Receiver information

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royc1982

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi
I’ll probably get kicked off the forum but it’s the only RC forum I can find ! The RC car I need help with is not a Arrma !
I’ve been give a kids ride on RC car, you can switch it from manual to RC but I’ve not got the controller, what’s the cheapest way to resolve this ? I can see you can buy Receivers and Controllers off EBay cheap but I’m unsure what to buy and if they will plug straight in ? Here’s a picture of the set up
Cheers

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!
I don't know about your rig, but I bet someone will think of some thing.

Would love to know how the steering assembly is powered if you have more pictures into the rack.

We're going to need you to pull components for serial numbers if you desire to implement a transmitter.

Thanks for the fast reply Dales, fingers crossed 🤞👍

Would love to know how the steering assembly is powered if you have more pictures into the rack.

We're going to need you to pull components for serial numbers if you desire to implement a transmitter.
Ok thank you , that’s a job for tomorrow then
I’ll strip it down and be back 👍

Sorry that’s another photo I forgot to put on, I’ll be back with more info

Attachments

• IMG_3987.jpeg
    IMG_3987.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 34
Looks like a proprietary board with esc and receiver function. Couldnt find anything based on the serial numbers.

You could consider to replace it by a 10$ brushed esc and get the cheapest radio/receiver you can find. But I don't think it would be worth the investment tbh
Thank you for the reply, maybe I’ll just have to wait until my son is big enough to press the pedals on the vehicle ! Thanks again

Looks like a proprietary board with esc and receiver function. Couldnt find anything based on the serial numbers.

You could consider to replace it by a 10$ brushed esc and get the cheapest radio/receiver you can find. But I don't think it would be worth the investment tbh
This is a ride on car that can be controlled by the rider or switched to remote. I don’t think a little brushed motor is going to cut it. 😊
OP needs to find out the brand, Google it, and check EBay or AliExpress for a replacement controller, but I don’t know how you’d bind it. Google the manual for it as well!

Hi
I’ll probably get kicked off the forum but it’s the only RC forum I can find ! The RC car I need help with is not a Arrma !
I’ve been give a kids ride on RC car, you can switch it from manual to RC but I’ve not got the controller, what’s the cheapest way to resolve this ? I can see you can buy Receivers and Controllers off EBay cheap but I’m unsure what to buy and if they will plug straight in ? Here’s a picture of the set up
Cheers

View attachment 363084

View attachment 363085
And yo, welcome to the forum!

A 540/550 series brushed can motor is the motor. Not sure what is attached to the back of it. Maybe that's the esc? I have some old aircraft esc's for 400 series motors that just bolted over the power leads right behind the motor. Could be similar? Actually looks to be a cooling fan mounted to motor (yellow leads)? A 550 can motor is the typical motor for these ride-ons.
You need to troubleshoot. Start with fresh transmitter batteries and a good battery for the ride on. Once power is confirmed, see if the radio is linked. Harder to check with everything being proprietary.
Unlikely that the steering servo and the speed control could both fry together.
What frequency is the radio. Most likely a 27 mhz, or maybe 49mhz, if its a modern 2.4 ghz that makes things easier. If it had modern servo connection plugs it would be super easy.

Last edited:
My bad. I thought you had the transmitter and things just weren’t working.
So get as much data/description as you can for this car and do a web search for info on it. eBay may be useful too. Once you can identify it you can find out more about the radio.

This is a ride on car that can be controlled by the rider or switched to remote. I don’t think a little brushed motor is going to cut it. 😊
OP needs to find out the brand, Google it, and check EBay or AliExpress for a replacement controller, but I don’t know how you’d bind it. Google the manual for it as well!

And yo, welcome to the forum!
Power wheels only have 550 and 775 motors in them. https://www.amazon.com/40000RPM-Gea...-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

I swear there was a forum dedicated to modifying power wheels that had some info on making them radio controlled but I cannot find it now.

Last edited:
Power wheels only have 550 and 775 motors in them. https://www.amazon.com/40000RPM-Gea...-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

I swear there was a forum dedicated to modifying power wheels that had some info on making them radio controlled but I cannot find it now.
Well boy do I stand corrected! I still can’t get my mind around how a little 550 brushed motor can push something this big around with a kid on top of it. On what is basically 3s?
My newfound knowledge is really enticing me to find an old power-wheels and throwing in one of my extra 8S TP motors with one of those bigger cheap Ali ESC’s. Toss in a RadioLink receiver, tie my least favorite kid to it and let her rip. I wouldn’t even have to buy another radio…

Well boy do I stand corrected! I still can’t get my mind around how a little 550 brushed motor can push something this big around with a kid on top of it. On what is basically 3s?
My newfound knowledge is really enticing me to find an old power-wheels and throwing in one of my extra 8S TP motors with one of those bigger cheap Ali ESC’s. Toss in a RadioLink receiver, tie my least favorite kid to it and let her rip. I wouldn’t even have to buy another radio…

Tp makes 550 sized motors that can run 8s?

No, I was thinking of a 5680 that was too long to put in one of my builds. But I was just kidding around. It would be fun though to make a power wheels into a total missile that would have the consumer products safety commission converge on you with a SWAT team.

Here you go, for 6s at least:
https://tppowerusa.com/motors/in-stock-regular-motors/tp-36xx-series-1/tp-3630-1750-kv?limit=100
If you're really in dire straits for an 8s capable 550 motor, x-team's got you covered:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805324702833.html
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Those ride-on cars are geared so low, it wouldn't surprise me that a 550 brushed motor could handle it. If OP is feeling crafty, I bet they could unplug some wires, change the connectors and get it working with an aftermarket receiver. Worst case, just revert everything back to normal if it doesn't work? My only question is what is powering the steering.

Last edited:
Is motor length an issue? Because TP makes 36mm motors capable of 10s but they’re 84mm long. They actually do make a 6s 550 (36mm x 48mm). Again, not planning on doing it but it’s definitely an interesting proposition!

Is motor length an issue? Because TP makes 36mm motors capable of 10s but they’re 84mm long. They actually do make a 6s 550 (36mm x 48mm). Again, not planning on doing it but it’s definitely an interesting proposition!
I'm sure there is a limit on some but idk I think I depends on where they have the gearbox sitting.

Back