Kraton Rpm arms what’s the deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So, I’ve noticed with other models of cars RPM makes SO many colors... and for the arrma cars.... blue... and *black.. THATS IT ! Lol

Sooo anyone know why?

I’m just curious is all. Simply curious.

:)

Last edited:
They answered...

“ Dear Mr (name removed),

Traxxas is the biggest name in radio control. It's a silly slogan but it's also a cold hard truth. Our product line for Traxxas vehicles tends to sell quite a bit more than our ARRMA line but more importantly, Traxxas rarely changes their vehicles. For example, our a-arms for the Traxxas Slash 2wd have been around for well over a decade and are one of our top selling parts. Additionally, colors other than black aren't nearly as popular so their sales are lower. Since our Traxxas products have shelf-life and longevity, we can offer additional colors without fear of a loss (American-made molds are not cheap to build) because we know how long they'll stick around.

As for ARRMA, the Kraton 6S, for example, has only been around for 4 or 5 years and it's already on version #4. Every time they make a change, our products stand a chance of no longer fitting, which means we can be stuck with product on the shelf that may never sell. Because of that, we're cautious with the ARRMA line. Don't get us wrong, we're still kicking out more and more parts for the ARRMA line, but most of them will be black with the possibility of blue, but since other color options aren't nearly as popular as black and blue, it is unlikely we will release additional color choices in the foreseeable future. I hope you understand our perspective on this topic.

Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.”

They answered...

“ Dear Mr (name removed),

Traxxas is the biggest name in radio control. It's a silly slogan but it's also a cold hard truth. Our product line for Traxxas vehicles tends to sell quite a bit more than our ARRMA line but more importantly, Traxxas rarely changes their vehicles. For example, our a-arms for the Traxxas Slash 2wd have been around for well over a decade and are one of our top selling parts. Additionally, colors other than black aren't nearly as popular so their sales are lower. Since our Traxxas products have shelf-life and longevity, we can offer additional colors without fear of a loss (American-made molds are not cheap to build) because we know how long they'll stick around.

As for ARRMA, the Kraton 6S, for example, has only been around for 4 or 5 years and it's already on version #4. Every time they make a change, our products stand a chance of no longer fitting, which means we can be stuck with product on the shelf that may never sell. Because of that, we're cautious with the ARRMA line. Don't get us wrong, we're still kicking out more and more parts for the ARRMA line, but most of them will be black with the possibility of blue, but since other color options aren't nearly as popular as black and blue, it is unlikely we will release additional color choices in the foreseeable future. I hope you understand our perspective on this topic.

Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.”
So basically it's all Traxxass fault we don't get more colors..???

I’m looking to use that high temp red engine paint sticks stupid good on plastic. Upper and lower arms will be painted, I’ll be the tester and post later today
I use the aluminum color vht high temp. Works pretty well clean it real good first to get the mold release agent off of the parts. I like scrubbing bubbles for that

Attachments

• 20200525_140047.jpg
    20200525_140047.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200615_190833.jpg
    20200615_190833.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 64
I was trying to see if there was anyway to get them to do a limited run of red... but it looks like it may be too expensive.. :(

I really wanted to do it... but they said qty 500 minimum of each part. So 500 fronts and 500 rears. Plus 80-200 setup per mold (2 molds, 1 front 1 rear). Gahhh

I was trying to see if there was anyway to get them to do a limited run of red... but it looks like it may be too expensive.. :(

I really wanted to do it... but they said qty 500 minimum of each part. So 500 fronts and 500 rears. Plus 80-200 setup per mold (2 molds, 1 front 1 rear). Gahhh
Let the paint cans rattle then

Exactly I figure I will give them a touch up when I pull the truck down for a good cleaning and wiring cleanup. Painted everything on truck (rollbars, bumpers, wing and arms) and still have half a can

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back