Kraton Razor RC Kraton & Outcast 4S V2 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know...
However I'm going to put them under a miter saw and chop them in half or by 1/3...

I just have a hard time cutting up a Perfectly good chassis. Especially if I only need a certain section of it.
And just toss the rest.

No offense, but I'm not going to collect my trash and pack it up in a box and drive to the P.O. and wait in line and mail it to you. Sorry, I hope you can see why.

No offense, but I'm not going to collect my trash and pack it up in a box and drive to the P.O. and wait in line and mail it to you. Sorry, I hope you can see why.

I gotcha.
No offense taken. 🍺👍

Just trying to help reduce the landfill by repurposing some beat up chassis ,where possible..

I gotcha.
No offense taken. 🍺👍

Just trying to help reduce the landfill by repurposing some beat up chassis ,where possible..
He wasn't' even talking to me and I thought it was rude AF tbh. You're much more level headed than me lol. I mean ok it's cool if you don't want to do it but he definitely didn't have to say it like that, the 28$ comment was rude af too tbh. This is a nice community and there are tons of people who wouldn't have a problem "boxing up trash" and sending it to someone who could actually use it.

I'ma leave it at that though, maybe he is having a bad day.

He wasn't' even talking to me and I thought it was rude AF tbh. You're much more level headed than me lol. I mean ok it's cool if you don't want to do it but he definitely didn't have to say it like that, the 28$ comment was rude af too tbh. This is a nice community and there are tons of people who wouldn't have a problem "boxing up trash" and sending it to someone who could actually use it.

I literally get asked 50x a day from RC people asking me to do something for them. The ones I answer are the ones where I know the person is really struggling with something that they won't be able to solve themselves. I honestly can't spend 30 min. to help each person out. It's just not possible from a time, energy, or logistics point of view. It's way more productive if I spend 30 min. making a video that will help 1000+ people than spending 30 min. helping one person. My comment was a bit peepee-ish, but I was trying to get people to understand that you need to view things from the other person's point of view.

I guess I grew up being taught to be very self-reliant and figure stuff out myself, so personally I always feel like I'm imposing on someone when I ask them for a favor. Maybe that's a character flaw, but I really don't like to ask people for anything if I have the means to accomplish it myself.

I gotcha.
No offense taken. 🍺👍

Hey @Tex Koder,

I got a semi-cracked LWB chassis if you want it, lmk.

Boxing stuff up and standing in line at the post office can actually be pretty burdensome depending on one’s domestic commitments (e.g small kids like I have). Plus standing in line at a post office is literal hell these days (better take a book). I think the ask was a bit cheeky personally. If I was to ask for such a favor I would offer appropriate compensation. And I would only ask as a last resort. Boundaries are ok and it is ok to say no.
So let’s not get on the attack because someone politely declined to do something they were asked to do for free, because they were not comfortable with it

I’ve seen Tex go out of his way for so many people on here without even being asked it’s ridonkulous, I understand the post office sucks, but sometimes you need to look at someone bringing up the pack and do them a solid.

That's the plan.

sounds dangerous!!!

not broken (enough) yet!
I am looking forward to hearing if it works out for you. Haven’t really been jumping my Kraton yet because I don’t have time to perform a chasis swap. Hoping between the M2c mount preventing motor deflection down and the brace preventing chasis flex up it might be a fix and if so I’ll likely make the investment 🤞
I’ve seen Tex go out of his way for so many people on here without even being asked it’s ridonkulous, I understand the post office sucks, but sometimes you need to look at someone bringing up the pack and do them a solid.
Yes he is a great guy from all that I have seen on these forums. But that doesn’t mean he is automatically owed things from others. That’s not how the world works and it’s not a healthy worldview to have. And it’s not like it is something that is imperative to the betterment of the entire community: chassis can be purchased for experimentation. It’s sucks they are being chopped up and going in the landfill. But if ‘x’ chassis have to be sacrificed to cure the chassis destruction for everyone that seems like a pretty easy moral justification to make 🤣 anyway I’m not here to fight anyones battles but I don’t think anyone should have any hard feelings about this. Especially if it doesn’t even have anything to do with them.

Last edited:
politely declined
Seriously? It was an asshole response. Surprised the hell out of me. The second one even more. I couldn’t unsubscribe his channel from both my and my wife’s accounts quick enough. It’ll take longer to unlike the videos. Elitism at its finest is highly offensive. I only have a small voice in the world but use it unashamedly.

Seriously? It was an asshole response. Surprised the hell out of me. The second one even more. I couldn’t unsubscribe his channel from both my and my wife’s accounts quick enough. It’ll take longer to unlike the videos. Elitism at its finest is highly offensive. I only have a small voice in the world but use it unashamedly.
Ok you got me there it was not a polite decline. Maybe if it was there would not be the furor 🤷‍♂️ But I still maintain it is ok to say no to a request from someone on a forum asking you to pay to package and ship them something for free.

Ok you got me there it was not a polite decline. Maybe if it was there would not be the furor 🤷‍♂️ But I still maintain it is ok to say no to a request from someone on a forum asking you to pay to package and ship them something for free.
Of course it is OK to say no to a request and I’ve done so plenty. I stated how I view it, unwatched the thread and moved on.

That is making the assumption that he was not planning on paying for shipping.

Guys,
It's cool.
Seriously.

All I asked was for Razor's damaged 4S chassis's that was destroyed enough to not be of any more use and was going to be thrown into the landfills.
I offered and still offer to pay for them to be shipped to me. Happy to do so.

No need to warm up the flame throwers or get all riled up. 🤣

I am looking forward to hearing if it works out for you. Haven’t really been jumping my Kraton yet because I don’t have time to perform a chasis swap. Hoping between the M2c mount preventing motor deflection down and the brace preventing chasis flex up it might be a fix and if so I’ll likely make the investment 🤞

Yes he is a great guy from all that I have seen on these forums. But that doesn’t mean he is automatically owed things from others. That’s not how the world works and it’s not a healthy worldview to have. And it’s not like it is something that is imperative to the betterment of the entire community: chassis can be purchased for experimentation. It’s sucks they are being chopped up and going in the landfill. But if ‘x’ chassis have to be sacrificed to cure the chassis destruction for everyone that seems like a pretty easy moral justification to make 🤣 anyway I’m not here to fight anyones battles but I don’t think anyone should have any hard feelings about this. Especially if it doesn’t even have anything to do with them.

Never said he was owed anything, but on a case by case basis, it’s not hard for one person to look at one individual thing and think “you know, I’m not going to gain anything from this, but he seems cool so maybe this once”

Being cool makes the world go round.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back