Out of 3 trucks, only one prevailed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
After a brutal day at work, I came home, charged up 2 4s batteries for Big Chungus (xmaxx) and a 3s for my MT10. Figured I'd run some rigs I haven't had out in a while. Ran Chungus 15', backflipped up a curb, and it stopped. Full steering, no throttle. Checked motor connections, they're fine. Light turns red when I pull trigger, probably a screwed Max6 knowing my luck.

Put the batteries from Chungus into my XRT, ran for 10 mins, landed a backflip and once again, no throttle. Found that the ESC came loose and yanked out the motor wire. Went to reinstall, cup is loose. Guess I'll have to solder that back later. 🤦‍♂️

So I switch the radio over the the little MT1000. I beat that truck as hard as I could. Took my aggression out on that thing until it hit LVC. What a little beast. It seems I can always count on that truck no matter what the circumstances.

Tomorrow it's gonna be all 3 sizes of Kraton in one bash sesh. Gonna hit the pump track. That usually doesn't end well.

Ok. This sucks.
This Max6 ESC has only been run 3 times since new, on very conservative gearing, and honestly, two of those runs I broke the truck about halfway through. It's toast. Ran for 20 seconds and shut off. Won't connect to program card and gets hot just sitting there plugged in and on. Guess I'll have to get a hold of Hobbywing and see what I can do.

But wait, that's not all!

My Spektrum 160a that I had in my XRT has serious arc damage in one of the output cups. I have a lot of delicate filing to do, and hope there's enough material there to not crack. Great.

So I went from all my rigs ready to go, to two of my favorites down, due to ESC problems. If Hobbywing can't do anything for me, I'll just go Castle for the next one. FML.

Ok. This sucks.
This Max6 ESC has only been run 3 times since new, on very conservative gearing, and honestly, two of those runs I broke the truck about halfway through. It's toast. Ran for 20 seconds and shut off. Won't connect to program card and gets hot just sitting there plugged in and on. Guess I'll have to get a hold of Hobbywing and see what I can do.

But wait, that's not all!

My Spektrum 160a that I had in my XRT has serious arc damage in one of the output cups. I have a lot of delicate filing to do, and hope there's enough material there to not crack. Great.

So I went from all my rigs ready to go, to two of my favorites down, due to ESC problems. If Hobbywing can't do anything for me, I'll just go Castle for the next one. FML.
Oof that is rough!

I have had such good luck with the OG Max6 and Max5 makes me wonder how good the G2's are.

That ESC ejection though sounds rough. I had a connection that needed help as well. Very very fine grit sandpaper fixed it right up. Found the prongs had collapsed a bit.

Oof that is rough!

I have had such good luck with the OG Max6 and Max5 makes me wonder how good the G2's are.

That ESC ejection though sounds rough. I had a connection that needed help as well. Very very fine grit sandpaper fixed it right up. Found the prongs had collapsed a bit.
Yep, this one isn't a G2 either. I bought it right before the G2 dropped. It's been a rough day all around.

A feller been thinking. If I were to buy a Max5 setup for the ol K8, that'd leave a beast of a system for Big Chungus. And the K8 would be 12s capable......🤔

Back