193010.jpg

20231123_193003.jpg

Hi, how are you doing! Its as you said i have been driving the mini t like crazy but mostly on roads. After 6 or 7 packs i have cleaned thw bearings and everything.

Just now i was doing flips with it. After 5 min its all of a sudden it lost it all of its throttle and even at at full speed it goes very slow even though the motor is spinning at full speed. Attached images and video. What should i replace now?

View attachment 333437

View attachment 333438
Tighten the slipper clutch.

i just did. i have tightened it like 2 complete rotation. i spring almost close to close. still same problem

all was good until the last run. i never opened the gearbox before

View attachment 333440
Tighten it all the way down and see if your problem goes away.

When you stab the throttle on high traction surface, you really stress the drivetrain, that's why the slipper is there. If you don't like it slipping and still want to stab the throttle from a dead stop on high traction surfaces, the rest of the drive train takes a beating, mainly your cups and bones. It's almost a tradeoff.

i just did. i have tightened it like 2 complete rotation. i spring almost close to close. still same problem

all was good until the last run. i never opened the gearbox before

View attachment 333440
I doubt the issue is in the gearbox, pull your back tires off and see if the wheel hexes are stripped. Be careful not to let the little pin fall out and get lost. They are a pain to find lol.
Inspect the hex inside the wheel and the plastic drive hex that turns it.

Tighten it all the way down and see if your problem goes away.

When you stab the throttle on high traction surface, you really stress the drivetrain, that's why the slipper is there. If you don't like it slipping and still want to stab the throttle from a dead stop on high traction surfaces, the rest of the drive train takes a beating, mainly your cups and bones. It's almost a tradeoff.
thanks for the fast replies.
I doubt the issue is in the gearbox, pull your back tires off and see if the wheel hexes are stripped. Be careful not to let the little pin fall out and get lost. They are a pain to find lol.
Inspect the hex inside the wheel and the plastic drive hex that turns it.
dammit, you are a god send. love you to the bone, i mean like a bro. thank you so much. it was indeed the hex. i did revome it today to clean the bearings. now its got a little bit stripped off

should i tighten the back wheels a little bit more for it to stay in place? or they will keep getting loose as i have cleaned them

thanks for the fast replies.

dammit, you are a god send. love you to the bone, i mean like a bro. thank you so much. it was indeed the hex. i did revome it today to clean the bearings. now its got a little bit stripped off

should i tighten the back wheels a little bit more for it to stay in place? or they will keep getting loose as i have cleaned them
Id invest in aluminum hexes. They’re pretty cheap, and should solve your problem.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...aluminum-hex-set-black-4-hramtt10m01/p1435280
I wouldn’t try to run the buggy until you get new hexes, you may wind up damaging the inside of the wheel.

Id invest in aluminum hexes. They’re pretty cheap, and should solve your problem.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...aluminum-hex-set-black-4-hramtt10m01/p1435280
I wouldn’t try to run the buggy until you get new hexes, you may wind up damaging the inside of the wheel.
Gotcha will placw the order today itself. Also can you suggest what more should i replace with aluminum? As i mostly drive off road. 2days back i have purchased these

As there is black friday should i also grab some spares that goes bad from time to time?

Sorry for talking so much of your time. Thank you for all the help

Screenshot_20231123_205341_Gmail.jpg

EDIT : nevermind this last post

Last edited:
I run my mini-b (same exact setup) on way over powered castle motor on 3s with no slipper clutch at all and havnt managed to tear anything up yet. The vehicles are so light it doesn't seem to really strain much.
Just make sure your wheels are good and tight, but that there isn't any binding and to you'll be good. Alum hexs are a great idea!
These little suckers are fun aren't they? 😁

I run my mini-b (same exact setup) on way over powered castle motor on 3s with no slipper clutch at all and havnt managed to tear anything up yet. The vehicles are so light it doesn't seem to really strain much.
Just make sure your wheels are good and tight, but that there isn't any binding and to you'll be good. Alum hexs are a great idea!
These little suckers are fun aren't they? 😁
does this mean i can just remove slipper cluthch which came with my stock minit and still run it?

yes, mini is awesome. when i give it full throttle it literally flips twice before going on full speed. the only problem is it always goes to left side on its own but not straight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back