RIP fellow posters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, what am I chopped liver!? Lol. I had the first 100+mph Mojave Damnit lol. Yes JD is a good dude and contributor. He made me a highlight vid of my WR Mojave build and even confided in me saying he was inspired by my build and would be building a similar one. @K-BASH whats the good word dude!?!? Whatcha been working on these days?
Mike, I got all kinds of ideas on builds..wife says no big rc purchases till after Christmas.been pushing on 4s vendetta up to 142.pulled plug on that cause I've maxed out my packs,so I decided to put this other body I've had on it an start over on 2s. Hopefully tune this for 100/2s 130/3s an 150/4s.seen you been tearing up your local track...I need me a local track to carve on..
Once again, what am I chopped liver!? Lol. I had the first 100+mph Mojave Damnit lol. Yes JD is a good dude and contributor. He made me a highlight vid of my WR Mojave build and even confided in me saying he was inspired by my build and would be building a similar one. @K-BASH whats the good word dude!?!? Whatcha been working on these days?
Been playing with vendetta lately hold 2 world records with it now...124/3s an 142/4s.wife says no big rc purchases till after Christmas. Not much till next season. I need me a local track to rip on like you got,,,,,,and 6 SENTON6s would be sweet too😆😅🤣😂

Political correctness tends to corrode pretty much any community it invades. I've watched it happen over and over again over the last 7-8 years across a wide range of topics and communities. It chills speech. Once you have everyone walking around on egg shells, it's pretty much over.

On top of this, if you then try to make an alternative non-PC community with the goal of enabling free discussion, the likely outcome is that it will quickly fill up with all the worst people who want to abuse speech rights to say and advocate for overtly malicious things, which then drives away reasonable people looking for a laid back, libertarian forum, leaving you with an Orwellian controlled speech nightmare on one hand, and a place full of legitimate neo-nazis on the other.

As I understand, this is what happened when some idealists got tired of Reddit's aggressive moderation and censorship and tried to start a new site called Voat. The latter ended up shutting down after a few years of hosting little but the dimmest white nationalist and conspiratorial content.

I hope someone eventually figures out how to bring back the online culture of the 00s, when average users were more willing to tolerate words they don't like, and different sorts of people could coexist and contribute without fear of cancellation.

On top of this, if you then try to make an alternative non-PC community with the goal of enabling free discussion, the likely outcome is that it will quickly fill up with all the worst people who want to abuse speech rights to say and advocate for overtly malicious things, which then drives away reasonable people looking for a laid back, libertarian forum, leaving you with an Orwellian controlled speech nightmare on one hand, and a place full of legitimate neo-nazis on the other.

As I understand, this is what happened when some idealists got tired of Reddit's aggressive moderation and censorship and tried to start a new site called Voat. The latter ended up shutting down after a few years of hosting little but the dimmest white nationalist and conspiratorial content.

I hope someone eventually figures out how to bring back the online culture of the 00s, when average users were more willing to tolerate words they don't like, and different sorts of people could coexist and contribute without fear of cancellation.
There is a much BIGGER picture at play than one can image. Hang tight. The future looks very interesting. And what happened, " I may not agree with you but will defend you right to say it". That was when we had true free speech.

Yeah when I first joined, @bicketybam was an inspiration for me here. Met up with him and all to bash along with my son. His videos were cool. Unique guy. I still thank him for passing up on the V1 Limitless and letting me buy it instead., when not one were to be had anywhere. Just the YT celebs were getting them.
He has since left us after Covid. Life changed for many after covid. Many went in different directions.
And conversely, I think that many newcomers came to AF as well.

Last edited:
Yeah when I first joined, @bicketybam was an inspiriation for me here. Met up with him and all to bash along with my son. His videos were cool. Unique guy. I still thank him for passing up on the V1 Limitless and letting me buy it instead., when not one were to be had anywhere. Just the YT celebs were getting them.
He has since left us after Covid. Life changed for many after covid. Many went in different directions.
And conversely, I think that many newcomers came to AF as well.
That was very kind of him. Cool move.

It's interesting how differently it affected everyone. I was a dark, morose, loner a-hole before C19 and now...well...I'm still a dark, morose, loner a-hole. Maybe it's different when you have friends. I wouldn't know. :LOL:

Lol I have just been buried in other stuff to do. Work is insanely busy. Moved into a new house and have endless projects here. It’s also football season. RC is on the back burner. Hoping spring brings me some spare time.

Lol I have just been buried in other stuff to do. Work is insanely busy. Moved into a new house and have endless projects here. It’s also football season. RC is on the back burner. Hoping spring brings me some spare time.
Whatever dude, you used to be a baller, now you put chores ahead of RC's? Hmppphhh. :ROFLMAO: Real life sure sucks some times. This weekend was the first time I've got to play in month's, my season is just backwards of everyone else. 🤪

Jon, I just check each day to see when your posting. Not too many of the og gang left. Remember the days of Traverse City or the big brawls with Ed (Bicketybam)? Who could forget the Peeeeeeaaanut era? I'm a relic here now, as the median age seems to be around 17. Your posts about a good bottle you picked up are almost as fun to see as someone breaking a new speed record. sigh.......

Jon, I just check each day to see when your posting. Not too many of the og gang left. Remember the days of Traverse City or the big brawls with Ed (Bicketybam)? Who could forget the Peeeeeeaaanut era? I'm a relic here now, as the median age seems to be around 17. Your posts about a good bottle you picked up are almost as fun to see as someone breaking a new speed record. sigh.......
Oh those were the days. I was fairly new here. And I said like Holy crap, some bunch of guys. Brawls etc.:LOL:
Then I met Ed in person to bash. Nicest guy. Everyone here is cool.;)

Here is for posterity.....

https://www.youtube.com/@bicketybamRC

Last edited:
Thanks for making me feel like a newb! 😝 :ROFLMAO:

Median age is 17????? naaah, bunch of old guys here playing with toys :ROFLMAO:

There's a reason @Dutch's "You know you're old if..." thread has 700 replies ;)

Last edited:
Oh those were the days. I was fairly new here. And I said like Holy crap, some bunch of guys. Brawls etc.:LOL:
Then I met Ed in person to bash. Nicest guy. Everyone here is cool.;)

Here is for posterity.....

https://www.youtube.com/@bicketybamRC

Damn I miss seeing Ed here on the forum. I have kept in touch with him though and he's doing great. Rc's might not be his focus these days, but he hasn't got rid of them either. Who knows, maybe one day we'll see the return of the man we all call @bicketybam 🤞

There's a bunch of old timer RC 'ers here. The newer young crowd knows how to tap all that wisdom. It's why they deal with all our old crusty crap attitudes in the first place.:ROFLMAO:

There's a bunch of old timer RC 'ers here. The newer young crowd knows how to tap all that wisdom. It's why they deal with all our old crusty crap attitudes in the first place.:ROFLMAO:
That is kind of an interesting question. I wonder what the age demographics are here in the forum.
If I had to guess about age for "active" accounts, i guess something like:

Age / Percent of forum
10-20; 20%
20-30; 10%
30-40; 15%
40-50; 30%
50+; 25%

Someone did the math some time ago. It was surprising. I think it was like age 40. Median average. Don't quote me. But I am well older.
The age demographics changes from year to year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back