Kraton Really thinking selling my kraton 4s and get the kraton 6s what should i do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
After calculations i came up that i almost spended 800$ canadian dolards on my kraton4s. My driveshafts are going to pop out soon i feel it will need to change the shocks and few other stuff. The issues i had rly left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and im thinking upgrading wont be be worth it. By selling the kraton 4s im going to lose 300$ canadian$ approximatly lucky if i sell it for 450$ cad. Then getting the 6s kraton who is 800$ here and getting 6s lipos for 60-70$. Idk i lost a lot of faith on the kraton 4s i know im one or the only ones who had the issues im having maybe im just cursed or something because it was the same with my rustler but a lot worst. What should i do? Also the 6s durability im not sure its going to need upgrades too
Could keep the backflip lp tires and remote and the 4s lipos to save me a bit of money

If you have the budget, go for it. Being into rc planes also, one thing I learned quickly was to not bother crunching the numbers because it just stings that much more to see how much money this hobby costs. ?

You always take a loss when you buy something new, never get close to what you paid. That's the way it works especially with RC rigs. Only you know what you can afford, I know you're a young Man without a lot of cash, so crunch the numbers and see if it makes sense for you.

Your axles are going to pop out soon?

Adjust your slipper clutch...

The new CVDs are on sale, it'll only cost you $80 US to upgrade...

You'll end up spending even more on the 6s.
This. ^

RC vehicles are not really a cheap hobby especially if you want to send it like Tp or Rich Duperbash.

About the only rc that doesn't really break parts a lot are scale crawlers like the Axial SCX10-II, Traxxas TRX4, Vaterra Assender ect, and as long as you don't go crazy with upgraditus you can get a decent rtr for $200-$300. I've had my SCX10-II for about 2 years now and I have only broken the faux hitch and scratched the crap out of the body.

Have I mentioned that I have about $1,500 into just my Outcast. I currently have 14 or 15 cars and they all needs parts and maintenance. Now imagine how much these guys that have and buy dozens of cars and parts a year spend.

After calculations i came up that i almost spended 800$ canadian dolards on my kraton4s. My driveshafts are going to pop out soon i feel it will need to change the shocks and few other stuff. The issues i had rly left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and im thinking upgrading wont be be worth it. By selling the kraton 4s im going to lose 300$ canadian$ approximatly lucky if i sell it for 450$ cad. Then getting the 6s kraton who is 800$ here and getting 6s lipos for 60-70$. Idk i lost a lot of faith on the kraton 4s i know im one or the only ones who had the issues im having maybe im just cursed or something because it was the same with my rustler but a lot worst. What should i do? Also the 6s durability im not sure its going to need upgrades too
Could keep the backflip lp tires and remote and the 4s lipos to save me a bit of money
If you want to make the switch, consider selling your 4s model and buying a used 6s model. You’ll save a lot of money that way. Only do that if you’re comfortable with rebuilding diffs and maintenance though. And be super picky about the used one you buy.

If you want to make the switch, consider selling your 4s model and buying a used 6s model. You’ll save a lot of money that way. Only do that if you’re comfortable with rebuilding diffs and maintenance though. And be super picky about the used one you buy.

This ^. Be picky is right... unless you get very very cheap. A well used and abused unit will cost you more than a newer one quickly when you have to get new axles, replace bearings and service differentials. I found a lightly used Kraton 6s and it's been great. I've purchased well used before for a "good deal" and it bit me.

I also agree with the point above that you can't focus on the money spent. It may end up taking the fun out of it.... but if you really need the money somewhere else then you should probably save yourself the frustration and move on from this hobby. I've been in and out of it myself and am now at a point I can buy whatever breaks when it breaks. It's a lot more enjoyable now. :)

That’s only for the 3S tho...
Broke one wheel hub in a tumble in offroad at minus 20 degres
Ordered a few parts they should arrive this week
Your axles are going to pop out soon?

Adjust your slipper clutch...

