RIP fellow posters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1668620696723.png

It's from 2020 so fast forward two years later and my guess is the 50 - 59 group has taken the lead. We're just better, faster, stronger and smarter. Wish that in a forum of close to 33k members, more people would have taken the time to answer the poll.

That was very kind of him. Cool move.

It's interesting how differently it affected everyone. I was a dark, morose, loner a-hole before C19 and now...well...I'm still a dark, morose, loner a-hole. Maybe it's different when you have friends. I wouldn't know. :LOL:
Me too!! Thankfully I have my wife!! Covid literally changed nothing in my routine besides wearing an f'ing mask while outside my kingdom. LOL I'm a loaner, and proud of it. 😎
I am guessing covid affected the results. Now the poll would likely have less working age people.
Perhaps.. what is working age anyway? I have it as 15 till death..is that right?🤣🤣😉🍻

15 till death is only if you are obsessed with rc. I was referring to the 18-60ish. This is the time period when the majority of people that age have 9-5s.
You may be on to something there..🤔😉
Ah, screw it.. if it weren't rc's, it'd be coke n booz!!🤣🤣
Come to think of it, if I were doin coke n booz, I wouldn't have to work as long!! LOL

Yep, I'm right in that sweet spot!😁
Rub it in butthead! 😝 :ROFLMAO: I'm getting up there, next year I will be switching categories, unfortunately it's in the wrong direction.

Rub it in butthead! 😝 :ROFLMAO: I'm getting up there, next year I will be switching categories, unfortunately it's in the wrong direction.
I figure once I hit 50 I'll just count back down to 35, then kinda ping pong between the two 😆

To restate something I wrote in another thread: It's hard to maintain consistent interest in R/C and R/C forums, especially if you're not racing or involved in a club. There are only so many ways to bash, break, repair and upgrade your cars and eventually it wears thin and you wind up taking a break to focus on other things.

I suspect this is where many of those who disappeared have gone. Maybe they'll be back, but life can change quickly and radically especially while you're young, so I wouldn't count on it.

To restate something I wrote in another thread: It's hard to maintain consistent interest in R/C and R/C forums, especially if you're not racing or involved in a club. There are only so many ways to bash, break, repair and upgrade your cars and eventually it wears thin and you wind up taking a break to focus on other things.

I suspect this is where many of those who disappeared have gone. Maybe they'll be back, but life can change quickly and radically especially while you're young, so I wouldn't count on it.
I think you could say the same thing about any hobby though.

I think having a social aspect to RC is a strong way to stay involved. Whether the social aspect is through the forum (for example, like speed running and posting numbers to compare and being engaged in other people's attempts) or through having one or two friends to drive/bash/race RCs with (in real life).

Even if i was bored to tears with an RC (let's say my KEXB--though that's not the case), i would be super motivated to get together with my buddy who has a KEXB so we could bash EXB's around and just talk. I'd be more likely to want to keep maintaining, fixing, or upgrading the EXB knowing we might have more opportunities to do the same in the future.

I think you could say the same thing about any hobby though.

I think having a social aspect to RC is a strong way to stay involved. Whether the social aspect is through the forum (for example, like speed running and posting numbers to compare and being engaged in other people's attempts) or through having one or two friends to drive/bash/race RCs with (in real life).

Even if i was bored to tears with an RC (let's say my KEXB--though that's not the case), i would be super motivated to get together with my buddy who has a KEXB so we could bash EXB's around and just talk. I'd be more likely to want to keep maintaining, fixing, or upgrading the EXB knowing we might have more opportunities to do the same in the future.
I concur..I've been in and out of the hobby for decades..my latest phase is going on over 2 years, mainly due to having my brother involved AND this forum😉🍻
See, my brother and I haven't really been close ever, but he went through a rough patch a couple years back, and we've been hooked up since..bashing alone gets old rather quickly IMO.

I think I would have grown weary of bashing around before too long. Speed running, the setting of goals, achieving them, setting new goals, etc. really helps keep my interest high. Of course following the exploits of fellow runners does as well. If (or rather when) I retire from speed running I'm either going to move to drag or track racing. I feel like I need to have a goal or competition of some sort to maintain interest. Either running against the clock or against the speedometer. Something beyond just driving around.

I think I would have grown weary of bashing around before too long. Speed running, the setting of goals, achieving them, setting new goals, etc. really helps keep my interest high. Of course following the exploits of fellow runners does as well. If (or rather when) I retire from speed running I'm either going to move to drag or track racing. I feel like I need to have a goal or competition of some sort to maintain interest. Either running against the clock or against the speedometer. Something beyond just driving around.
Yup! Even if the goal is just kicking my brother's butt(😬) it keeps me piqued, LOL.
You are getting younger? You should see a doctor. That isn't what is supposed to happen.
Spoken like a youngster!😉 You must be young..it's humbling for sure when you go over the "hump"..enjoy being young my friend!!👍😎

Last edited:
Totally agree with the goal setting thing. I'm the same way. Need something else to achieve.

But not just with speed running, dirt tracks too. That's why I built mine, too keep my interests going. I created it so it's not just one thing, going around and around. I can break the track up into different laps/courses. And extending it next year is def going to keep me in the hobby for while. (y):D

Looks like you all are stuck with me for the next year or so at least. Hell, what else am I gonna do with the track. Kind of committed now. 🤷‍♂️ 😜😁:ROFLMAO:🍻✌️

Totally agree with the goal setting thing. I'm the same way. Need something else to achieve.

But not just with speed running, dirt tracks too. That's why I built mine, too keep my interests going. I created it so it's not just one thing, going around and around. I can break the track up into different laps/courses. And extending it next year is def going to keep me in the hobby for while. (y):D

Looks like you all are stuck with me for the next year or so at least. Hell, what else am I gonna do with the track. Kind of committed now. 🤷‍♂️ 😜😁:ROFLMAO:🍻✌️
And I thought only 130mph flybys could get me to half mast. You sir...have proven otherwise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back