Kraton QS8 to EC5 series harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Good morning guys

Looking to get a Max5 combo

But don't know how to solder yet

Was wondering if these would be safe to use in Kraton / Outcast 5th scale

Thanks

71BE21C2-6764-4692-95F8-71F89CF260FA.png

The company selling that combo is radiocontrolpower.com.

If you go to their site or email them, they will solder on any connection you want, and probably be a bit cheaper than buying through eBay.
Thanks that’s awesome!

I use qs8 to ec5 adapters on my k8s for some of my batteries. They work fine, I also bought them from radiocontrolpower.

I use qs8 to ec5 adapters on my k8s for some of my batteries. They work fine, I also bought them from radiocontrolpower.
Thanks!
That will make it easier ...have a bunch of batteries w ec5

Do you have any issues with the EC5 connector handling a high amp load?
All my batteries and rigs are EC5
I was looking at a Castle XLX2 / 800kv for either Kraton8S or DBXL-E2, but they do not recommend EC5.

I never put a connector on my ESC, just 8mm bullets. It makes everything a lot neater and less wire/clutter to deal with whether I'm running series or parallel. It eliminates probably around half the wires and all of the connectors with the exception of the QS8s I have on the packs. Yes, you need to take a few seconds more every time when you button things up because you don't want to be plugging batteries and/or ESCs together in the wrong order but, in light of the fact that I already go through a checklist of stuff before I head out, it's nothing in the grand scheme of things. But that's just me, YMMV.

Sorry to revive old thread, but just so I understand your esc terminates to qs8 and your batteries are ec5? I’ll be in this boat shortly and am considering putting qs8 adapters on my batteries that are currently ec5. The different in wire size has me concerned for my batteries and plugs.

I never put a connector on my ESC, just 8mm bullets. It makes everything a lot neater and less wire/clutter to deal with whether I'm running series or parallel. It eliminates probably around half the wires and all of the connectors with the exception of the QS8s I have on the packs. Yes, you need to take a few seconds more every time when you button things up because you don't want to be plugging batteries and/or ESCs together in the wrong order but, in light of the fact that I already go through a checklist of stuff before I head out, it's nothing in the grand scheme of things. But that's just me, YMMV.
Hello over a year later :). Do you happen to have a pic of this setup in series? How do you connect the bullets to the QS8s? Thanks

Sorry to revive old thread, but just so I understand your esc terminates to qs8 and your batteries are ec5? I’ll be in this boat shortly and am considering putting qs8 adapters on my batteries that are currently ec5. The different in wire size has me concerned for my batteries and plugs.
Just make sure you don’t use cheap Amazon adapters. I agree with the other recommendations of buying from radiocontrolpower.com.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back