The new CVDs are on sale, it'll only cost you $80 US to upgrade...
I think its too late i was running with a too tight slipper for a long time until the last 3 months im at one turn loose now. So the arm has already been done to them i could maybe heat them up and bend them inwards preventing them from poping out but i don't have that powerful heat souce to do it
This. ^

RC vehicles are not really a cheap hobby especially if you want to send it like Tp or Rich Duperbash.

About the only rc that doesn't really break parts a lot are scale crawlers like the Axial SCX10-II, Traxxas TRX4, Vaterra Assender ect, and as long as you don't go crazy with upgraditus you can get a decent rtr for $200-$300. I've had my SCX10-II for about 2 years now and I have only broken the faux hitch and scratched the crap out of the body.

Have I mentioned that I have about $1,500 into just my Outcast. I currently have 14 or 15 cars and they all needs parts and maintenance. Now imagine how much these guys that have and buy dozens of cars and parts a year spend.
Im going to keep it and upgrade the shocks the stock shaft lasted for 6 months so far trougth grass 80% of the time. Going to get new rear ones when they pop idk.
I don't want to buy used kraton6s because if my motor or esc goes out im fked imagine if i bough my 2 broken motors? Would have been 120$ at least

The bigger the car, the bigger the fun, the bigger the crash and repair bill. I got a bit of sticker shock when I priced replacement wheels/tyres for my son's Outcast 6S. they are 3* the prices of what I use on my Savage XS.... but everything is relative and if you aren't having fun with your RC it may be time to take a break.

Sometimes you just need to sit back and wait for the right deal. They are never there when you are extra keen to buy. I'd been thinking about a Tamiya F201 car for a while and would check ebay every now and then. Just before Xmas I was on ebay and found 3 used Tamiya cars (one was an F201) being sold as a job lot. Put my bid in and crossed my fingers. I was happy to walk away if I was outbid, but managed to be the winner.

This is why I have a ton of cars. If I bashed one too much & bust it up, I stick it on the shelf & move on. I get around to fixing it when I have the time . . . unless it's the new car on the block, then it will get all the attention until I get bored with it. Although I don't think I've had a car capture my attention for months at a time until now, & it's still not a primary goto, too big, & heavy for that. I have projects that can cover the better part of a year but I still don't have cars that I dumped a ton of money into. It's easier to just buy another car.

I had too much experience with the flaws of the 3s trucks to even think about the 4s, so I made my own, even though they are the same size & weigh a bit more, both can run 6s & are surprisingly durable for cheap cars with Arrma 4s bodies. I can spend a ton on a single RC if I think it calls for it, like the Kraton 8s, but I know when to stop. My v4 Kraton can be bashed happily with a M2C chassis, rpm arms, & a cheap 35kg servo. That's all I have it in. But I do have the most experience with that type of rig so it's hard to wreck it, especially when jumping since it handles so well. I tend to break my stuff more on tumbles than anything. Catching rocks & ruts is just too unpredictable.

I'm not gonna lie, the 6s is insane, the size impresses me so much when I first look at it that I took it without a doubt but... The bigger it is and the faster it goes, the harder it will hit the ground/wall and more expensive to repair/upgrade it will be.

In the end, you will be expending more money but thats part of the hobby. set up a budget and stick to it. It is super easy to overspend.

I'll admit I had a Big Rock 3s (similar to kraton 4s). It was a great truck, cheap parts, easy to work on. But I didnt like all of the plastic and 1/10 is quite small for tall grass. I prefer 1/8 and I feel the part prices for 1/8 are not that much higher than the 1/10. I liked the BRCC but sold it to buy an Outcast 6s. Very happy with my decision.

I really cannot agree with the comments of owning a 6s will cost you more in repairs.
I don't send my RCs 20ft in the air so maybe that is why?

Worst I ever did was bend a dog-bone on the 6s Kraton, which easily straightened/fixed on the work bench. Cant do that with a Mega/3s/4s line. The things I did with the 6s Kraton would be instant breakage on the plastic Slash 4x4 I used to bash with. I have found the 6s line to be incredibly durable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back